Author Topic: Adapt bikes AT-B01  (Read 5559 times)

Vikinos

Adapt bikes AT-B01
« on: May 23, 2023, 01:21:55 AM »
Hi :), does anyone have a experience with the Adapt bikes  (www.adapt-bikes.com). I am particularly interested in the AT-BO1 frame. The price for frame +fork + seat post (without handlebars) is 600USD.
What do you think of it ?

jfcb

Re: Adapt bikes AT-B01
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 04:38:21 AM »
No experience with them, but they do look decent after a quick look at their website and facebook.
Maybe you can ask for the weight of the frame and the type of carbon they use. That could already give an indication of how the frame itself will be.
Do you have a geometry chart as well you can share?
In any case, if you like the frame, I would go for it and you will likely receive a descent frame.

Vikinos

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 09:51:28 AM »
I have contacted the seller already, geometry which they send me is in an attachment. Geometry looks quite aggressive with low stack. They have also aero frame which looks exactly same as Winspace T1500. I wonder where winspace gets its frames from ? I also ask Adapt about carbon type and weight of the frame so i will post an update about it.

Vikinos

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 12:43:32 AM »
Update on the material and weight.
According to Adapt material is mix of: T700 and T800.
weight is 860g (M-size).

Combination of T700 and T800 seems quite unusual to me as many of the chinese manufacturers use T1000, because it is considered to be stiffer ? But i dont have much knowledge about carbon fiber materials. So glad to hear someone's opinion on the T700, T800 mix. 8)

Bonpensiero

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 02:22:16 AM »
I wonder where winspace gets its frames from ?

Afaik Speeder is the OEM for WinSpace.

ricedaddy

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 02:47:08 PM »
Update on the material and weight.
According to Adapt material is mix of: T700 and T800.
weight is 860g (M-size).

Combination of T700 and T800 seems quite unusual to me as many of the chinese manufacturers use T1000, because it is considered to be stiffer ? But i dont have much knowledge about carbon fiber materials. So glad to hear someone's opinion on the T700, T800 mix. 8)

Not necessarily, the winspace T1500 is only T800 according to their website. Also I have a suspicion that sometimes they say its T1000, but it's not entirely accurate. Most rims, even the lightest ones are usually a mix of T700/800. Again, I am no carbon fiber expert either.

Did they mention options for custom paint? Also, shipping costs?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 02:54:33 PM by ricedaddy »

WhityWhite

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 12:07:41 AM »
Hi :), does anyone have a experience with the Adapt bikes  (www.adapt-bikes.com). I am particularly interested in the AT-BO1 frame. The price for frame +fork + seat post (without handlebars) is 600USD.
What do you think of it ?

I contact adapt too. Because the frame is very nice.
They said that they don't sell to personal?  :o
Or is it because I come from Germany?

I found the frame also by a other brand in Austria for a big price. But really nice pictures oO
https://www.1of1.at/rad/aero/

radfactor

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2023, 08:05:59 AM »
May I know how you contact the salesperson of Adapt bikes? Previously I contacted them, they said this model is for B2B only, not for B2C.

Vikinos

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2023, 03:22:10 AM »
Sorry for late reply. Yeah i contacted Adapt bike via e-mail. They responded quite quickly. I asked for a frame information and anlso asked about shipping to Czech Republic. They send me all information. I asked for one frame and they didn’t have a problem with it. However I haven’t order the frame yet.

bremerradkurier

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2023, 03:19:17 PM »
T700/800 and 1000 content reminds me of a conversation I had with Easton Composites friend in the US about 15 years ago-mentioned it was pretty cool they were doing stuff with nanotube carbon, but he told me the NT content was at most 2-3%.

Along the same lines, I wouldn't be surprised if the typical Chinese frame suppliers with resellers all the way down aren't using a few postage stamp sized pieces of T1000 material in their layups and falsely giving the impression most of the material is T1000. 

viktorN

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2023, 03:50:16 AM »
Update:
For anyone who's looking at the Tavelo brand, the Adapt AT-B01 is indeed the newly released Tavelo Attack.
It is also sold under the brand name "Niche Legend 4".

