Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 238126 times)

kubackje

Why don't anyone make 11-30 lightweight cassette? There is 11-28 and next up is 11-32/34. I have Ultegra 11-30 that I would like to replace with same ratio light cassette but no luck.

Bro just look for new Goldix/ztto they have 11-30

coffeebreak

Bro just look for new Goldix/ztto they have 11-30

Just checked! Nice. Hadn't come across this as I was looking for 11-30 in my usual price range. At more than double the price and no extra weight reduction, gotta pass. Gave in and ordered my usual but in 11-28 variety: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807237040893.html

jonathanf2

Just checked! Nice. Hadn't come across this as I was looking for 11-30 in my usual price range. At more than double the price and no extra weight reduction, gotta pass. Gave in and ordered my usual but in 11-28 variety: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807237040893.html

I'm going to give the nod to the Goldix/Ztto lightweight cassette. They're all steel and well made. Much better than any of those mix steel/alloy cassettes on AliEx. Even the black hasn't worn off on mine. Pair it up to a Shimano chain and you're set.

coffeebreak

I'm going to give the nod to the Goldix/Ztto lightweight cassette. They're all steel and well made. Much better than any of those mix steel/alloy cassettes on AliEx. Even the black hasn't worn off on mine. Pair it up to a Shimano chain and you're set.

Any difference in operation between these black expensive cassettes and usual silver lightweight cassettes? I have been using the Wuzei/Goldix/Sunshine lightweight regular ones and all have been fantastic

jonathanf2

Any difference in operation between these black expensive cassettes and usual silver lightweight cassettes? I have been using the Wuzei/Goldix/Sunshine lightweight regular ones and all have been fantastic

I spend probably half my ride time in the small chainring, so my big cassette cogs see heavy use. I guess if you don't use those big cogs often, then you can probably save money and just use the Wuzei/Goldix/Sunshine cassettes. For heavy climbing I really prefer the all-steel cassette for better longevity. Also I feel the gap spacing is better with the Goldix/Ztto cassettes. Less fudging needed for gear indexing.

lavistaa

Re: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!
« Reply #1805 on: September 02, 2024, 08:32:17 AM »
I have like 4 Rhinowalk bags at this point, they're all excellent.

How far from the front of the bag is the first bolt hole?  My bike has 100mm from the head tube to the first bolt, is that appropriate for the bag to fit?

Froglover825

Re: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!
« Reply #1806 on: September 02, 2024, 11:53:46 PM »
Anyone got recommendations for a cheap crankset 165mm?
I don't really care about chainring size i'm just going to use it on my trainer 110 bcd

nickobec

« Reply #1807 on: September 03, 2024, 05:41:43 AM »
I don't really care about chainring size i'm just going to use it on my trainer 110 bcd
Not the cheapest, but inexpensive FOVNO 216 aka Tunder. 24mm steel spindle,  direct mount chain ring so a extra few $ for a 110 spid, er. Bought a few different cranksets to play with crank length. By far the best quality and only one that I did not have to "clean up" to fit my Sigeyi 3 bolt power meter.
Close to 5000km on them and no issues

Crash217

« Reply #1808 on: September 03, 2024, 08:22:20 AM »

I've been running a couple of Senicx cranksets for over a year that have been solid for mtb and gravel riding.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1809 on: September 03, 2024, 02:26:13 PM »
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807080569011.html

Anyone try this 11 speed 9-46t cassette? I'm using the Spedao 10-42t cassette with no issue, but I like the fact the 9-46t has tighter gearing at the low and high gear range. A

mirphak

« Reply #1810 on: September 04, 2024, 04:16:36 AM »
I have just mounted the 12s version of this in my titanium gravel frame with a GX axs on the back, seems to shift just fine.

kubackje

« Reply #1811 on: September 05, 2024, 02:33:01 AM »
There is a new super lightweight option in town

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EIDTCUD

Looks very good

toxin

« Reply #1812 on: September 05, 2024, 03:48:22 AM »
That is scarily low weight

SillyMochi

« Reply #1813 on: September 05, 2024, 05:09:29 AM »
At least they are straight forward with telling you what you are getting and what the limitations of the product are. Good for them.
I hate when they pretend to be ultra durable and super lightweight, whereas everyone knows half the cassette is made of aluminum and won't last very long in hilly terrain.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 05:13:52 AM by SillyMochi »

kubackje

« Reply #1814 on: September 05, 2024, 05:33:23 AM »
At least they are straight forward with telling you what you are getting and what the limitations of the product are. Good for them.
I hate when they pretend to be ultra durable and super lightweight, whereas everyone knows half the cassette is made of aluminum and won't last very long in hilly terrain.

Only thing strange is that it's literally writen SPEDAO