Author Topic: Speeder SC-R52D  (Read 14872 times)

ricedaddy

Re: Speeder SC-R52D
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2023, 01:50:18 PM »
i orderd the frame yesterday. i hat the luck that i have a adress in china and italy so i take the frame with me in the next holiday.

How much in total if you don't mind me asking.

Gosy

« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2023, 03:52:16 PM »
1000 dollar with headset, handelbar etc.

kenji

« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2023, 10:35:28 AM »
Thanks for your posts on this thread, I recently ordered this frameset at size 48.5, with clear coat UD gloss finish.
I do not have any experience ordering framesets from chinese shops/factories, but overall I am happy with the communication with Speeder cycling and the frameset itself.
It took 35 days from my paypal payment to the day where I received the frameset, which was less than I expected

I built the bike with parts from another frame that could not accept a front derailleur.

Michelin Power CUP TLR and Conti GP5000 S TR, both in 30 mm and installed on light bicycle WR45 rims, fit fine regarding tyre clearance. I might be able to fit 32 mm tires but I think that would be the maximum size.

I can confirm that the weight of the frame only (with hanger and cage mounts) was 906 g.
I did not order the integrated handlebar since I ride with clip-on bars mounted on a standard handlebar, but the top cover provided was not adapted to a standard stem. Eventually I fitted a FSA SRS headset, which look not as bad as I expected, as long as there is no spacer between the top cover and the stem

I was wondering if someone could recommend a rear derailleur hanger that could fit the frame ? I already bent one hanger following a minor crash. I had ordered two extra hangers, but I would appreciate having the possibility to find hangers without ordering at speeder cycling, if one day the shop disappears...

bremerradkurier

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2023, 12:54:49 PM »
Thanks for your posts on this thread, I recently ordered this frameset at size 48.5, with clear coat UD gloss finish.
I do not have any experience ordering framesets from chinese shops/factories, but overall I am happy with the communication with Speeder cycling and the frameset itself.
It took 35 days from my paypal payment to the day where I received the frameset, which was less than I expected

I built the bike with parts from another frame that could not accept a front derailleur.

Michelin Power CUP TLR and Conti GP5000 S TR, both in 30 mm and installed on light bicycle WR45 rims, fit fine regarding tyre clearance. I might be able to fit 32 mm tires but I think that would be the maximum size.

I can confirm that the weight of the frame only (with hanger and cage mounts) was 906 g.
I did not order the integrated handlebar since I ride with clip-on bars mounted on a standard handlebar, but the top cover provided was not adapted to a standard stem. Eventually I fitted a FSA SRS headset, which look not as bad as I expected, as long as there is no spacer between the top cover and the stem

I was wondering if someone could recommend a rear derailleur hanger that could fit the frame ? I already bent one hanger following a minor crash. I had ordered two extra hangers, but I would appreciate having the possibility to find hangers without ordering at speeder cycling, if one day the shop disappears...

Wheels Manufacturing may offer one that would fit.   

https://wheelsmfg.com/derailleur-hangers.html

Gosy

« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2023, 12:22:28 PM »
hi can anyone explain where to put the slim ring for the headset. looks like its for the side oft the fork. i hand two clamps one is for the seatpost ans the other one the di2 batteryholder ? thank you

patliean1

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2023, 02:52:37 PM »
Any updates on this frame?

I told myself I would stop testing "cheap" and affordable frames, but the reality is...I probably will never stop LoL

feris0n

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2023, 03:46:12 PM »

I told myself I would stop testing "cheap" and affordable frames, but the reality is...I probably will never stop LoL
At this rate only a couple more before I make a Pati "I'll stop testing cheap chinese frames" compilation LOL

Gosy

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2023, 12:53:54 PM »

still have the frame in the box . but looks good ,weight is nice to. next month put first wheels on…

spnasc77

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2023, 10:27:35 PM »
Love the look of this bike! Any updates regarding ride feel from those initial impressions? Has anyone done some decent climbing with it?

Narrowing down choices for a frame between this one and Yishun R1058D.

kenji

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2023, 10:15:30 AM »
Still happy with this frameset ! I think it is a good allrounder frame for fast group riding, solo endurance rides, and climbs.
I noticed with my narrow bar (36 cm) that going from a 90 mm to a 100 mm stem improved the handling when I am out of the saddle.
My main regret is the tight tyre clearance at the back.
edit : another regret is the bb86 standard, not really convenient with axs groupset : there is not a lot of option of threaded together bottom bracket for this combination
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 10:17:51 AM by kenji »

spnasc77

« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2023, 12:47:59 PM »
Ordered mine yesterday! Very excited for this frame after a lot of waffling on the decision.

I'll share the build when it arrives. Scheduled for late Jan/early Feb.

Gosy

« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2023, 11:39:31 AM »
habe you also this large gap on the stem clamp ?

Gosy

« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2024, 02:21:46 PM »
small update … hope to finish in february. after bikefit i think i can go 2 cm deeper.

Gosy

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2024, 10:14:49 AM »
finished totally happy

FlandersCyclist

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2024, 07:11:44 AM »
To the owners of the the SC-R52D, how would you rate the frame now that you have more mileage on it?
How is the stiffness, ride characteristics etc.?