Author Topic: Anybody see a big drop in comfort going from a round tube frame to an aero one?  (Read 546 times)

Takiyaki

I have a Dengfu FM208 (round tubes + round seatpost) and I want to switch to an R05 (aero tubes + seatpost). I will have the same wheels/tires on both (28mm GP5Ks). I know back in the day aero bikes were way stiffer but is that the case today? My roads aren't terrible but there are definitely some choppy sections and occasional potholes. If they are still super stiff I'd love some suggestions on round seatpost frames with dropped seatstays.

jonathanf2

I have a Dengfu FM208 (round tubes + round seatpost) and I want to switch to an R05 (aero tubes + seatpost). I will have the same wheels/tires on both (28mm GP5Ks). I know back in the day aero bikes were way stiffer but is that the case today? My roads aren't terrible but there are definitely some choppy sections and occasional potholes. If they are still super stiff I'd love some suggestions on round seatpost frames with dropped seatstays.

I have 2 round seat post bikes and 1 aero seat post bike all 3 being carbon. I don't notice any difference in comfort with factors such as body weight, tire width, saddle design, etc. probably make a difference in how the bike will feel. Though the good thing with round seat posts is that the clamping force is uniform with little to no worries of the seat post slipping.

Tines

I honestly Haven’t noticed a big difference between my triban rc520 round tube Alu bike compared to the canyon aeroad.
Guess I’m not too sensitive about things like that.
I noticed the difference in efficiency however.

FHS

You'd probably feel more difference moving to a different wheelset/tire combo, or, switching to tubeless and playing with tire pressure.