Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 135343 times)

Tijoe

I like and use Wellgo / Xpedo:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000963811274.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006148707914.html

Of course the full Ti version of Xpedo are not a budget option...   ;)

On the cheaper side with aluminum I use and like these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003897626247.html

BR Chris

Thanks.  I have a couple pairs of the MZYRH pedals.  Recently I weighed my old WTB SPD pedals and found out the WTB pedals were 15 grams per pedal lighter than the MZYRH.   I like the Xpedo 210 gram set, but they are expensive, plus,  the link says they don't ship to the USA.   I'll search for them elsewhere.

AzureEssence

Just ordered a Zrace Blade crankset for my urban bike. $36+tax for cranks, chainring, alloy fixing bolt, crank boots and bottom bracket

Anything is better than my heavy as sin FSA Comet with steel chainring

Cerps

I have been using EC90 saddle with steel rail and it has been fine. I am also trying out their carbon rail one and it is a little bit more harsh and the rail was 7x10mm instead of 7x9mm which made install didn't work for one of my bikes.

Has anyone found a good Power ARC clone?  I have a genuine Specialized one that is starting to creak something fierce after 6500 miles.  I think it's at the rails/seat interface

kbernstein

Help! I'm addicted to chain waxing. I keep reusing the shimano quick link (until I switch to YBN that is) but I know I shouldn't do it too much. Are there good reusable quick links on ali? Like the KMC R link. I see some from SUMC, riderace but those are brands I don't associate with very high quality. A few KMC ones on ali but I don't know if I trust them to be genuine. Any trustworthy ones you guys have tested?

toxin

Connex links, a bit more pricey, but it's not worth risking it with questionable stuff for this. Keep thr regular ones for the trainer

pushpush

I've broken chains but never a quick link of any brand or type. I reuse them without any second thought until I retire the chain.

If I break a quicklink tomorrow I'll be singing a different tune!

jonathanf2

I've broken chains but never a quick link of any brand or type. I reuse them without any second thought until I retire the chain.

If I break a quicklink tomorrow I'll be singing a different tune!

Same here I've only broken chains, but I've never broken a quick link be it Shimano or even the cheap ones. The SUMC and Rider Ace quick links can be bought in bulk. They seem to have a shorter use life, but you can have like 50 of them for not much money.

Tijoe

Same here I've only broken chains, but I've never broken a quick link be it Shimano or even the cheap ones. The SUMC and Rider Ace quick links can be bought in bulk. They seem to have a shorter use life, but you can have like 50 of them for not much money.
I have been purchasing the Rider-Ace quick link 5 packs when they are on sale for $1.79 or $1.99.  I have a few in use, and none have had any issues.  This being written:  My usual chain routine is...   When I install a new chain, I use the supplied quick link (Usually KMC chains) to first set up the bike.  The quick link that comes with the chain gets installed and removed 2-3 times, but not ridden under load.   After the chain is the correct length, I remove the new chain, clean it, immersive wax it and then final install it on the bike.   Then I leave the chain on the bike, regularly adding liquid wax.   After it starts to look dirty, I remove the chain, clean it and immersive wax it again. (I do this 3-4 times a year.)  When I install the chain back on the bike, I use a Rider-Ace quick link.   On average, I end up replacing my chains about 1 to 1.5 years.  Therefore, I go through 2-3 Ride-Ace links per chain on a bike.   I've been consuming around 8 to 10 Ride-ace links per year. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 10:53:49 AM by Tijoe »

coffeebreak

+1 for riderace. I have that 5 pack of quick links for 11s chains and using a couple. They are fine. Don't stick out or anything. To be honest I keep reusing quick links too and change them only when I get a feel that they are too loose. Yet to break one.

jonathanf2

Any opinions on AliEx carbon shelled road shoes?

Also anyone use aero skinsuits from AliEx? With temps warming up in my area, I figure I should try getting more aero!

Neb

I've broken 2 of the riderace quicklinks, both while riding. One came apart at the bottom of a downhill section so I may have hit it with a branch or rock. Another came apart quite suddenly on a short sharp climb (where you out power down to carry speed), it was a hell of a surprise!

gf

Hello, someone tested trasparent frame protective layer? something with good glue without paint damages when removed? thanks

pushpush

Hello, someone tested trasparent frame protective layer? something with good glue without paint damages when removed? thanks

I've had good luck with the generic clear helicopter tape for quick dirty protection.

If you want a fitted kit to really wrap a frame and make it pretty, I would spend real money for a kit that has been meticulously designed for your frame. The difference between a frame specific wrap kit and a generic one is huge.

sbellote

does anyone know of any solution similar to 12speed garage door opener?
I expected to have seen something in Ali by now, but no sign... I find the product really well thought, but being outside the US and with exchange rates the 'original' option is not feasible

coffeebreak

Somewhat peculiar. I'm looking for white colored stem (not polished silver) but can't find it. Kalloy Uno has silver ones and on eBay I found a single listing for white Uno stem not sure if it's white from factory or was painted over. I know Aliex search can be very difficult to get to specific item and would appreciate if anyone can find white Uno stem?