Author Topic: ZTTO Drop Stems  (Read 525 times)

acedeuce802

ZTTO Drop Stems
« on: November 15, 2022, 09:28:48 AM »
ZTTO Drop Stem (Syntace Flatforce Copy)

Anyone tried one of these?  Would be perfect for those building an XC race bike with a 120/130mm fork.  On one hand, stems are pretty darn simple, but it's also a critical safety component.  I have one of the short bulky 40mm ZTTO stems with no issue, but this design seems a bit more reliant on good engineering and materials.  It's a few grams heavier than the Syntace but 10% the cost.  Syntace is 7075 but ZTTO is 6061

acedeuce802

Re: ZTTO Drop Stems
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 09:33:45 AM »
I just got the 60mm version.  Feels high quality overall.  A slight burr or coating buildup that could dig into the handlebar that I'll deburr.  I'll grab some pics when I get it on a bike.  I was originally thinking of just using it to do a bike fit, then ordering either a real Syntace FlatForce or integrated bar/stem, but I'm thinking I'll use the ZTTO.

One thing to note is that I've read the Syntace stem measures longer than it's supposed to be, I think that they measure perpendicular to the steering axis (thus center of steerer tube mount to center of handlebar is longer than the length states).  The ZTTO stem appears to be measured the traditional way, a true 60mm stem with -20deg slope.

The stack height is only 28mm, so great for short steerer tubes, or putting used forks in big bikes with long head tubes.