Adapt also make Tavelo's gravel offering known as the Tavelo Wild, it's not listed on adapts website but goes under the name FM-B04-GR.

noreply

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2023, 01:26:26 PM »
I just got an Adapt AT-B01 in my hands a few days ago.

Buying experience: Going back and forth by email was a bit slow (mainly due to time zone differences). All in it cost me just under US$1100 for the frame/fork/bars/accessories and shipping.

Plan for the new year is to move over whatever components I can from my 2015 Jake the Snake over to the new bike. I don't really care for all of the new terms that the bike industry has come up with to split hairs on categories of bikes but goal is a solid "all road" commuter/endurance/fondue bike. Basically I use the bike for commuting, weekend social/fitness rides, fondues, and very light "racing" ($2 races)

At this time I'm looking for suggestions on some components.

Crankset: On my JTS I have an FSA PF30 crankset. I know that "technically" I can get something like a Wheels MFG/Enduro conversion kit but I still feel it's sketchy as hell and may not exactly work since you need to consider spindle length. Anyone have any recommendations for a 24mm/HollowtechII compatible crank? Should I just go for the tried and true 105 crankset?

Chainrings: See above. I currently have 5x110 36/46 Cyclocross rings. Should I go for a compact 34/50 that's all the rage these days? (Currently have an 11-32 cassette on the Jake bike but thinking I should go a bit tighter with 11-30 if I'm going to switch from the 36/46 to a 34/50)

Wheels: Currently have QR wheels on the Jake and that just won't do monsignor. I'll need some thru axle wheels. I managed to snag a pair of Easton (Raceface) ARC 25 Offset rims (28h) from a prize draw. Instead of scalping them off I originally had a plan to build them up and put them on my Jake but that never happened. Anyone have recommendations for a pair of hubs? I can get Sapim Race or DT Competition spokes locally so that's no big deal.

Front Derailleur: Had a seat tube mounted derailleur on the Jake but switched it over to 1x11 a while back. I'm guessing the seat tube mounted one won't work since these bikes are now braze on mounted. What specific Front Derailleur do I need? Is it this one? https://bike.shimano.com/en-US/product/component/shimano105-r7000/FD-R7000-F.html

One last thing... The headset bearings that came with the bike seem kind of sketchy TBH, anyone know how I need to measure it up to make sure that I can get the right bearings? Don't have calipers on hand at the moment but I roughly measured it to 51mm OD, 39-40mm ID, and 7mm tall. I guess I need to figure out the angles of the races and get in contact with a local bearing supply store or something.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 01:34:20 PM by noreply »
Less yapping more braaping.

Sakizashi

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2023, 08:51:02 PM »
I tried to buy one of these a few months ago and was pointed to their US distributor who doesnt offer the frame on their website. How did you manage to buy one direct?

They also have a 2024 new frame coming out. I really like the lines of their frames and will probably get the Tavelo version if it’s offered, but dont really need the support.

Regarding the bearings, I think you could either just take them with you (mark or keep them in separate bags if there is a specific top vs. bottom) or you could ask. Sometimes they are marked either on the rubber seals or on the outer race with a number you can look up.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 09:02:49 AM by Sakizashi »

Unsworn5836

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2023, 01:05:55 AM »
Even the FM08-DB looks nice.
Unluckily not a lot of pictures available :/

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2023, 09:04:41 AM »
I like the look of it. Emailed Adapt directly and they said they won’t sell direct to consumer any more. Tavelo sells for $1500. Nich quoted me $2400 for the frameset, with a little more color options than Tavelo but still more than I’d want to pay. If I’m going open mold, I’d like to pick my own color scheme. I wonder if Tavelo would allow one off paint jobs.