Author Topic: LightCarbon LCG010-D Anyone have one?  (Read 811 times)

jefflinde

LightCarbon LCG010-D Anyone have one?
« on: March 09, 2023, 10:39:04 AM »
Looking at going to this frame from a Flyxii 806 cross frame.  looking for something with a bit more stack but curious about the tire clearance on the LCG010.  If anyone has one i would love to hear what tires you are running and what the clearances on the frame would be great.  TYIA

svanimpe

Re: LightCarbon LCG010-D Anyone have one?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 01:14:20 PM »
I rode this frame for about 2 years. I used 36mm tyres, with fenders, so there's plenty of clearance.

This is quite an old frame by now, but I was happy with it, and can recommend it. I only sold it because I regretted getting a matte black one, and I wanted something with more color :D

numberzero

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 03:07:59 AM »
Hi, with 40mm tufo i have less than 5mm between tire and chainstay. I already used a 43mm gravelking sk but without any margin for bend wheel or broken spoke.

In the fork you can go up to 45mm tire more easily.

jefflinde

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 10:19:37 AM »
thank you both for your responses.  my main goal is to clear a 40mm tire with no fenders.  I don't ride much mud so tighter clearances are fine.  I like this frame because it has cable routing outside the headset and a regular 27.5 seat post.  not as pretty but easier for me to tinker with. ;D.

thank you again.

svanimpe

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 04:11:31 PM »
It also has tubes molded into the frame and fork for the hydraulic hoses, so you can just stick the hose in on one side, and it will come out the other, without the need for cable routing tools or placeholder tubes.

jefflinde

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 05:59:05 PM »
It also has tubes molded into the frame and fork for the hydraulic hoses, so you can just stick the hose in on one side, and it will come out the other, without the need for cable routing tools or placeholder tubes.

Oh hell yeah!!  I love when they do that.  No farting around with the foam tubing either.  God I wish that was a law for all frame manufacturers.   Thank hat makes me so happy!!!!

coffeebreak

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 08:55:32 PM »
That is honestly an incredibly useful feature. They should do it for those darn ICR handlebars too, now.