Author Topic: Sensah CRX Pro 11-Speed  (Read 1003 times)

Rconroy

Sensah CRX Pro 11-Speed
« on: November 21, 2022, 01:18:04 PM »
Hey folks, relatively new to this forum, but thought I would share an article I put together about my experience with the Sensah CRX Pro drivetrain.

https://www.experiencedgear.net/home/crxpro

Overall, I think its a pretty good buy, and next steps are to test the system out with a more ergonomic shifter from either Shimano or Sram, as I believe the cable pulls between all three should be the same.

Anyways, I'd love to know what folks think and what we should do differently. Additionally, if there are other items/products that we should be looking at.

ChrisB

Re: Sensah CRX Pro 11-Speed
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 05:12:50 PM »
Using the SRX Pro with the drop handlebar drifters... but other than that seems very similar.
I see you tested the original version without the updated clutch assembly on the rear derailleur.
I had issues with the chain slapping on the chain stays so have ordered the new type of derailleur... will see how well it works.

Regarding your idea to replace the shifters... you could only use SRAM since Shimano has different cable pull ratios.

BR
Chris
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 05:16:27 PM by ChrisB »

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 02:31:23 AM »
...Regarding your idea to replace the shifters... you could only use SRAM since Shimano has different cable pull ratios

I thought the opposite, SRX had the SRAM actuation, but Shimano's pull ratio.
A Deore M6100 derailleur here apparently works: https://www.reddit.com/r/gravelcycling/comments/s5xk1k/sensah_srx_pro_compatible_with_deore_m6100/

Maybe the pull ratio is different between Shimano road/MTB ?

ChrisB

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 03:17:22 AM »
I thought the opposite, SRX had the SRAM actuation, but Shimano's pull ratio.
A Deore M6100 derailleur here apparently works: https://www.reddit.com/r/gravelcycling/comments/s5xk1k/sensah_srx_pro_compatible_with_deore_m6100/

Good point I did not realize, most likely the MTB and Road components of Shimano are different?
I'm a Road rider only so really do not know...   :-[

carbonazza

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 09:53:27 AM »
...I'm a Road rider only...

What ?!? You're enjoying only a kind of third of the bicycle world, not having a gravel and an MTB !  8)

Rconroy

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 08:18:16 PM »
the derailluer that I've been riding and testing has the clutch, and I've got it adjusted all the way to the "stiffest" position.

Also, just got an 11-speed GX shifter in the mail today, and installed it. Long story short, the SRAM 11-speed shifter is not compatible with this derailleur, while I will be trying shimano shortly, I had read that 11-speed Sram and Shimano use the same pulls on their mountain products.

Also, any feedback from folks on additional information I should cover in either the video or the writeup?

ChrisB

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 12:38:58 AM »
What ?!? You're enjoying only a kind of third of the bicycle world, not having a gravel and an MTB !  8)

OK I will admit I have two Gravel bikes.... but mostly tarmac bound with the occasional gravel segment ;D
So just missing out on the MTB fun.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 12:49:43 AM by ChrisB »

ChrisB

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 12:44:22 AM »
the derailluer that I've been riding and testing has the clutch, and I've got it adjusted all the way to the "stiffest" position.

Also, just got an 11-speed GX shifter in the mail today, and installed it. Long story short, the SRAM 11-speed shifter is not compatible with this derailleur, while I will be trying shimano shortly, I had read that 11-speed Sram and Shimano use the same pulls on their mountain products.

Also, any feedback from folks on additional information I should cover in either the video or the writeup?

The Sensah SRX gravel group set has received an update to the clutch system that works now in a similar way like the Shimano GRX.
So instead of a tensioning setting it is using a friction clutch to prevent excessive chain movements. I did receive mine just this week so still need to install and test it.
You can see the clutch assembly in Sensahs Alixpress pictures:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/20000003823990.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef5c5fOv8TH3&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

BR Chris
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 12:48:21 AM by ChrisB »

Pedaldancer

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 11:40:25 AM »
Quote from: carbonazza

Yes, they are not compatible for the newer Shimano  MTB and Road. I don't exactly know when this happened (google may know the answer), 10 and 11 speed are not compatible. Also the old 10 speed road are not compatible with the current 10 speed road... crazy weird on the first view,  but is explained by the fact, that the new 10 speed are simply 11 speed with a cut-off.
Happy matching  ;D

ChrisB

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 07:47:05 AM »
Just installed the updated 11SP Sensor SRX Pro on my Gravel bike, clutch seems to keep the chain under more tension and dampen short term shocks. Will see how that works in real life.
Here a picture of the installed rear derailleur.

BR Chris
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 09:16:06 AM by ChrisB »

SVChucko

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 03:41:16 PM »
I still only have a few rides on the setup, but I got the Sensah CRX shifter and derailleur with a ZTTO 11-50 cassette. So far so good. I really need to get more miles on it.