Author Topic: BXT-Gravel-135  (Read 2078 times)

impmonkey

BXT-Gravel-135
« on: December 29, 2022, 12:19:56 PM »
I ordered this frame as a build for my wife. It will also be used as the main bike on the direct drive trainer in the basement. We ride the same size so this works out well.
Ordered during the 11-11 sale for about 310 USD and just received today. They actually shipped it FedEx, this might be because I complained how long it was taking to ship.
Ordered in the basic white. Assumed they would have had that in stock and ready to go. Took weeks to actually shipped but arrived in 5 days after shipping.
This is actually my 5th Chinese frame bike and the second BXT. The first BXT is a fat bike and has held up well riding it the last couple of winters. I also have a carbonda 696 gravel and 936 mtb. Also have a SPCycle hardtail that gets minimal use :)
Initial impressions are so-so. There are a few spots where the body line doesn't look perfect under the paint, the paint is ok, nothing to write home about, the fork front is really rather oddly shaped and a few bolts in the back are to long to properly insert.
Now I know this is a cheap frame so some of this is to be expected. The actual carbon work looks good so I have faith.

This bike will be getting built up with the 1x11 hydro sram setup from by 696 as that is getting an axs setup. I have most parts but am waiting on a few things so I expect to have it fully done in a month or so.

BXT-Gravel-135 (Ali)
Kocevlo Gravel Carbon Integrated Handlebars (Ali)
SRAM Rival 1x11 Shifters and brakes (Takeoffs)
SRAM 10-42T Cassette (Take off)
Prime Baroudeur Road Disc Wheelset (Wiggle.com)
Panaracer GravelKing SK 38c
Zeroing Road Crank w/ 40T (Ali)
TOSEEK Carbon Seatpost (Ali)
zRace Centerlock 160mm Rotors
Brown Carbon Seat (Ali)
Brown SuperCaz Bar Tape

Will be applying some decals and paint protection film before starting the build as well.
This will be the first fully integrated cabling build I have done so I look forward to the swearing and frustration!

impmonkey

Re: BXT-Gravel-135
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 06:49:43 PM »
Got the decals and half the 3m wrap on.
Rest of the parts will be in next week.

jonathanf2

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 09:42:11 PM »
Looks good for the price. I sort of wish I bought this frame when it was on sale, but I was in the middle of another build. Maybe next sale I'll consider picking one up!

00Garza

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 12:18:11 PM »
Nice work with the decals. Looks really good!

impmonkey

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 04:38:07 PM »
Got it mostly built up.
The cable routing through the frame was a piece of cake minus the handlebar, that however is not its fault as that is from another manufacture. The exit of the bar is far to angled to allow proper shifting. Ultimately had to cut a relief channel. Hoping the bar it self holds up.
Other than that build was smooth.
I am waiting on some longer tubeless valves as the ones Prime included with the wheel are to short for a pump to actually attach to.
Once I get those setup I hope to actually get out on a shakedown ride but the weather will dictate that.

carbonazza

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 12:14:23 PM »
Nice bike !
These tires will always look clean  ;)

jonathanf2

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 01:22:43 PM »
Got it mostly built up.
The cable routing through the frame was a piece of cake minus the handlebar, that however is not its fault as that is from another manufacture. The exit of the bar is far to angled to allow proper shifting. Ultimately had to cut a relief channel. Hoping the bar it self holds up.
Other than that build was smooth.
I am waiting on some longer tubeless valves as the ones Prime included with the wheel are to short for a pump to actually attach to.
Once I get those setup I hope to actually get out on a shakedown ride but the weather will dictate that.

Your bike looks so sick! Congrats on the build!

hagerd

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 05:04:02 PM »
where did you get your decals?

impmonkey

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 05:49:48 PM »
Decals are ebay specials.

jonathanf2

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2023, 12:38:21 PM »
How's the frame holding up so far? I think I'm going to get this frame and build it up more as a heavy duty road bike (regular slicks instead of gravel tires). Also I'm curious on weight? BXT frameset weights seem a bit heavier than other gravel carbon frames, so I'm trying to get a ballpark weight once fully built. I'm just waiting for another sale to pop-up on AliExpress!