Author Topic: Speeder SC-R52D  (Read 14871 times)

agomezda

Speeder SC-R52D
« on: November 13, 2022, 04:20:02 AM »
Hi all,

after some time reading only, I decided to build my first disc bike.
I purchased a Speeder SC-R52D frame.
It is the same frame as the Adris Bikes Performance and I saw it in some Forum comments sold by Speeder that sells to direct customer and also saw it by Adapt bikes as AT-B01 (here with 30mm clearance vs the 28mm anounced by Speeder). Good alrounder semi-aero and reasonably light frame.
It should be sent to Germany by early January, so now I have some time to start searching for parts.
I though it might be interesting for the Forum as I have been profiting from your insight for a while and I hope I can contribute soon.

My objective is to get arroung 7,2Kg ride-ready which is 500gr away from my current bike due to switching to disc breaks and with a budget around 4500€, so I think it won´t be so easy.

Sram AXS Red 2x12 with a Praxis Zayante crank and SRAM Force Cassette. A light 100Gr saddle and 303 Firecrest / Elite Drive / Hunt carbon spokes wheels should do the trick with the right tires 25mm front 28 rear.

The Wheels are actually the biggest headache. ZIPP 303 FC with llifetime warranty or Elite Drive crazy wieght and price? Hunt Black-Friday prices?

Will keep you posted if there is interest.

Cheers!

Bonpensiero

Re: Speeder SC-R52D
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 12:56:24 PM »
Da bin ich dabei! I am also interested in the frame. It is definitely on my list.
Curious to see what you make of it.

Kleinanzeigen for an (almost) new SRAM Red cassette? Already bought some Sram parts there for a good price.

Cheers!

agomezda

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 02:01:47 AM »
Yes, I made some good deals there too. Some people switch the 10-16 for a 10-28 in the red group and will be looking to one of those too, 10-26 should be enough for my riding.

planet_sammy

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 04:07:31 AM »
Why not the "Super Light Pattern" wheels directly from Speeder, look identical to the Winspace, have an internal width of 21mm, so you can save money on transport costs?

https://www.speedercycling.com/28mm-Wide-45mm-Super-Light-Pattern-Carbon-Spoke-Road-Disc-Tubeless-Wheelset-SC-28WHD45TL-CSW-_p395.html

Greetings also from Germany, I'm curious how it goes on!

Sammy

patliean1

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 08:16:30 AM »
What was the price for the Speeder SC-R52D plus shipping?

agomezda

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 09:42:17 AM »
Why not the "Super Light Pattern" wheels directly from Speeder, look identical to the Winspace, have an internal width of 21mm, so you can save money on transport costs?
Thanks I will check that path too good hint, it is +100gr. vs Elite Drive. Elite has good reviews and I am Zipp happy customer that is why I was considering these, but happy to look for alternaties as I need to wait for the frame
 :(

agomezda

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 09:47:34 AM »
What was the price for the Speeder SC-R52D plus shipping?
745$ frame, 30$ the headset, Thru Axles 20$ (did not order these as I want lighter ones, these are okish @84gr set but I can go below 60gr for little more). Shipping 120$

BTW, so far Speeder were fast and even after ordering, I am sending questions about the axles and they answered very promptly and accurate. i hope it stays like this.

s3si1u

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 12:16:08 PM »
Very promising. Thanks for making this thread and including us in your purchasing journey  ;D Looking at Speeder myself for a future frame purchase. I'm sure it will be a few months but I look forward to seeing the frame built up. Sounds like a very nice build!
Instagram: @aerosloth

NLD

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 02:58:49 AM »
I also have the SC-R52D on order.

UD carbon clear gloss frame
UD carbon clear matt seat & handlebar

i'm still undiceded which groepset i'll put on it...
Plan is it should arrive january in the Netherlands

Will keep you guys posted if i know more (or have pictures  :D )

Tines

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 03:40:33 AM »
I went for Shimano 105 di2 because apparently setting up SRAM‘s front derailleur successfully is highly dependent on the frames tolerances. While I do have faith for the frame itself to be fine I cannot be sure about the FD hanger and I don’t want to risk it. I also already have a bike with ultegra so I can switch parts if i wanted to.

J0a_87

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 03:46:58 AM »
Just got a quote! glad to see the max tire clearance is just a tad bigger. Gonna place the order anytime soon. Im Curious which size you guys got? Im still not sure wether to get a 510 or 535, seems like my regular size (55) is right in between.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 04:34:27 AM by J0a_87 »

NLD

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2022, 04:28:17 PM »
My frame should be shipped 2nd half of this month! Can't wait now :)
I do already got my groupset now... Also went with 105 di2 with ultegra cassette and disc rotors.
Was really on the fence weather to chose for SRAM or Shimano,
but after doubting too long just picked 105...
24mm axle, bigger chainring (looks better for large frame size imo), i could keep my current wheelset hub and my current 105 R7000 never failed me!
Do think the AXS completely wirelessness is really appealing...

Just got a quote! glad to see the max tire clearance is just a tad bigger. Gonna place the order anytime soon. Im Curious which size you guys got? Im still not sure wether to get a 510 or 535, seems like my regular size (55) is right in between.
I went with 565 frame.
I think mainly checked top tube and stack height compaired to my previous bike.
And asked for the maximum seat post length, was max 350mm if I'm correct.

Tines

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2022, 05:11:37 PM »
Nice! Did they state end of December on your invoice?
105 di2 should be absolutely fine. I went for the same groupset.

NLD

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2022, 11:45:38 AM »
Actually got mail that is shipped today! ;D

Shipping date was on "proforma invoice", but not on final invoice
It stated 2022/12/15

agomezda

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2022, 04:29:46 PM »
Same here. Funny enough, I asked about the production status a couple of days ago. They told me "all as planned", shipping planned on Jan 6th... and today they shared by e-mail the XDB label, it has been shipped. Either the production plant and the office are disconnected or they got some orders cancelled and reassigned the stock, not sure what to think.

It might arrive in a couple of weeks, but if it is not quick I will not be able to check it, since I will be gone for Xmas.

Size 48.5 for me. Sram Red AXS Group and Light Bicycle AR45 DISC Flyweight rims with DT240s have been ordered during Black Friday for the frame  :)