Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 67064 times)

patliean1

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2023, 09:37:22 AM »
If you spec the ERX version to pair with Shimano Ultegra-level components (crank, chain, cassette, rotors) you are looking at around $1500 which is still cheaper than a complete 105 Di2 yet much lighter.

GC Performance latest video shows the ERX being comparable in weight to Sram eTap Red. And in general, Di2 is lighter than eTap.

bremerradkurier

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2023, 10:18:41 AM »
At least for wired Di2, Shimano's patents can't have all that many years left.

Goe

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2023, 04:05:21 PM »
If you spec the ERX version to pair with Shimano Ultegra-level components (crank, chain, cassette, rotors) you are looking at around $1500 which is still cheaper than a complete 105 Di2 yet much lighter.

GC Performance latest video shows the ERX being comparable in weight to Sram eTap Red. And in general, Di2 is lighter than eTap.

That would be a great setup

Sebastian

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023, 12:11:25 AM »

I dunno about retail prices in the US. I can get a full 105 Di2 group for 1100 EUR in Europe. A Sram Rival AXS upgrade kit can actually be had for less than the LTWOO kit. So unless this comes down further in price, I would not take the chance.

ritxis

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2023, 01:12:46 AM »
True, a complete 105 Di2 can be had for a little more than the LTWOO, not to mention that it's easier to get replacement parts if there's a problem with a bump or drop.

ricedaddy

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2023, 05:13:05 PM »
I think I saw sellers on AliExpress offer full 105 di2 for around $1150 USD

jonathanf2

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2023, 10:46:16 AM »
The LTwoo official store and the Ltwoo resellers have the ERX 2x12 and 2x11 groupsets for sale now. They all seemed to drop on AliExpress simultaneously.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805480174918.html

erickr

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2023, 01:07:53 AM »
If you buy a sample directly from Alibaba (not aliexpress) you can get the ERX carbon set for ~610 USD shipped.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2023, 07:26:02 AM »
I guess the saving grace of it being such a close to a 105 Di2 copy is that they've copied a time-proven design. It's not like they've created something from scratch leaving alot of room for error. My guess is that there may be problems with the app and firmware more than the physical units but that's just a guess. I'm also very interested in this but may wait for the second version, although er9 is tempting for the price

Problems with the app.
.. when my shimano di2 was brandnew I connected with the shimano app and guess what it did? It crashed the complete system, my bike "forgot" that it had any di2 component. Basically everything was dead. I could luckily solve the issue because the system was also trapped in the Bluetooth connection mode and the battery got empty over night... and after that everything was luckily fine again.

Issues with software and app are nothing the big brands are free of....

patliean1

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2023, 08:09:06 AM »
I would also make sure LTWOO isn't shipping out pre-production models.

raisinberry777

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2023, 04:59:04 AM »
Installation instructions for eRX:

pmark

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2023, 08:15:05 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about external blips with ERX?  Only the higher end SRAM and Shimano groupsets support them and for me this is one of the big advantages of electronic (being able to change gear on the holds or the drops). 

So for me that would be a pretty big plus for ERX, the fact it supports 11 speed is also great (so can keep all my bikes using 11 speed components).

Bigal

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2023, 08:18:36 PM »
You USA and EU folk seem to on good wicket on prices, 105 Di2 will set you back almost $2.5k AUD and SRAM AXS Rival even more. That's even if you can find stock. I haven't been trying to get hold of some SRAM AXS Rival shifters for 10 months now no joy. Second hand prices for some of this stuff is even higher than new, basically because no one has stock

$900AUD for LTWOO electronic is significantly less and potentially appealing.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 11:34:06 PM by Bigal »

Goe

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2023, 06:20:51 AM »

Interesting in the video that the batteries inside the seat tube battery can be replaced. This is potentially quite a big plus. They look like AA batteries, so could be replaced out on the road if you forgot to charge/the world over.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2023, 06:29:54 AM »
Interesting in the video that the batteries inside the seat tube battery can be replaced. This is potentially quite a big plus. They look like AA batteries, so could be replaced out on the road if you forgot to charge/the world over.

They are probably 18650 batteries (just guessing). But still easy to find and cheap, so a big plus indeed.