Author Topic: Are AliEx/open mold carbon bikes common in your area?  (Read 6084 times)

Schumo

Re: Are AliEx/open mold carbon bikes common in your area?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2023, 07:59:38 AM »
I think I haven't seen any other Chiner bike in wild, neither on- or offroad, besides my friend who owns a Carbonda and a Velobuild.

The "normie" is scared of Carbon, especially if it's off AliX / directly from China and gets some massive overtraveled EMTB through a company bike lease scheme.

carbonazza

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2023, 04:50:37 PM »
Yeah, plenty ... that I've helped to build  obviously ::) in the various clubs I ride with! By word of mouth.
And now they are making kids too.
Some see the bikes, talk to the owner, get convinced, and build one by themselves, especially if the builder has a good presence on Youtube, like Winspace, Trifox, Yoeleo,... These are overpriced stickers to me, but it gives them more confidence to jump.

s3si1u

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2023, 03:31:55 AM »
Just saw my first open mold out in the wild today here in Southern California :P
I was driving to pick up a pizza and saw a guy on what looked like an SL7 inspired frame. VB 168, TFSA or something like that, definitely an open mold.
Instagram: @aerosloth

jonathanf2

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2023, 10:47:48 AM »
Just saw my first open mold out in the wild today here in Southern California :P
I was driving to pick up a pizza and saw a guy on what looked like an SL7 inspired frame. VB 168, TFSA or something like that, definitely an open mold.

Sure it wasn't me? Lol
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 10:54:49 AM by jonathanf2 »

s3si1u

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2023, 11:15:42 AM »
Sure it wasn't me? Lol

White frame with black fork?

jonathanf2

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2023, 04:28:35 PM »
White frame with black fork?

Naw all my frames are black. I ride in the LA area. You'll most likely see me at Griffith Park or cruising the LA River trail when doing road.

s3si1u

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2023, 02:29:20 PM »
Naw all my frames are black. I ride in the LA area. You'll most likely see me at Griffith Park or cruising the LA River trail when doing road.

ah yeah I'm in Southern California but the opposite end of the LA area. Never ridden the LA River but occasionally ride San Gabriel.

Sebastian

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2023, 03:30:19 AM »
Pretty uncommon in my area of Germany. Though the more premium options like Winspace and Seka are picking up. I did a 400k event this summer and I was one of two guys on open mold frames. And I got a lot of questions about it.

Mind you I finished top 20 so the bike clearly didn’t slow me down.

PLA

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2023, 09:14:07 AM »
Never seen one where I am
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

MattL

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2023, 08:02:00 AM »
Not quite common but i've seen two "microbrands" selling gravel bikes with Carbonda/SpCycle frames, nothing wrong with this, the problem is they're labelling them as "Made in Italy"  :-X

Dark17

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2023, 09:58:51 AM »
In a way, it's famous here in the Philippines because I see a lot of branded open mold frames such as Elves, Winspace. We also have some local brands which is for sure are open mold frames such as Devel, RSID, Ecnal and many more. Tho I see some bikes that is like straight from AliEx (afaik I spotted 3 in the wild so far) because we have our own local version of AliExpress which is Lazada and some brands such as Lexon, BXT, Carbomania are selling frames there.

And then there's carbon brands like Sagmit, Mountainpeak, Java, Twitter and Kespor.

I also saw a Pardus bike in the wild.

rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

jonathanf2

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2024, 12:21:12 PM »
In a way, it's famous here in the Philippines because I see a lot of branded open mold frames such as Elves, Winspace. We also have some local brands which is for sure are open mold frames such as Devel, RSID, Ecnal and many more. Tho I see some bikes that is like straight from AliEx (afaik I spotted 3 in the wild so far) because we have our own local version of AliExpress which is Lazada and some brands such as Lexon, BXT, Carbomania are selling frames there.

And then there's carbon brands like Sagmit, Mountainpeak, Java, Twitter and Kespor.

I also saw a Pardus bike in the wild.

What's your opinion of the Ave Maldea steel frames from the Philippines?