Author Topic: Thoughts on Panda Podium?  (Read 4911 times)

Tines

Re: Thoughts on Panda Podium?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2023, 02:21:57 PM »
My guess would be faster shipping/communications, and hopefully better warranty/customer support.
By whom? Magene directly via Ali?

Froglover825

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 10:33:51 PM »
I don't see panda podium having much use for people who have already managed to find this forum, it is more so for the boomer freds who are too afraid to buy off aliexpress.

raisinberry777

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2023, 10:44:20 PM »
I bought a Magene PES from there as it was cheaper than doing so from AliExpress (particularly considering that AliExpress has 10% GST added on top for Australia whereas Panda Podium does not).

Transaction was easy and postage was quick - about 2 weeks to regional Australia.

Froglover825

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2023, 12:03:21 AM »
I bought a Magene PES from there as it was cheaper than doing so from AliExpress (particularly considering that AliExpress has 10% GST added on top for Australia whereas Panda Podium does not).

Transaction was easy and postage was quick - about 2 weeks to regional Australia.
I just checked the price of my magene p325 cs dual pm and it came out to $663.66 aud including gst+shipping, panda came out to $480 usd which is $755 aud, I guess I bought it when it was on sale? Right now AE is expensive since they have their 11/11 sale coming up so they jacked up all the prices.
Keep in mind in Australia we have cashrewards that has 4.5% cashback on aliexpress so i got $29.8647 back so the true cost was 633.7953

raisinberry777

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2023, 02:16:49 AM »
I just checked the price of my magene p325 cs dual pm and it came out to $663.66 aud including gst+shipping, panda came out to $480 usd which is $755 aud, I guess I bought it when it was on sale? Right now AE is expensive since they have their 11/11 sale coming up so they jacked up all the prices.
Keep in mind in Australia we have cashrewards that has 4.5% cashback on aliexpress so i got $29.8647 back so the true cost was 633.7953

The price difference is dependent on the product. Right now the Magene PES the same price (before GST) on both the Magene store on AliExpress and PandaPodium ($299 USD) - so it makes more sense for me to buy on PandaPodium. To be frank, I have more faith in after sale support from PandaPodium judging by Joe's activity on WeightWeenies regarding the CRW wheels - I expect (and generally receive) absolutely zero from any AliExpress seller - even the so called 'official' stores.

Obviously there's a limit to how much extra I'd pay for good customer support, but for a high-end product I can see the sense in paying a little bit extra if it's backed up with good support.

Oh - and good point with CashRewards. I keep forgetting that I can use CR for AliExpress!

Froglover825

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2023, 09:08:06 PM »
The price difference is dependent on the product. Right now the Magene PES the same price (before GST) on both the Magene store on AliExpress and PandaPodium ($299 USD) - so it makes more sense for me to buy on PandaPodium. To be frank, I have more faith in after sale support from PandaPodium judging by Joe's activity on WeightWeenies regarding the CRW wheels - I expect (and generally receive) absolutely zero from any AliExpress seller - even the so called 'official' stores.

Obviously there's a limit to how much extra I'd pay for good customer support, but for a high-end product I can see the sense in paying a little bit extra if it's backed up with good support.

Oh - and good point with CashRewards. I keep forgetting that I can use CR for AliExpress!
Fortunately I've only had one incorrect order after a good 100~ orders on AE, they sent me the wrong model of sunglasses.
I went back and forth with the vendor which went as you can imagine, escalated to AE and they gave me all my money back and I got to keep the sunglasses.