Author Topic: Another Seaboard GR02  (Read 5148 times)

00Garza

Re: Another Seaboard GR02
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2023, 04:19:11 PM »
I just ordered this frame for a cheap commuter build using a bunch of parts I have lying around. Only $375 including tax and shipping (to the US) thanks to the 11/11 deals.

$274 shipped from this seller!!!!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804983820581.html

jannmayer

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2023, 12:39:17 AM »
I saw that but was a bit hesitant because they have only a 91.8% review, and it dropped a bit over the last few weeks. Plus they didn't have the orange color that I wanted.

00Garza

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2023, 09:12:13 AM »
I saw that but was a bit hesitant because they have only a 91.8% review, and it dropped a bit over the last few weeks. Plus they didn't have the orange color that I wanted.

Oooh. Hadn't seen the new colors. That orange is nice.

jannmayer

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2023, 12:30:45 AM »
My frame arrived yesterday - exactly one month to California. It looks great - I love the orange, especially in the sun. The paint is really good, only a couple of very minor blemished (a couple flecks of dust, a little bit light on the inside of the dropouts) but overall very smooth and even. The welds look nice too.

My XL/56 frame weighs 1976 g, including the headset, axle, and bottle cage bolts. The fork is 501 g including the axle. This is only about 320 g heavier than my Carbonda CFR707, although that included bolts for all of the mount holes. (The Seaboard only has bolts in the two bottle cage mounts on the inside of the triangle.)

It will take me a while to build it up given all that's going on this time of year but I will post pictures when I do. It's a budget build with parts I had and cheap eBay and AliExpress finds.

jannmayer

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2023, 12:43:59 AM »
I checked the tire clearance today. I have WTB Byways in 700x44 that measure about 43 mm wide on my rims. There is about 8 mm clearance on the front but only 4-5 mm on the rear. The chainstays are the tight spot. I'm mostly going to be commuting on paved roads, so no mud concerns, but I'd go a hair smaller if mud was a possibility.

jannmayer

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2024, 03:01:37 AM »

I finally completed my Seaboard GR02. I built it up as a cheap commuter using parts from eBay, AliExpress, my parts bin, and hand-me-downs from upgrading my road and gravel bikes. This was an incredibly easy frame to build up. No issues with alignment, and cable routing was simple, even without any guides.

It's 1x11 with a 40T ring and 11-34 cassette. That's not much of a gear range, but it's about the same as the gear range I use currently on my commute. (I already had the cassette.)

Without pedals, it came out to 21.6 lb / 9.79 kg. I spent a little over $600 building it up.

The Sensah brifters shift pretty well when pared with a Shimano 105 derailleur. I'm not enamored with the Sensah ergonomics because it I have to be more deliberate when shifting to a larger cog than I do with my Shimano drivetrains, but it works.

Brifters: Sensah SRX Pro
Derailleur: Shimano 105 R7000 GS
Cassette: Shimano 11-34
Cranks: Shimano GRX FC-RX600, 40T
Brakes: Tektro MD-C550
Wheels: DT Swiss E1850 Spline
Tires: WTB Byway, 700x44 (currently tubed)
Saddle: WTB SL8 Comp
Seatpost: Carbonda (from my CFR707)
Handlebar: Easton EA700AX, 42cm, 16 deg flare
Stem: UNO 110mm
Tape: Blackburn thick EVA covered with Rocktape kinesiology tape (Experiment - I had this lying around. I Like the feel better than the Blackburn tape, but I'm not sure how it will hold up. I commute without gloves.)

mirphak

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2024, 02:10:39 PM »
That is actually a very nice looking frame and a really good looking build ! congrats and enjoy it !

bichler.bua

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2024, 02:09:29 AM »
Congrats, efficient and nice looking build. Curious how the EVA bar & kinesiology tape will hold up.
I have been considering something similar myself, not being a particular fan of the grip & feel of most EVA tapes.
Personally I would prefer a thinner solution - comparable to the SRAM Super Suede, but at Chinercost...

jannmayer

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2024, 11:39:52 PM »
Congrats, efficient and nice looking build. Curious how the EVA bar & kinesiology tape will hold up.
I have been considering something similar myself, not being a particular fan of the grip & feel of most EVA tapes.
Personally I would prefer a thinner solution - comparable to the SRAM Super Suede, but at Chinercost...

So far the kinesiology tape is holding up, although I only have about 90 miles on it. (Half with gloves, half without) It is a bit dirty though. Maybe it's the color, but it does seem to hold and show dirt more than most other tapes. It does feel nice though.

jannmayer

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2024, 11:47:25 PM »
I'm really enjoying this bike. I built it up as a commuter but I've taken it on a few of the local dirt roads. I also brough it along on a trip to Las Vegas and rode the bike path from Boulder City down to the Hoover Dam. It handles really well. It feels much more like a road bike than my Carbonda 707, although the 707 is far better on rougher trails. The Seaboard would be a great frame for an all-road / light gravel build.

Bigbobby1482

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2024, 03:43:52 PM »
 I've recently build up my seaboard gr02, in the special Blue/Purple glitter color way they have. Tbh the color is a bit too much for be, but oh well. This will be my main commuter, do any of you happen to have found fitting mudguards for the rainy days?

https://imgur.com/a/nDHRAqR

Build specs:

9.2 Kg
Cockpit: canyon h18 and stem (Had as spare, used an adaptor for 1 1/4 to 1 1/8)
Bartape: Og-evkin (Actually feels really good, paid 8 usd)
Wheels: Koozer cx1800 (Build seems pretty impressive for the price)
Tires: GP Urban 35C
Groupset: Sensah Team pro shifters, 105 r7000 rear derailleur, Shimano Cues u6000 42t Crankset
Brakes: Illpro flatmount semi-hydraulic, 160 illpro disc rear, sram centerline 180 in the front
Seatpost: Tooseek super light
Saddle: Ryet ultimate full carbon eva finish (Only 110 gram, and feels really comfy)
Others: 105 cassette, dura-ace 11 speed chain (Acutally bought a kmc chain from ali, but turned out to be a fake :/ )

Overall really happy with this frame

00Garza

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2024, 10:19:11 AM »
I've recently build up my seaboard gr02, in the special Blue/Purple glitter color way they have. Tbh the color is a bit too much for be, but oh well. This will be my main commuter, do any of you happen to have found fitting mudguards for the rainy days?

https://imgur.com/a/nDHRAqR

Build specs:

9.2 Kg
Cockpit: canyon h18 and stem (Had as spare, used an adaptor for 1 1/4 to 1 1/8)
Bartape: Og-evkin (Actually feels really good, paid 8 usd)
Wheels: Koozer cx1800 (Build seems pretty impressive for the price)
Tires: GP Urban 35C
Groupset: Sensah Team pro shifters, 105 r7000 rear derailleur, Shimano Cues u6000 42t Crankset
Brakes: Illpro flatmount semi-hydraulic, 160 illpro disc rear, sram centerline 180 in the front
Seatpost: Tooseek super light
Saddle: Ryet ultimate full carbon eva finish (Only 110 gram, and feels really comfy)
Others: 105 cassette, dura-ace 11 speed chain (Acutally bought a kmc chain from ali, but turned out to be a fake :/ )

Overall really happy with this frame

Nice looking build. Curious to hear how those Koozer wheels hold up over time.