Author Topic: Can I trust TaoBao TI Spring?  (Read 461 times)

nach05

Can I trust TaoBao TI Spring?
« on: November 10, 2022, 10:55:17 AM »
Hey guys I'm looking to get a coil spring after I test what spring rate I need (using a borrowed spring).
I found this vendor on taobao that makes custom ti springs for a good price (they specify mtb too).
I don't really care about the qualities of ti, mainly just cuz it looks cool.

Their page shows the spring building machines and shows a press for them to test the spring rates.

Haven't seen any negative reviews.

Think I can trust it? Should I give it a shot?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 12:21:34 PM by nach05 »

carbonazza

Re: TaoBao TI Spring
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 11:17:26 AM »
I'm quite curious now... as I didn't understand anything you asked  :o
A Ti Coil to replace the one on your full suspension shock ?
Do you have a link to that seller ?

coffeebreak

Re: Can I trust TaoBao TI Spring?
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 12:32:23 PM »
Link doesn't open.. for me at least - goes to login page. Is login mandatory? Anyhoo, how much is the damage to wallet? Give it a shot (if you don't mind getting a possible dud) and write a review for the community  :) From your description it sounds interesting. Could they also make other custom Ti parts?

nach05

Re: Can I trust TaoBao TI Spring?
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 08:14:00 PM »
Hmm, I suppose Taobao is a much more exclusive China and territory website, even if you can make an account I'm not sure if it'll let you order. Chances are that this vendor on taobao also sells on alibaba or aliexpress. Their store page has categories for many ti parts like car exhausts, motorcycle springs, and camping equipment, but the only items they have for sale are springs and ti bolts. I doubt they can actually make a good exhaust.

They also offer an anodising service, so I could have my shock in gold, blue, purple, or all the colours of the rainbow. I think raw titanium colour works best for my bike though. Not to mention they do engraving/etching too.

Their standard titanium spring costs about $60 USD, but they also have a beta titanium spring for about double the cost. They claim that it's much lighter, and they posted a picture of a spring weighing in at 120 grams. I was originally looking at the standard one but the beta one is pretty eye catching.

I'll probably order this in a few weeks. Will keep you guys updated on it.