Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

MTB Shoes from Aliexpress

(1/1)

Tijoe:
Input wanted regarding mountain bikes shoes being sold on Aliexpress.

A couple years ago, I purchased a pair of mtb. shoes that use SPD cleats via Aliexpress.  The shoes fit fine and have done a good job to date, but the plastic sole is so hard of a plastic that I can't walk on the shoes or get traction on smooth surfaces.  Walking on snow covered ice is nearly impossible.

Therefore I am looking for input regarding a pair of mtb shoes from Aliexpress that have softer soles, (don't have to be flat)  fit SPD cleats, and can be walked on.  There are several different mtb. shoes I have in my cart, but I am looking for input from others who have purchased mtb shoes sold via Chinertown.

Pedaldancer:
I don't know if SPD shoes can meet the goal. Walking on snow covered ice ...  you always have to pay with less flexibility in the sole, when you want more efficient pedaling.

If you look for a bit softer rubber parts, yes there are differences.
I have boodun SPD shoes. I like them. They provide atop lacing and I use them for commuting..i have no issues with slipping when I walk.
But i bought them -- my model came with nylon sole and 2 atop knobs -- for roughly 55$,  since then they increased their prices a lot. I wouldn't buy them now. Good shoes but it's possible to get similar quality in sales here.

I own a pair of Santic Road shoes. The small rubber patch on the heel is very slippery. I don't know if this is the same for Santic SPD shoes. Besides that, very good shoes, I am impressed.

I tried a pair last summer which was around 40- 45$... because they looked so nice..i don't know the brand name but they are sold in a bunch of shops and have a noname lacing system.. those shoes were trash.  The sole was so soft, that the cleats under the shoe were very uncomfortable.. don't recommend them. "Luckily" they were so low level that one of the threads was already destroyed when I tried to fix the SPD plates in the shoe, I got my money back from Ali .. (they were combi shoes and the SPD plates were rattling when the SPD SL cleats were mounted).

bremerradkurier:
I have an order on the way for these, ironically as a replacement for 20 year old Sidi Dominators with super hard plastic soles that got brittle and broke off.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800832860200.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.23.21ef18022qCNPC&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: bremerradkurier on March 10, 2023, 10:31:21 AM ---I have an order on the way for these, ironically as a replacement for 20 year old Sidi Dominators with super hard plastic soles that got brittle and broke off.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800832860200.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.23.21ef18022qCNPC&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

--- End quote ---

Looking forward to your feedback !

Tijoe:

--- Quote from: bremerradkurier on March 10, 2023, 10:31:21 AM ---I have an order on the way for these, ironically as a replacement for 20 year old Sidi Dominators with super hard plastic soles that got brittle and broke off.

--- End quote ---
This is the brand of shoes I am wearing now.  They are comfortable, but the sole is such hard plastic.  I like them for rides I don't have to get off the bike much, but walking on rocky, or smooth or on slopes is often difficult.  Also, the area where my SPD cleats mount is not as rigid and flexes some under heavy load.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version