Author Topic: 27.5, full suspension XC "race" geometry options?  (Read 1485 times)

Crash217

27.5, full suspension XC "race" geometry options?
« on: January 23, 2023, 03:24:13 PM »
Has anyone seen any good options for a carbon or aluminum XC race frame that supports 27.5 wheels, 100-ishmm suspension travel front and rear?

Had the opportunity to ride a short track event this past weekend in back to back events on my 2014 Stumpjumper 27.5 w/ 150mm travel and my Kona Rove gravel bike and even with the handful of technical uphills and downhills I was quicker on the Kona although not as comfortable.   Confirmed my suspicions that the Stumpy (which was built for enduro racing by the original owner) is complete overkill for the majority of riding I do.   I'm not hucking any big jumps or barreling down long rocky hills.  Most of the trails around here are pretty smooth or so slow/techy that I don't use that much suspension.     

Hoping to find something I can mount most of the existing bits onto.  The fork can be shortened,  I don't think the shocks yoke and length can be changed though. 

I rode a more modern slack designed full suspension trail bike and really didn't like how it handled.  Super biased for descents and didn't give much confidence in the turns.  I think something sharper handling with less travel is the ticket for me.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 03:26:48 PM by Crash217 »