Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 133742 times)

Fat Larry

I want to see how the LTwoo shifters handle. Only downside is that reviews mention high gear shifting needs to be done in the hoods. I was originally planning to order some 105 shifters for my gravel build, but I was able to get a cassette, chain and LTwoo shifters/Rd for a really good price.

I bought the LTWOO A7 10 speed mtb shifters. They're supposed to be 1:1/Sram compatible but i could never get them working right with an X9 10 speed derailer.

jonathanf2

I bought the LTWOO A7 10 speed mtb shifters. They're supposed to be 1:1/Sram compatible but i could never get them working right with an X9 10 speed derailer.

There's barely any info regarding the LTwoo GR9 groupset, but there seems to be some positive review on their R9 road groupset, especially the 12 speed setup. Also the seller I posted in my previous thread seems to be really on-point. They sent me photos of the product and my box with shipping label before sending it out. Crossing fingers it will be somewhat decent. Though I'll probably mix-n-match my Shimano gear first to see how they play together.

coffeebreak

Placed an order for Shimano M6100 12s groupset with KMC chain and 11-46 cassette. Assuming Shimano components are genuine, felt like a good deal. The cassette is a weak link (Sunrace) but if it runs for a thousand or so miles I'll be happy. Overall not bad for $97~. Fingers crossed.

00Garza

Placed an order for Shimano M6100 12s groupset with KMC chain and 11-46 cassette. Assuming Shimano components are genuine, felt like a good deal. The cassette is a weak link (Sunrace) but if it runs for a thousand or so miles I'll be happy. Overall not bad for $97~. Fingers crossed.

If the SunRace cassette is the weak link, then thats a pretty good deal. Their stuff is better than any chinese brand you'll find that's for sure.

Zomb1e

Any thoughts on Shimano derailleurs being sold on Aliexpress? Are they genuine or I am better off finding something locally on CL or OfferUp?
During this and previous year I've bought m7100, m6100 and m5120 RDs - not from exactly that seller you posted link to, but from one with high rates. A buddy of mine bought m8100 and m5100. All of these RDs were genuine.

kenderu

Any thoughts on Shimano derailleurs being sold on Aliexpress? Are they genuine or I am better off finding something locally on CL or OfferUp? Looking to repurpose my donor bike into flatbar hybrid/gravel bike and about to pull trigger on this:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804342561266.html

On similar note, Tektro brake pads. Saw in comments that people were wondering if they are genuine or good fakes - it was hard to guess.

For Shimano I usually go through 007 Bike Store or Anrancee cycling store, both have good reviews and geniune parts (from what I can tell, and what my LBS can tell)

coffeebreak

Thanks all. The order has shipped after a considerable delay. I'll post a small review once it's here!

federic000

Ingrid stuff is 100% designed and produced in Italy

s3si1u

For Shimano I usually go through 007 Bike Store or Anrancee cycling store, both have good reviews and geniune parts (from what I can tell, and what my LBS can tell)

I had a pretty bad experience with anrancee my first time ordering from them. I bought a 105 crankset and it was definitely genuine, but either a takeoff set or old stock that was kinda grimy and scratched up. It was missing the preload cap and had bent teeth, it wasn't packaged very well. Their only solution was to give me a $10 discount on a new outer chainring (lol) and other avenues were unwilling or unable to help. I shelved it and called it a lesson learned, and bugged them via chat for so long that they eventually offered me a discount on anything from their store to shut me up. Snagged a power meter that I was going to buy anyway, it was already on sale and I got it for even a little less and left them alone. ;D
I try not to order big brand parts off Aliexpress anymore as I find they tend to be some kind of B stock or just old and uncared for. YMMV of course, maybe I just haven't found the right vendor.
Instagram: @aerosloth

jonathanf2

I find my interest in AliExpress parts has started to wane. I do like the carbon components, but other than that I still would rather stick with name brand drivetrain parts even if I have to wait for discount sales or buy used domestically.

coffeebreak

True. Craigslist, OfferUp or FB marketplace are my go to places for drivetrain stuff. On Aliexpress I buy stem caps, bolts, decals, valves etc …you got the drift. Found that LED lights, mounts are pretty much the same price on Amazon with quick shipping and easy returns.

coffeebreak

By the way speaking of frivolous items - is there any colorful stem cap/cover that is not round? I see many options for round caps but none for those rectangular caps. My VB GF002's stem has that odd cap. Wish they had stuck with a round cap!

Serge_K

I find my interest in AliExpress parts has started to wane. I do like the carbon components, but other than that I still would rather stick with name brand drivetrain parts even if I have to wait for discount sales or buy used domestically.

Same here. Prices have been going up a lot. Now they have to charge VAT to the EU, that didn't help, but on top of that, prices are often so high that you can spend virtually the same amount buying from a legit european online bike shop. Very disappointing. Aliexpress used to be cheap stuff that usually worked, sometimes didn't, but if it's not cheap anymore...

TidyDinosaur

Same feeling here. It's still OK to buy the small parts, but I am building a hardtail xc bike and the brakes and gear will be shimano and sram. The price difference compared to Chinese brakes and groupset is just not worth it anymore...

jonathanf2

Yeah also the shipping is hit or miss. Sometimes I order from small time AliEx sellers that ship faster than the so-called gold or plus sellers. Even the guaranteed 12-day shipping doesn't even come in 12 days. My favorite sellers are the ones who post tracking details almost immediately and have thorough communication. I'm thinking it might be beneficial to make a list of fast AliEx sellers, small or big that fit that criteria.