Author Topic: "The One" Aero Carbon Handlebar Experience  (Read 2524 times)

St0mpB0x

"The One" Aero Carbon Handlebar Experience
« on: April 12, 2023, 03:26:51 AM »
Hi All,

I'm interested in purchasing "The One" Aero Carbon Handlebars. Does anyone have any experience with them or maybe can comment on the store seller at least?

Cheers

svanimpe

Re: "The One" Aero Carbon Handlebar Experience
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 07:15:10 AM »
Same here. I'm interested in them because of the very low reach, but I only see two stores selling them, and they cost almost as much as western brands.

ghiabici

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 10:19:42 AM »
Yes - although I've only used the unbranded Fire Spider RTB-07 (which is the same bar, just unbranded and made by the same factory that sells Toseek bars).

Very nice bars. Feel premium. Look beautiful.

I can't comment on stiffness and things like that because I don't really load up the bars that much when riding. But they don't flex or wobble in a concerning way so far.

Wall thickness looked pretty even and they aren't the most difficult to route.

St0mpB0x

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 10:02:16 PM »
Good tip on the Fire Spider equivalent!

At the currnet price the only comparable bar I have been able to find, pricewise, in Western brands would be Wiggle's house brand bars. At their full listed price The One bars are a different price proprosition though.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 07:03:01 PM »
There are several versions of the handlebar available.. "the one"is probably not "the one" if you take it serious.

I have if in the 1 1/8" style with classic routing. But meanwhile it got incredibly expensive. I took it because it was available on 380mm-80mm size, which is very rare. It is more on the stiff side. The design is nice, I like it.
But for today's price I would look for another one probably...

svanimpe

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2023, 04:35:50 AM »
Does anyone know how wide the clamping area is on the handlebar-only version? I've tried asking the seller (ThinkRider), but they have no idea what I'm asking and I'm getting nonsensical responses (I assume the automatic translation is off).

BerndSon

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2023, 03:27:04 PM »
Good tip on the Fire Spider equivalent!

At the currnet price the only comparable bar I have been able to find, pricewise, in Western brands would be Wiggle's house brand bars. At their full listed price The One bars are a different price proprosition though.

i just bought the "RTB07" from Tupai Dongguan Sports on Alibaba (not ali express). Buying process was probably the best experience on the chinese market ever! Outstanding even though i made it a bit trickier than usual ;) After chatting a bit with the companys representative, he confirmed to me that his company is the OEM of the One Pro handlebar and and the RTB07 is the identical unbranded version. I fully trust him!  Price is barely 100USD and they shipped within one day. I will get mine next week and report as soon as i could test it.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600457733782/T1000-Carbon-Bike-Handlebar-Fully-Internal.html?__sceneInfo=%7B%22cacheTime%22%3A%221800000%22%2C%22type%22%3A%22appDetailShare%22%7D&from=Android
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 03:32:17 PM by BerndSon »

ghiabici

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 09:22:03 PM »
There are several versions of the handlebar available.. "the one"is probably not "the one" if you take it serious.

I have if in the 1 1/8" style with classic routing. But meanwhile it got incredibly expensive. I took it because it was available on 380mm-80mm size, which is very rare. It is more on the stiff side. The design is nice, I like it.
But for today's price I would look for another one probably...

There's two version I think. One with the stem bolts like you have, and a later version with a stem wedge.

But I agree with you, the prices for a Chinese no name handlebar are ridiculous! I don't know if it's hype, or price gouging off the back of the likes of the Farsports F1, but I really don't see it worth the price it is sometimes listed for.

zaphodbeeblebrox

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 11:53:57 PM »
I picked up this version: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804850391917.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.21.47fb1802CvjxaJ&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Also chose them because of the 380-80mm size. With the cap and bolt my set was 380g. Only rode a quick few KMs with no tape to test them out so far. Much better fit for me, they seem pretty solid. Finish was only ok I'd say. Lots of sharp edges on the inside that I filed down. I also had to dremel/sand down the steerer opening slightly because it was extremely tight on my velobuild 099 fork. Installation with a mechanical groupset was really tricky, but it seems all integrated handlebars are like that. 2 cables are easy to route through, but pushing an extra cable through the exit is incredibly difficult because of the internal shape. My aliexpress internal cable routing kit was invaluable to be able to yank up on the housing with the cable inside. I'm happy with them so far, especially for only 100$.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2023, 06:00:14 AM »
There's two version I think. One with the stem bolts like you have, and a later version with a stem wedge.

But I agree with you, the prices for a Chinese no name handlebar are ridiculous! I don't know if it's hype, or price gouging off the back of the likes of the Farsports F1, but I really don't see it worth the price it is sometimes listed for.

Hmmm... well when I bought it for 120$ .. there was an OD1 version and an OD2 version , both with classic routing. I think there were also different angle versions 2 years ago.
Now there's the internal one and also the handlebar without stem.

At least 4  ;D
Personally i like the design of the painting. It's very elegant,  and not so "loud" telling everybody that it's a handlebar from company whatever.  For example I don't like the design of Zipp wheels.. it's just to aggressive.

St0mpB0x

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2023, 04:55:52 AM »
Does anyone know how wide the clamping area is on the handlebar-only version? I've tried asking the seller (ThinkRider), but they have no idea what I'm asking and I'm getting nonsensical responses (I assume the automatic translation is off).

Probably these are the dimensions you are after. This is from the alibaba equivalent (I think).

svanimpe

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2023, 09:21:03 AM »
Thanks. Do you have a link to Alibaba?

svanimpe

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2023, 02:47:32 PM »
This appears to be the same as "The One", but unbranded?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004065727692.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 02:34:49 AM by svanimpe »

St0mpB0x

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2023, 09:45:56 PM »
Link Here.

some guy

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2023, 12:35:22 PM »
i bought a unbranded one (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005278950651.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef5c5f5wzZEX&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu). but the wall thickness is not even, it ranges between 2 to 3,5mm when measured at the bar ends. also there a some wrinkles visible on the inside. not quite sure if i should use them.