Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

IP-036 29er Full Suspension Carbon Frame Build

<< < (2/24) > >>

Carbon_Dude:
Okay, backing up a bit.  Here are pictures of my 19" IP-036 frame prior to assembly:

Unboxing:

I like the way the B&W paint scheme came out.  With the white Fox fork I will be adding, the B&W paint scheme will flow better.

Frame weight ended up at 2250g (4.95 lbs) as you see it here.  XMIplay lists the weight at 1950g which must be for the medium or small size.

Would have been nice to see a smoother curve on the edge of the white paint, but hey the price was right.

Carbon Fiber Layup Looks REALLY good.

The seat tube has more curve than I expected.

Carbon_Dude:
In this post I will provide some more detail of the build:

This is how I did  my cable routing:

Rear Derailleur (not going to have a front derailleur with the XX1 drivetrain).  Ended up running full cable housing through the frame.

Rear Brake.

Rear Shock Remote Cable:

Entry into the frame is shown in the same pic as the rear derailleur.
Here is where the cable exits.  Unfortunately, for the Fox shock, it ends up being a bit tight and puts a sharper bend in the cable.

The remaining external cable run would be used for the front derailleur.

Carbon_Dude:
Here are some pictures of the bike with the build complete.  Finished build weight is 24 lbs (10.9 Kg).

I know if I really wanted to I could easily knock a pound off if I went with lighter (race weight) tires like some Racing Ralphs.  The Geax Saguaro TNT tires weighed in at 1590g vs the RR are typically 1100g for a pair.  So, 23-24 lbs for a FS bike is pretty nice.  My last FS bike was a Specialized Epic 26er which weighed over 28 lbs.  Nice to have a bigger bike that's also lighter.

Sitar_Ned:
Holy crap, man.. No exaggeration.. That thing is bad ass looking!

I'm jealous!

Sitar_Ned:
Not to nit pick your riding style or anything... But you say you notice you stand up on the climbs more with the 036.. Am I mistaken when I think that standard mtb riding advice is that you should sit and spin on a full suss, and stand and mash on a hard tail..

I know I've read that more than once, that of course doesn't mean that it's true.. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version