Author Topic: Need help selecting rear derailleur cage and cassette  (Read 351 times)

Flying Trunk Monkey

Need help selecting rear derailleur cage and cassette
« on: March 11, 2023, 09:27:59 PM »
Hi all,

I've finally settled on the specs on a friction shifted 2X mut of drivetrain for my do all bikepacking/commuter/gravel rig but I could use some help on a couple of key pieces.

Rear derailleur
I have a medium cage (GS) Shimano M8000 RD. I need the long cage version in order to make full use of its 47t capacity. I'm aware that I can buy the Shimano cage halves separately but I was wondering if there are some aftermarket options available. I'm aware of Garbaruk's offerings as well as the knock offs but Garbaruk specifically states that their cages are for 1x use only. I'm really hoping to find something with color options (purple would be great), an oversized pulley and, of course, 2x compatible.

Cassette:
10-42 Can be 10 speed or 11 speed. Would really like to find a microspline option as that is what I have and an XD driver for my I9 Hydra hub is $$. As far as XD goes, I do know Sram makes the 11s XG-1150 (396g and approx. $85). I thought I recently saw a Sram 10s 10-42 option but, if that is the case, I can't seem to find it now.

Any help?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 06:26:25 AM by Flying Trunk Monkey »