Other Resources > After The Ride

Issue with attached images

(1/1)

Takiyaki:
Not sure where to ask- I have an issue where if I open an attached image in a post it shows at full image size, rather than downsized to the window. Is there a setting for this? Drives me nuts.

00Garza:
When uploading photos there’s the option for small, medium, large, or actual size.
I choose large every time and it avoids doing that. I think uploading actual size causes the issue.
So basically it depends on how they uploaded the image. Not much you as the viewer can do about it.

Takiyaki:
Bump, this still drives me crazy.

Ludo:
I haven’t found anything to help, doesn’t look like forum has any auto size function. It’s all down to the uploader to choose correct size

Wet Noodle:
This looks similar on my machines. I found this workaround to kind of lessen the issue: I do NOT left click the thumbnail, but rather open it in a new tab. With most browser, this should just be a middle click on the image instead of a left click ... or its touchpad equivalent if you're on a laptop (2-finger tap on mine).
Yea, it comes at the cost of having to navigate through the image tabs (instead of just scrolling), but at least images are displayed correctly there - auto-resizing to window, zoom in/out available, scrollable when zoomed in ...

Maybe an important note (or not): Left clicking the image in a thread cycles between thumbnail and full-size mode. On my browser (firefox with a myriad of addons), the new image tab will always show the version of the image that was NOT shown in the thread when I middle clicked it - meaning, if I middle click on the thumbnail/preview in the thread, the full image will open in a new tab; if I accidentally already left clicked the thumbnail in the thread (hence cycled to full-image mode in the thread) and then middle click it, only the thumbnail will open in the new tab. I hope that makes sense, it becomes much clearer once you see it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version