Author Topic: Yishunbike R1058-D  (Read 6064 times)

Goe

Yishunbike R1058-D
« on: May 28, 2023, 03:49:27 AM »
Hi All,

I have pulled the trigger on pre-ordering this [/https://www.yishunbike.com/product/r1058-dperformance-road/] .

Melinda tells me it is still in development but that it has passed their quality test and will be dispatched in 3-4 months. It's 1070g for a 54cm so is pretty light, they advertise a lighter version at a claimed 900g for 54cm which would put it in roughly the same category as a seka exceed for a third of the price. However, Melinda tells me this version did not pass the QA tests and anyway requires a minimum order of 10 units, I expect this version to be available next year. It lists something called 'One-piece 3D latex mandrel' aswell as one-piece molding which I assume is how they will achieve the lower weight, this feels like a new technology and evolution from EPS? Anyone know anything about it?

Yishun say: 'The newest latex 3D mandrel monocoque technology improves the strength by up to 30% when using the same material due to the smoother inner wall without wrinkles inside.'

'700c Full Carbon Performance Road Bike Frameset

– One-piece monocoque moulding

– One-piece 3D latex mandrel

– Fully internal cable routing design

– Max Tire 700*30C

– Max Chainring 55-42T'

Looks-wise I think it resembles an SL7 with slightly more relaxed geometry. The resemblance is not surprising after reading on their website that 'The R&D product chief manager had worked as one of the product managers in the Specialized OEM frame factory for 6 years and gained experienced skills in designing and producing carbon frames.' I'm guessing this would be Ten Tech Composites?

They also say that they OEM for '-several well-known brands around the world, such as RIBBLE, BERRIA, MENDIZ, MAGEMO, BOTTCCHIA, DEROSA, and so on…' which is encouraging.

On paper this should be a great frame, however it's obviously a bit of a gamble and the first frames in particular may have issues however it appears like they have solid quality control and testing aswell as warranty. You can pay 20% more to get a 5 year warranty which is a nice touch assuming it will be honoured if something doesnt go to plan so I have opted for this option.

Standard version without handlebar and 5 year warranty: 718usd, shipping 185usd, there are also different charges for payment methods. 5% paypal charge and 30usd bank transfer charge. Will update along the way if anyone is interested.

Fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 03:53:58 AM by Goe »

Sakizashi

Re: Yishunbike R1058-D
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 02:50:02 PM »
I generally like the geometry of this one. However, I would like it better if there was higher offset fork option or even better if they made the fork with multiple inserts so the could vary the offset/rake across the size range from 45-50mm

Froglover825

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 09:21:52 PM »
If they OEM for Ribble does that mean they could potentially create the same frame+handlebars as the Ribble Ultra SL R?

patliean1

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 08:39:13 AM »
Looks good. Would you mind sharing the cost + shipping?

I've been casually eyeing their R086-D frame for a while (402 reach 549 stack for a size 54  :o)

Would prefer a frame with a lot of reach rather than using a long stem. Thanks!

svanimpe

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 12:45:37 PM »
@patilean: I ordered a R086-D a few months ago. The price was €715 incl. prepaid tax shipping, extra spacers and derailleur hanger.

The quality was excellent, but do keep in mind that the stack measurement doesn't include the headset top cap, which is about 15mm.

Goe

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 08:08:47 AM »
Yes I paid similar. 758usd without handlebar. Would be about 100usd more with the bar. Shipping was 185usd. This model is a bit more I’m told because of the one piece moulding, 3d mandrel technique. I also paid more for 5 year warranty (20% more). UD gloss was 20usd more than Matte also, not sure if they just made that up though

Goe

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 08:09:59 AM »
If they OEM for Ribble does that mean they could potentially create the same frame+handlebars as the Ribble Ultra SL R?

Yes quite possible! I was trying to find this out actually. I may ask them directly but it’s certainly possible.

Goe

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 08:50:45 AM »
@patilean: I ordered a R086-D a few months ago. The price was €715 incl. prepaid tax shipping, extra spacers and derailleur hanger.

The quality was excellent, but do keep in mind that the stack measurement doesn't include the headset top cap, which is about 15mm.

Would love to see some pictures if you have any! Keep to see Yishun quality, glad to hear it's excellent.

curvenut

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2023, 11:29:18 AM »

@svanimpe   how your build end up ? could you post some pictures and  make a report about what going right and wrong ?

Froglover825

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2023, 06:20:20 PM »
Yes quite possible! I was trying to find this out actually. I may ask them directly but it’s certainly possible.
Did you end up asking?
I'm really curious, i want to buy the ribble just for the cockpit tbh

neobiker

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 01:41:32 PM »
How long was it before Yishunbike answered?
I have been trying to contact them and have been ghosted at least 3 times

svanimpe

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 05:48:25 AM »
@Goe @curvenut

Pic below. The build went smooth. I only struggled to get the Di2 cable through the chainstay, but that was because the guide tubes were removed before painting. Other than that, no issues whatsoever.

@neobiker For me, they usually reply after 1-2 days, expect during holidays. What exactly are you asking them about?

xicsx

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2023, 07:27:32 AM »
@svanimpe
Beautiful color, did you paint it yourself or had them do it?

svanimpe

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2023, 10:21:36 AM »
@xicsx: It's done by a local painter. It's not something Yishun can do.

neobiker

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2023, 05:53:38 PM »
I wanted to ask for the pricing of the R1088-D.

They replied to me over WhatsApp: it is not available to individuals…  >:(