Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 66955 times)

rutgervr

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #540 on: March 21, 2024, 12:56:52 PM »
i am from BE and rideing the er9 groupset, I payed an extra 30€ on tax. They put the price lower without asking them .

But what I read about racing it in kermesse ... I don't know but if you pay 400€ you really can't compare it to shimano or sram. the groupset is okay but not more than that. I wouldn't recommend it to people who really want quality. I was riding this weekend in bad weather and the shifting reactions where just bad. Sometimes you just have to shift like 10 times before the RD reacts to it.

toxin

« Reply #541 on: March 21, 2024, 01:31:20 PM »
Sounds like you didn't set it up properly

Sebastian

« Reply #542 on: March 21, 2024, 04:54:27 PM »
No such problem on mine. Do you mean the gear won’t shift on the cassette? Or does the RD not react to when you push the button? The former would be a setup issue. The latter might be water ingress and contact issues at the cable plug and socket interface.

zerstorer

« Reply #543 on: March 21, 2024, 05:46:40 PM »
Check if the plugs are firmly plugged in and maybe change the shifter batteries. My set came with one side shifter battery(cr2032) totally flat because the wrap packaging it came in was pressing on the paddles.

Sebastian

« Reply #544 on: March 24, 2024, 01:48:03 PM »
How's everyone's experience with battery life so far? I bought 2x 800mAh batteries. I didn't really pay attention how far I got with the first charge. When I charged the groupset for the second time, I reset the shift counter in the companion app to zero. I have done roughly 4.800 shifts now and the batteries are at 35%. So I should get around 7000-7500 shifts out of a single charge. The bike has done 2.300km with this groupset now. I guess I could do at least another 200km. Some of this was on the indoor trainer, however. Though I do not use ERG mode there, so I shift quite a bit on the indoor trainer as well. All in all, I guess I can expect 1000km per charge without pushing the batteries too much into the red. But if there are batteries with more capacity, this could be increased maybe?

SirBikealot

« Reply #545 on: March 24, 2024, 02:19:02 PM »
How's everyone's experience with battery life so far? I bought 2x 800mAh batteries. I didn't really pay attention how far I got with the first charge. When I charged the groupset for the second time, I reset the shift counter in the companion app to zero. I have done roughly 4.800 shifts now and the batteries are at 35%. So I should get around 7000-7500 shifts out of a single charge. The bike has done 2.300km with this groupset now. I guess I could do at least another 200km. Some of this was on the indoor trainer, however. Though I do not use ERG mode there, so I shift quite a bit on the indoor trainer as well. All in all, I guess I can expect 1000km per charge without pushing the batteries too much into the red. But if there are batteries with more capacity, this could be increased maybe?
will have a look at it when my set arrives and is installed. I opted for 1100mAh batteries with usb charging. So 1500km is my goal for the first charge?!

zerstorer

« Reply #546 on: March 24, 2024, 05:33:42 PM »

I am at 4800 shifts and at 55%. Using vapcell f12.

However, you should simply charge when at 30%. Don't stretch the batteries too much if you can help it.

Serge_K

« Reply #547 on: March 25, 2024, 03:37:47 AM »
I bought batteries locally, and they are crap. I have a lithium capacity tester and they tested at 300-400mah. With these in, the group dies at c.35%. I found out because at first i was using an external battery pack to charge the group, but it turns out it wasn't charging properly for several reasons. So now for simplicity, i charge using a wall charger. I am making a habit of charging very often to avoid being stuck in one gear, which really, really sucks.
Note 1: you can / may to some extent charge the group on the go with a battery pack or your phone, but that assumes you're staying on top of the battery in these things.
Note 2: the 2nd time my group died in a ride, when back home, and after charging, i had to press the RD button for several seconds to reset the cage (it was stuck). Then took me 5min to re-calibrate the gears.
Note 3: the group talks to my garmin edge: battery indicator as well as which gear i'm in. I bothered setting that up only 3 days ago. It's quite neat.
Bottom line: charge your group...

Avalius

« Reply #548 on: March 25, 2024, 07:17:54 AM »
@Serge_K
It's 26€ handling + vat on 170 +-. Mostly between 45 and 50€.

i am from BE and rideing the er9 groupset, I payed an extra 30€ on tax. They put the price lower without asking them .

But what I read about racing it in kermesse ... I don't know but if you pay 400€ you really can't compare it to shimano or sram. the groupset is okay but not more than that. I wouldn't recommend it to people who really want quality. I was riding this weekend in bad weather and the shifting reactions where just bad. Sometimes you just have to shift like 10 times before the RD reacts to it.

Worth taking the risk, sram front shifting was horrible never going back to that. I'll try to put something over the connections to protect it from water ingress.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 07:19:44 AM by Avalius »

Sebastian

« Reply #549 on: March 25, 2024, 02:17:15 PM »
Note 3: the group talks to my garmin edge: battery indicator as well as which gear i'm in. I bothered setting that up only 3 days ago. It's quite neat.
Bottom line: charge your group...

Yeah, that still doesn't work for Wahoo users though. The head unit randomly gives a low battery warning even when the groupset is fully charged. They still haven't fixed that bug.

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #550 on: March 25, 2024, 03:03:03 PM »
Ordered eGR on 3/11 and the came on 3/19,  didn't pay for air shipping but they got here to Texas in a week.  Pretty nice set up again.  I am disappointed that they don't ship it with mineral oil bottle, olives and barbs, or seatpost battery plug, but overall happy to this point.  Waiting on cassette and chain to install.

Mine came with olives and barbs in the bag with the caliper mounts.

I am using a hanger extender to run 11-50t. Will report back on shifting.

As I am running 1x, it seems like the buttons on the left lever are completely redundant. Any way they can be used for something else? Like changing Garmin screen? Or can I set them up like SRAM left/right shifting?

atlet

« Reply #551 on: March 25, 2024, 03:07:30 PM »
Mine came with olives and barbs in the bag with the caliper mounts.

I am using a hanger extender to run 11-50t. Will report back on shifting.

As I am running 1x, it seems like the buttons on the left lever are completely redundant. Any way they can be used for something else? Like changing Garmin screen? Or can I set them up like SRAM left/right shifting?

Where did you buy hangar extender?

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #552 on: March 25, 2024, 03:20:33 PM »
They're generic, give it a Google. Ebay for cheap.

kbernstein

« Reply #553 on: March 26, 2024, 02:44:29 AM »
Where did you buy hangar extender?
They come "free" when you order 11-50 cassettes on ali more often than not

coffeebreak

« Reply #554 on: March 26, 2024, 07:55:53 PM »
I just pulled trigger on the ER9 over EGR even though its going on a gravel bike. This will replace Ultegra/GRX setup. My plan is to run it in 11 speed mode and keep current crank, chain, cassette (11-34) as it is. Will see how it goes. Once the time comes to replace wearables, I will make the jump to 12s.

Also ordered a couple of Vapcell F12 batteries since I saw reference to those earlier in this thread. Not sure if that is a good price but it says "genuine" over there and Reddit confirmed its a reputable website.
https://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/products/vapcell-f12-14500-3a-button-top-1250mah-battery-genuine?variant=40539607302213