Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 155918 times)

lavistaa

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #960 on: July 18, 2024, 05:32:09 PM »
Had a counter experience with LTWOO support.  One of the two we are testing failed and they shipped a replacement rear mech (which has been flawless) straightaway.

I will say the 2032 cells shipped with the grifters were shit (as measured on our tester) and replacing them hel-ed immensely.  I do wish the rear mech had more capacity or that the egr mech worked with the bringers and 2x.   We really want a replacement for the ultegra rx mech which go to 42 easily

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #961 on: July 19, 2024, 01:25:12 PM »
Posting here as the e-gr thread is a lot quieter. I've moved my e-gr groupset between bikes and I can't get the RD to do anything. No charging light, no movement. Have checked all connections thoroughly.

What are the contact details that have been the most successful? It was an AliExpress purchase from the official store, so have messaged there for now.

Really need it working for race in around 6 weeks time and ideally sooner so I can actually practice!

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #962 on: July 19, 2024, 01:25:52 PM »
Had a counter experience with LTWOO support.  One of the two we are testing failed and they shipped a replacement rear mech (which has been flawless) straightaway.

I will say the 2032 cells shipped with the grifters were shit (as measured on our tester) and replacing them hel-ed immensely.  I do wish the rear mech had more capacity or that the egr mech worked with the bringers and 2x.   We really want a replacement for the ultegra rx mech which go to 42 easily

What support channel have you used please?

rockerplates.de

« Reply #963 on: July 21, 2024, 11:33:51 AM »

sounds very strange to me....you are the first one which actually got help. who did you speak with....did you buy directly at the factory? how long did it take to get the new item?
of course not only me is interested in the contacts...factory?
I have noticed, that some of the youtube videos which basically stated ltwoo is rubbihs have disappeared..
maybe we are withness of the new marketing strategy of ltwoo?

SillyMochi

« Reply #964 on: July 21, 2024, 11:49:08 AM »
maybe we are withness of the new marketing strategy of ltwoo?

Shut up all the "liars" /s

Serge_K

« Reply #965 on: July 22, 2024, 03:29:28 AM »
I have noticed, that some of the youtube videos which basically stated ltwoo is rubbish have disappeared..

Youtubers make money from brand deals and promotions much more than from views these days, so that wouldn't surprise me. The content on chinese bike frames and components is so incredibly skewed towards brands that provide kick backs.
On Instagram, i'm also seeing girls with hundreds of thousands of followers (can't all be bots) still shilling for shampoos and crisps, even though their profiles promote ultra high end lifestyles.
Follow the money.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

amacal1

« Reply #966 on: July 22, 2024, 04:01:39 PM »
I'm looking at getting picking up a used road bike so I can run 2 bikes. Mostly rim brake bikes available for prices I'm interested in and I'm fine with that. The ER9 is only available for hydraulic disc brakes, but could I pair it with some hydraulic rim brake calipers and use those with it?

I could see maybe using the wheeltop or something else, but I already have an eGR so it might be nice to have spare charging cables, batteries, etc.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 04:49:23 PM by amacal1 »

coffeebreak

« Reply #967 on: July 22, 2024, 05:35:43 PM »
could I pair it with some hydraulic rim brake calipers

Are there any Chiner hydro rim calipers? Or which ones are you talking about, because this would be a great news for me too.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #968 on: July 23, 2024, 12:05:31 AM »
Shut up all the "liars" /s

do not know, but i would appreciate more info from lavistaa

jonathanf2

« Reply #969 on: July 23, 2024, 03:59:42 PM »
I just took one of my ER9 bikes out for a ride today after a 2 week hiatus while on vacation. Everything worked fine. Only problem is that my fitness took a dive!

lantz

« Reply #970 on: July 23, 2024, 11:04:48 PM »
Same here, another 1000 miles in on my ERX and not a single issue to speak of. I'll report back on the EGR that I'm building my new gravel bike with.

boxof13

« Reply #971 on: July 24, 2024, 08:51:03 AM »
Same here, another 1000 miles in on my ERX and not a single issue to speak of. I'll report back on the EGR that I'm building my new gravel bike with.

You're probably one of the few who has both ERX and EGR. Do you mind trying to pair EGR shifters to the ERX RD/FD? I have not seen any reports on the compatibility on all LTWOO system.

amacal1

« Reply #972 on: July 24, 2024, 10:13:16 AM »
You're probably one of the few who has both ERX and EGR. Do you mind trying to pair EGR shifters to the ERX RD/FD? I have not seen any reports on the compatibility on all LTWOO system.

Yes, that would be GREAT info. I would love to hear someone test that. I have an eGR and would love to know if it pairs with any other Ltwoo electronics parts.

lantz

« Reply #973 on: July 24, 2024, 06:43:28 PM »

Yeah, I can check it next time I'm out in the garage, headed out to dinner currently!

Phaxe

« Reply #974 on: July 24, 2024, 08:30:29 PM »
This doesn't bode well for LTWOO in the Western market:

https://youtu.be/kPgnPGX-gs4?t=3473

Timestamp is at 58:00, Jesse Coyle recounts his experience on ER9.

What I do find slightly odd, is that LTWOO had plenty of notice that he was going to be building up his bike with the ER9, so they could have provided him with a bomb proof groupset, but obviously they didn't - water and dirt ingress and now he doesn't trust it, just like pretty much everyone else who have put out YT reviews.