Author Topic: 3D Printed Saddles  (Read 10303 times)

jonathanf2

Re: 3D Printed Saddles
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2023, 08:01:16 PM »
I just received this newer 3D printed saddle from the Lexon store. First impressions is that it's a slightly more refined version of the original Ryet/Lexon 3D saddle they first had on sale. Edges are more round, saddle length is a bit longer, the 3D mesh material is both softer and has more coverage around the the carbon fiber shell. The rails and saddle shell are sturdy. I've opted to put this saddle on my gravel bike. I'll report back on comfort once I've had a chance to do a ride.

jonathanf2

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2023, 02:13:27 PM »
Some photos of this particular 150g Ryet / Carbon Works saddle.

BalticSea

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2023, 02:41:16 PM »
It seems like there are 3 new Ryet saddles in total: T50 that is seen in the photos above, X6 and X7p. Not a fan of how X7p looks like, starts out nice and narrow, but then goes full triangle mode and gets real wide real fast. T50 looks nice and solid all around, although the pressure relief channel is bit narrow. X6 has similar shape to T50, but has wider relief channel and different looking mesh (not sure how it affects comfort). I kinda want to buy X6, but gotta see how comfortable is that different looking mesh. One interesting point across all three saddles is that they are advertising 1cm extra rail length.

T50: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005843482948.html
X6: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005871294163.html
X7p: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005871242590.html
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 02:45:27 PM by BalticSea »

s3si1u

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2023, 01:10:07 AM »
Anyone tried this one? I like the dimensions and that is is fairly flat, I don't like saddles like specislized power as they push me too much of the saddle to thw front. Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! 280,70zł  51%OFF | RYET Carbon 3D Printed Saddle Ultralight Bicycle Seating Cushion For Men Women Saddles Road MTB Mountain Gravel Cycling Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EvT0UFh

I have this saddle. I just wanted to try out the 3D printed saddle game and ordered this one as it looked cool, it's very lightweight and the price is good. It weighs 147g on my scale. Very nice build quality and it looks like it cost much more than $50. They definitely feel different, it takes some getting used to and I still feel myself readjusting a lot during the ride. Only a couple rides so far (~40 miles) but I think my ass likes my Velobuild SMP copy better. Time will tell, I'll keep riding it for a bit for sure.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 01:54:42 AM by s3si1u »
Instagram: @aerosloth

jonathanf2

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2023, 10:09:21 AM »
This week where I live, we were hitting 37-38c temps (100 degrees) and the benefits of 3D saddles in the heat makes a huge difference. I can't go back to a standard saddle now, because you can literally feel your ass heat up, as if it were an egg on a pan. 3D printed saddles in direct heat have a big advantage in that they just stay cool. If I lived anywhere near the 36th parallel, I would highly recommend going with 3D printed saddles, especially with the prices and options available through AliEx.

kubackje

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2023, 05:04:59 PM »
I'll report back on comfort once I've had a chance to do a ride.

How is the saddle doing mate?

jonathanf2

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2023, 11:05:56 PM »
How is the saddle doing mate?

Today I did about 33 miles /53 km on my gravel bike w/the T50 saddle on mixed surface conditions. I like it better than the original Ryet 3D mesh saddle they first had on sale. It's still a bit stiff as far as carbon saddles go, but it wasn't uncomfortable. The rounder profile, slightly wider mesh coverage and softer cushioning were all noticeable on the ride. I also like the slightly narrower and longer shape.

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2023, 05:46:08 AM »
Just got my RYET "Aircode" (who tf named this thing?) in the mail.

The level of comfort was almost a religious experience.
That being said the only saddle I've ridden on before was a raw carbon non-padded one
Somehow i've managed to complete gran fondos before on it just fine, but never occurred to me that I probably shouldn't have felt every hairline crack on the road through my spine hahaha.
So take my review with a grain of salt  :D

bremerradkurier

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2023, 09:00:53 AM »
Do these let water through and avoid the misery of riding with a wet saddle?

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2023, 11:49:37 AM »
I got the Power Mirror clone mounted and did a few rides. It’s not great. It looks exactly like the Power Mirror and shares the same dimensions, but they got the firmness completely wrong. The actual Power Mirror is firm in the back where the sit bones are and softer up front near “the goods.” This one is switched. The back area has the density of a used sponge and is basically useless. Meanwhile the front 3D material is rock hard and doesn’t cushion at all. So you sink in at the rear and it almost angles up to the front. Not to mention the rails are oddly placed and the entire saddle angles up towards the front pretty aggressively. It was difficult to even get a flat saddle angle. All in all it’s a for sure loser in my book.

I’d avoid for sure.

jonathanf2

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2023, 12:28:06 PM »
Do these let water through and avoid the misery of riding with a wet saddle?

I don't ride in the rain, but I was able to use a blower and vacuum to get random stuff that got stuck in the mesh. Though I don't think it'd be a good idea to cake it with mud, lay it in dog poop or stick a piece of used gum in there!

kubackje

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2023, 03:34:55 AM »
It seems like there are 3 new Ryet saddles in total: T50 that is seen in the photos above, X6 and X7p. Not a fan of how X7p looks like, starts out nice and narrow, but then goes full triangle mode and gets real wide real fast. T50 looks nice and solid all around, although the pressure relief channel is bit narrow. X6 has similar shape to T50, but has wider relief channel and different looking mesh (not sure how it affects comfort). I kinda want to buy X6, but gotta see how comfortable is that different looking mesh. One interesting point across all three saddles is that they are advertising 1cm extra rail length.

T50: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005843482948.html
X6: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005871294163.html
X7p: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005871242590.html

I just received the X6 saddle and WOW. That's the best saddle I've ever used. It is super comfortable, it is almost flat and the length is great sitting in between short 24cm and long 28cm saddles. Just perfect for me.

I don't know what is the exact difference between the T50 but from what I assume the X6 has to be more comfortable with thicker padding. Because it weight 20g more and the only thing that is different is the 3d mesh. The base is the same.
Also when You look to the description it say road/mtb in the usage section, opposed to only road in the T50.

Based on this I think X6 is more comfortable. Tbh when I ordered I did not even notice that those 2 differ. I am using X6 for my road bike, but I think I will order one for my gravel bike asweel. I am a little tempted to try the T50, but on the other hand why choose other one if this one is so good. Especially that I have a collection of saddles I don't use in my closet and don't need more. And those aliexpress saddles are rather hard to sell, like ie the ryet premium superlight saddle which was just to hard for me.

Edit: after few longer rides I gotta change my opinion on the saddle. The padding on longer rides starts to hurt and rubs te contact points which causes pain :/
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 09:50:18 AM by kubackjeee »

adroitrider

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2023, 08:08:00 AM »
Got the 155 Specialized Power Pro Mirror clone off Ali for $90 shipped.

Looks very similar, difference is carbon rails on the Ali one vs Ti from Spesh. Ali version is lighter.

Need to install it and get feedback from wife…

wfl3

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2023, 12:48:27 PM »

Edit: after few longer rides I gotta change my opinion on the saddle. The padding on longer rides starts to hurt and rubs te contact points which causes pain :/

That's what I found with the ryet aircode as well.

Now I'm looking for something more like the Specialized Romin Mirror in 140mm-143mm width.   

kubackje

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2023, 04:09:02 AM »
That's what I found with the ryet aircode as well.

Now I'm looking for something more like the Specialized Romin Mirror in 140mm-143mm width.

I think the only legit Chinese 3d printed saddles are the ones from West Biking. But they're not cheap.