Author Topic: ICAN Gravel X  (Read 576 times)

autumnarch

ICAN Gravel X
« on: December 29, 2022, 07:40:03 PM »
I was waiting for my new my bike to show up (3 month back order on the new Trek Fuel), so I decided to build a china carbon gravel bike.  I picked the ICAN Gravel X frame.  The order process was super easy.  I think it delivered in about 3-4 weeks.  The frame quality was great, no issues on any bolt holes or cable runs.  My only regret was not getting a custom paint job; I think the matte black turned out nice with the leather seat/bar combo, but some color would be pretty sweet. 

I also bought the ICAN carbon wheels. They arrived a week or so after the frame.  They apologized for not being able to ship a set with decals, but honestly I preferred the blank wheels.  Everything from ICAN was packed super bomb proof, I don’t think anyone could have damaged my shipment. 

The general setup:
SRAM rival axs xplr group set, 1x12. 
SRAM force cranks. 
Brookes saddle and bar tape
45mm wheels, tubeless

I don’t own a scale so I have no idea how much it weighs.  I did a lift comparison between this build and my road bike (2008 specialized roubaix) and it feels about the same.  If I ditched the Brooke’s saddle I bet I could tell the difference. 

Went on my first ride today on some mixed road and gravel;  bike performed great, no issues.  Need to dial in some seat positions but otherwise it’s going to be a nice bike.  I wasn’t really going for the cheapest option or the lightest weight, so I didn’t really keep track of any of that info during the build. 

13/10 on dealing with ICAN, would repeat again.