Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 240615 times)

jonathanf2

Re: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!
« Reply #1845 on: September 19, 2024, 01:42:51 PM »
At which size?

At 160mm. They're not too heavy considering how sturdy they're built.

ultreia

Re: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!
« Reply #1846 on: September 20, 2024, 10:23:04 AM »
At least they warn you. I'd definitely use this for race only!

But, what is the conversion from the 300 max tensile strenght to bike power watts?

Sminchnz

« Reply #1847 on: September 20, 2024, 09:23:05 PM »
Watts won't tell you anything unless you take cadence into account.

ausmtb8989

« Reply #1848 on: September 21, 2024, 05:08:36 AM »
Watts won't tell you anything unless you take cadence into account.

lol what are you on about.  Watts is watts, has nothing to do with cadence.

PLA

« Reply #1849 on: September 21, 2024, 06:00:09 AM »
Tensile strength to power? Dunno, but when you find out, would you mind converting my speed to weight?
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Wet Noodle

« Reply #1850 on: September 21, 2024, 08:02:41 AM »
Watts is watts, has nothing to do with cadence.
Except it has.

To tell anything about whether the cog made of a material with certain properties (one of which being its tensile strength that was thrown around earlier) would hold up to a certain load, you'd need to know that load. And that load is not power (the stuff given in watts), it's either the torque acting on the cog (or the resulting force at the teeth ... both being kinda equivalent for a given cog). Same power doesn't necessarily translate to the same torque at the cog.

And NOW would be a good moment to ask what this all has to do with cadence, at which point somebody should look up how power is calculated for any rotating gizmo ...

ausmtb8989

« Reply #1851 on: September 21, 2024, 09:28:14 AM »
Except it has.

To tell anything about whether the cog made of a material with certain properties (one of which being its tensile strength that was thrown around earlier) would hold up to a certain load, you'd need to know that load. And that load is not power (the stuff given in watts), it's either the torque acting on the cog (or the resulting force at the teeth ... both being kinda equivalent for a given cog). Same power doesn't necessarily translate to the same torque at the cog.

And NOW would be a good moment to ask what this all has to do with cadence, at which point somebody should look up how power is calculated for any rotating gizmo ...

but to say Watts doesn't tell you anything without cadence doesn't make sense.  Watts tell you exactly the energy used/produced.
200watts is 200watts, regardless if its made at 50rpm or 100pm.

Wet Noodle

« Reply #1852 on: September 21, 2024, 09:35:37 AM »
but to say Watts doesn't tell you anything without cadence doesn't make sense.
It does, in the given context. Yes, there was context. Sminchnz didn't just say that in a vacuum ...
Oh, come on, do I really have to explain the concept of a conversation now?!

Sminchnz

« Reply #1853 on: September 21, 2024, 02:28:19 PM »
1000 Watts at 10rpm is massive torque that'll shred a soft cassette, but the same 1000W at 120rpm is just spinning at low torque and the cassette will be fine.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1854 on: September 27, 2024, 08:53:43 PM »
I’ve been running the Garbaruk knockoff cage for the last couple weeks on my GRX 812 RD with a Ztto 9-46t 11 speed cassette. So far it’s been great and construction is solid. I liked it so much I bought another for my backup GRX RD. Shifting and overall handling is almost as good as stock with larger cassettes. Also I noticed back pedaling is smoother than the stock GRX cage. Installation was easy and I’m able to leave the clutch on full time. I opted for 12/14t jockey wheels with steel bearings. Overall weight was approximately 277g with new cage.

acedeuce802

« Reply #1855 on: September 27, 2024, 09:20:42 PM »
^I've got the extended cage from F1Z bike shop, probably have 2000 miles on it with zero issue.  I've got the Sram MTB version, letting me use an 11-speed derailleur with Eagle 12 speed.  My buddy and I both use the oversize aluminum pully as well, but his completely bent on a ride for no reason.

jonathanf2

^I've got the extended cage from F1Z bike shop, probably have 2000 miles on it with zero issue.  I've got the Sram MTB version, letting me use an 11-speed derailleur with Eagle 12 speed.  My buddy and I both use the oversize aluminum pully as well, but his completely bent on a ride for no reason.

I bought from the same store. I just opted for the cage only version and used Fovno jockey wheels which work really well. I'm satisfied enough with the performance I might just stay mechanical on the gravel bike for the time being. In terms of flexibility, I can switch back to 2x as well. I have a Goldix 38-28t chainring on order, so I'm thinking of trying that on this setup with my GRX FD I have laying around.