Author Topic: Has anyone used Risk Competition brake cable housing?  (Read 587 times)

jonathanf2

Has anyone used Risk Competition brake cable housing?
« on: October 22, 2022, 05:28:04 PM »
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801544832297.html?

I found this on AliEx. I'm curious if anyone has tried it? Is it similar to Jagwire wireless compressionless brake cable housing? I've used Risk standard cable shift/brake cable kits and find their products close to Jagwire quality for a much lower price. I'm definitely curious to try more of their stuff.

Thanks for any feedback!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 05:37:06 PM by jonathanf2 »

promoto

Re: Has anyone used Risk Competition brake cable housing?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 04:34:23 AM »
I've found all the Risk components to be of good quality, Ive not tried the cables tho

jonathanf2

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 11:49:57 AM »
I've found all the Risk components to be of good quality, Ive not tried the cables tho

Yeah same here, all the Risk components I'm using are very good including the cables and titanium bolts they sell. I just ordered the brake cable kit. I'll report back once I receive them and have the time to install them. I'll see if they're a viable alternative to Jagwire compressionless.

gandalf

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 01:33:38 AM »
Yeah same here, all the Risk components I'm using are very good including the cables and titanium bolts they sell. I just ordered the brake cable kit. I'll report back once I receive them and have the time to install them. I'll see if they're a viable alternative to Jagwire compressionless.

I used them in my Road bike and didn't like them. Poor shifting and braking. Now in jagwire and absolutely better.

Let us know your impression, maybe they can be improved in some way...