Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 67049 times)

kenderu

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2023, 09:47:04 AM »
According to ltwoo store on AliExpress, it's 2x14500 batteries (similar size to AA but different voltage).

I bit the bullet and ordered the groupset off AliExpress, including shipping it :) was $611.50USD after a coupon (JUNE24OT for $24 off) and the sitewide sale on AliExpress

jonathanf2

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2023, 11:33:24 AM »
They are probably 18650 batteries (just guessing). But still easy to find and cheap, so a big plus indeed.

This store which I've bought from before, sells the ERX groupset without batteries. They said it'll ship faster without batteries, but they give a pretty detailed description on which ones to buy locally. I'm guessing you can put higher capacity batteries for longer usage.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805480272765.html?

coffeebreak

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2023, 02:41:55 PM »
This store which I've bought from before, sells the ERX groupset without batteries. They said it'll ship faster without batteries, but they give a pretty detailed description on which ones to buy locally. I'm guessing you can put higher capacity batteries for longer usage.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805480272765.html?

Okay so without battery means you will still get the hollow tube shaped holder for actual batteries which are 14500 type. Any idea if the interface/wires are Shimano Di2 compatible, in case someone needs extra or longer ones? From the pictures the port does seem similar to Shimano's.

jonathanf2

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2023, 03:00:20 PM »
Okay so without battery means you will still get the hollow tube shaped holder for actual batteries which are 14500 type. Any idea if the interface/wires are Shimano Di2 compatible, in case someone needs extra or longer ones? From the pictures the port does seem similar to Shimano's.

Give it a try and order the wires from somewhere with a good return policy. LTwoo doesn't advertise their compatibilities with Shimano (like having the same shifter pull ratio).

StiffWeenies

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2023, 08:32:37 PM »
The battery thing has me intrigued

They supply the groupset with 2x 800mAh 3.7V 14500 batteries but you can find higher capacity offerings on the market like the 1250mAh 3.7V Vapcell F12

Goe

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2023, 04:17:52 AM »

Trace Velo's youtube video of the Ltwoo RX (of which the ERX is the electronic version) says that (the RX at least) follows the shimano standard. So it's possible they would fit. At least the brake hoses, brake pads and brake parts can be interchanged with shimano parts. Personally I would swap out the brake calipers for shimano ones. The Ltwoo calipers are a slightly unusual shape to get around shimano patents and heavier as a result.

I saw a video with china cycling talking about Ltwoo, apparently it was set up by an ex-Sram engineer who then worked as a patent lawyer for 6 years so both knows sram tech well, their patents and how to get around them which I thought was quite interesting. The shifter hoods strongly resemble sram red shifters I think.

Bigal

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2023, 01:21:00 AM »
They are probably 18650 batteries (just guessing). But still easy to find and cheap, so a big plus indeed.

14500  batteries https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005666489670.html

Liter

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2023, 09:42:50 AM »
Might consider buying since locally SRAM is more expensive, just wonder if it would work with Sram K7/Cranks/Chain because I wanted to go 10T

How is the crosscompatibility between Shimano/Sram, can this groupset work with any 12v K7 from them? Also its interesting that I could use the Shimano caliper instead of Ltwoo

rigelk

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2023, 05:14:49 AM »
Is there any information regarding the application managing eR9/eRX and their functionalities? Something like SRAM’s "enhanced shift modes" (sequential or compensating) or Shimano’s syncroshift?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 05:24:56 AM by rigelk »

pmark

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2023, 07:52:57 AM »
Might consider buying since locally SRAM is more expensive, just wonder if it would work with Sram K7/Cranks/Chain because I wanted to go 10T

How is the crosscompatibility between Shimano/Sram, can this groupset work with any 12v K7 from them? Also its interesting that I could use the Shimano caliper instead of Ltwoo
Shimano's upcoming gravel Di2 is meant to be using micro spline hubs (to get 10T), so that might be a better option for those wanting 10T with ERX (use micro spline wheels and cassettes), as the chain spacing should be the same as standard Shimano HG (I believe XDR chains have slightly bigger gaps)

There are people on youtube that are using Shimano cassettes with AXS and the other way round.  So I would have thought ERX would technically work with XDR cassettes, but there have been reports that the shifting isn't quite as good when mixing AXS with Di2 (12 speed). 

s3si1u

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2023, 12:18:53 PM »
Shimano's upcoming gravel Di2 is meant to be using micro spline hubs (to get 10T), so that might be a better option for those wanting 10T with ERX (use micro spline wheels and cassettes), as the chain spacing should be the same as standard Shimano HG (I believe XDR chains have slightly bigger gaps)

There are people on youtube that are using Shimano cassettes with AXS and the other way round.  So I would have thought ERX would technically work with XDR cassettes, but there have been reports that the shifting isn't quite as good when mixing AXS with Di2 (12 speed).

I was just watching a Eurobike video on Youtube (forget which. Peak Torque??) but the LTwoo stand has a bike with ERX on display for testing and it's set up with Force AXS crankset and cassette.

Shifting on my AXS setup with Force cassette is hardly better than with R7100 and R8100 cassettes. I notice the chain is more stable when back pedaling with the AXS chain and cassette, but difference in shifting performance while riding is negligible when compared to Shimano cassettes and KMC chain.
Front shifting was also pretty solid with Praxis chainrings no matter what chain I was using, again no worse than a full AXS setup. YMMV of course, but in my experience the whole Shimano and SRAM 12 speed incompatibility is heavily overblown. Not saying everyone should start mixing components and stop worrying about component wear immediately, but IME it's no big deal. The F/R derailleur setup is the most important part. Use what you want and set it up well, it will work. I even did a few miles on a cheap $45 Aliexpress 12 speed cassette and shifting was pretty damn good.

s3si1u

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2023, 12:24:26 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about external blips with ERX?  Only the higher end SRAM and Shimano groupsets support them and for me this is one of the big advantages of electronic (being able to change gear on the holds or the drops). 

So for me that would be a pretty big plus for ERX, the fact it supports 11 speed is also great (so can keep all my bikes using 11 speed components).

You can get wireless blips for the entire AXS range, I had some set up on my road bike with Rival shifters previously, they're now on my gravel bike mounted on TRP Hylex brake levers.
Instagram: @aerosloth

Serge_K

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2023, 02:09:53 PM »
Do we know the weight difference between ERX and ER9?

Cucaracha

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2023, 02:24:40 PM »
Is it even possible to buy the ER9 groupset anywhere yet? Im not able to find it anywhere

kbike

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2023, 08:16:51 PM »
I doubt there will be er9. The erx is 11 or 12 speed. Pretty sure I saw the erx in aluminum. So that is probably all the options unless they add gravel/mtb derailleurs.  Be sure to watch ltwoo setup video if you buy the erx.  It will get you setup way faster than just guessing. The app also has the instruction manual.