Author Topic: "Bikinge Store" is on my No-purchase from List.  (Read 550 times)

Tijoe

"Bikinge Store" is on my No-purchase from List.
« on: May 11, 2023, 10:43:52 PM »
On March 25th, 2023, I placed an order for a set of the the Wheeltop EDS shifter from an Aliexpress store called "Bikinge StoreJust about a $400 transaction with coupons.    After 2 weeks, the tracking information stated that the package was being returned to the store.   I wrote the seller and asked them what was happening.   They replied that they would mail it to me again once the confirmed that they had received the package back.   2 weeks later, they told me that they had shipped it by UPS.   I asked for the tracking number.  They wrote back, "not to worry, it was shipped".  Every 2 days, I would write asking for confirmation that they had shipped the item to me.   About once a week they would reply with some sort of apology and that I should receive the box soon.  Then they wrote me that I should have received the item.  At day 40, I told them that I wanted a refund or proof that they shipped the item again.   Crickets.   I waited 5 more days then requested a refund from Aliexpress.   Needless to say, Aliexpress has approved a full refund.

Hopefully anyone that reads this will boycott this store.   

My plans for upgrading a second bike to the EDS system has been ruined for spring riding.   Plus, I have to select another seller and spend an additional $30 to $40 to purchase as the current prices.  (Or perhaps wait months until there is another sale.)

TidyDinosaur

Re: "Bikinge Store" is on my No-purchase from List.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 12:20:55 AM »
Yes, that last part is important too. I also ordered some stuff during the last sale for which the seller afterwards could not deliver "Please cancel, not in stock..." And the sales are over and you will have to pay 20-30% more to get the right item from another seller... 

Tijoe

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 11:51:21 AM »
I lucked out.  I ordered another set from a different store last night and the total price was $1.00 less.   Recently mentioned in another thread, it appears that many bike part prices are dropping.  Perhaps it is because shipping costs are back to where they were pre-Covid, and other countries don't have a greedflation policy to take advantage of the consumer like they have done in the USA.

jonathanf2

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 12:19:00 PM »
I've had good luck ordering bike parts from AliExpress, but I've finally hit a shipping issue with a non-bike related order. My daughter has been ordering stuff from AliExpress and she ordered a bag that seems to be stuck in USPS limbo. It appears to have arrived in the US, but it hasn't moved for the last 2 weeks according to USPS tracking.

I've tried getting a refund, but AliExpress is saying to wait it out before getting a refund. Though I'm glad it's a small purchase and not something big like a bike frame! BTW - I ordered some lightweight disc rotors from the Official Onirii store and they sent a picture of my order before shipping. I love it when AliEx sellers do that. It's those little details that make the buying experience much better.

s3si1u

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 06:48:54 PM »
I've had good luck ordering bike parts from AliExpress, but I've finally hit a shipping issue with a non-bike related order. My daughter has been ordering stuff from AliExpress and she ordered a bag that seems to be stuck in USPS limbo. It appears to have arrived in the US, but it hasn't moved for the last 2 weeks according to USPS tracking.

I've tried getting a refund, but AliExpress is saying to wait it out before getting a refund. Though I'm glad it's a small purchase and not something big like a bike frame! BTW - I ordered some lightweight disc rotors from the Official Onirii store and they sent a picture of my order before shipping. I love it when AliEx sellers do that. It's those little details that make the buying experience much better.

I've had both bike and non-bike related orders stuck in USPS limbo for much longer before. Off the top of my head:
- when I ordered a set of The One Pro bars it was stuck at USPS in Chicago for a week or so, then LA for another month.
- a package of trinkets (saddles, RD hangers, etc.) from Velobuild that was wrapped in a very suspicious manner, lol. Also sat with USPS for about a month.
- Had a groupset coming once from another Asian country that was opened and also took forever.

Oddly enough, none of these were AliX purchases ;D but I've had it happen there as well.
Instagram: @aerosloth