Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 67167 times)

jonathanf2

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #525 on: March 20, 2024, 11:16:13 AM »
I also picked up the ER9 during the sale. Price came out to $350 USD with tax once I stacked it with $80 off coupon + coins. I decided to upgrade the rest of the drivetrain in the process so I picked up a 12 speed Goldix 251g 11-34t cassette and Senicx 52-36t chainring. I also picked up a pair of Fovno 12t POM jockey wheels for good measure. I noticed the cadence jumps on the 12 speed 11-34t matched the 11 speed 11-32t in the high gears and with a 36:34t low gear ratio, it'll match my current 34:32t 11 speed. I figure it's one of those scenarios where I can have my cake and eat it too! I've already ordered a set of high quality 14500 batteries and I'll probably pick up some dielectric grease from the auto store later on for insurance. Fortunately I have two road bikes, so I'll convert one to the ER9 and keep the other one mechanical Ultegra just in case.

rasch

« Reply #526 on: March 20, 2024, 01:14:12 PM »
Was doubting but with the sale i've got a full ER9 group with Zrace rotors and Senicx crank for 500usd. I'm racing these bikes, curious how ER9 will react to the Belgian kermesse races ;-)

let me know how it goes with the customs. I was thinking about buying that set but am afraid of customs here in BE

Serge_K

« Reply #527 on: March 20, 2024, 01:33:34 PM »
let me know how it goes with the customs. I was thinking about buying that set but am afraid of customs here in BE

if your parcel gets stopped, they ask you for an invoice and charge you VAT on what you paid, plus potentially 10-20 eur for custom processing fee. They can't really fine you, if that's your concern. And worst case, you refuse the package, it goes back to china, and you eventually get a refund. There's a tracking number so the parcel can't just get lost on its way back to china, so you would get a refund.

rasch

« Reply #528 on: March 20, 2024, 01:40:36 PM »
if your parcel gets stopped, they ask you for an invoice and charge you VAT on what you paid, plus potentially 10-20 eur for custom processing fee. They can't really fine you, if that's your concern. And worst case, you refuse the package, it goes back to china, and you eventually get a refund. There's a tracking number so the parcel can't just get lost on its way back to china, so you would get a refund.

Well first of all I'd like to avoid any custom :) there are some shops which do the XDB or so to dispatch things without paying it. Second, if it's like in PT, it's not just 10/20€. It's actually quite a bunch more. Here you can find a complete 105di2 for around 1000€. Taking the VAT off is sth like 830€ which puts it dangerously close to a complete ER9 build, with the advantage of being Shimano and warranty

SirBikealot

« Reply #529 on: March 20, 2024, 01:48:37 PM »
Not BE but GER, but will let you know if it may help you. They package will arrive with transit throug NL. Last time (magene 505 base) the postman at my door charged me around 13€ on an 250€ order. But i can't rember what value they wrote on the package. This time it is 83€  :D

Benbenben

« Reply #530 on: March 20, 2024, 02:08:43 PM »
I went through this thread and could not find the answer. Apologies if I missed it, but regarding the kit we need to bleed the brakes, do you guys know if we need a particular Ltwoo kit? I have the below kit that says is good for Shimano and SRAM. I was assuming that ltwoo would use the same fittings, but I am unable to confirm.

BalticSea

« Reply #531 on: March 20, 2024, 02:34:26 PM »
I went through this thread and could not find the answer. Apologies if I missed it, but regarding the kit we need to bleed the brakes, do you guys know if we need a particular Ltwoo kit? I have the below kit that says is good for Shimano and SRAM. I was assuming that ltwoo would use the same fittings, but I am unable to confirm.

This kit will not work, I have the same kit and I ran into issue with fittings - they were too thick (lol) to thread into calipers. I ended up buying Jagwire Elite bleeding syringes for Sram.

mtbluvr68

« Reply #532 on: March 20, 2024, 02:56:09 PM »
Ordered eGR on 3/11 and the came on 3/19,  didn't pay for air shipping but they got here to Texas in a week.  Pretty nice set up again.  I am disappointed that they don't ship it with mineral oil bottle, olives and barbs, or seatpost battery plug, but overall happy to this point.  Waiting on cassette and chain to install. 
2021 Tan Tan Seraph FM027  w/Light Bicycle wheels(XC)
2022 Marin Rift Zone 3 w/ elite wheels (trail)
2021 Tideace FMR185 w/Light Bicycle Wheels (road)
2023  Chasing Wind w/ elite wheels (Gravel)

00Garza

« Reply #533 on: March 20, 2024, 08:46:18 PM »
Ordered eGR on 3/11 and the came on 3/19,  didn't pay for air shipping but they got here to Texas in a week.  Pretty nice set up again.  I am disappointed that they don't ship it with mineral oil bottle, olives and barbs, or seatpost battery plug, but overall happy to this point.  Waiting on cassette and chain to install.

What store did you get it from? What was the final price?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #534 on: March 21, 2024, 03:46:41 AM »
I tried it with 2 orders in the previous sale. Both were about 200 EUR and I did not choose the prepaid shipping option. Both orders were stopped by customs and I had to pay extra both times. I had to pay 10-15% of the value, so still lower than what you would have to pay on Ali. The biggest part of those costs were handling cost for the shipping company. VAT was very little...
Customs do take their sweet time in handling the shipment. So you can expect that will add 1-2 weeks to the delivery times. I suspect this is maybe to discourage you from ordering this way... But they probably also just have a lot of work with all these packages.

Serge_K

« Reply #535 on: March 21, 2024, 03:49:04 AM »

As per Balticsea, this will probably not work. i ended up buying the decathlon bleed kit (c.35 eur) (way more than i would have liked) JUST for the little adaptors to screw into the bleed ports.
I had bought the "EZMTB Bicycle Brake Oil Bleed Kit Tools For SHIMANO SRAM Avid MAGURA Series Hydraulic Disc MTB Road Bike Brake Repair Tool... 2022 STD BAG" and the adaptor was too thick. i tried to file down the fitting, i broke it.
The Decathlon kit: https://www.decathlon.fr/p/kit-de-purge-pour-frein-a-disque-minerale/_/R-p-301337
Btw, out of 5 er9 i installed, i think i bled only 1 or 2. There's oil in the housing, so given that these groups were my first forays into hydraulic brakes, i didn't want to fix something that wasnt broken. Braking's been fine without bleeding on most of them.

zerstorer

« Reply #536 on: March 21, 2024, 05:55:45 AM »
I used the full ezmtb kit listed here and it works:
60Ml Bicycle Brake Fluid Mineral Oil System Fluid Cycling Mountain Bikes for Shimano Bike Accessorie Oil Injector
https://a.aliexpress.com/_oCbPLJI

I believe any kit that includes sram adapters should work?

Serge_K

« Reply #537 on: March 21, 2024, 08:37:43 AM »
These are plastic fittings. Mine are metal. Maybe that paradoxically, the plastic ones work better? The version i bought was meant to be universal, ie include sram (kit came with a LOT of different fittings).

Avalius

« Reply #538 on: March 21, 2024, 09:49:33 AM »

Seller declared the value lower i always ask around 170 dollar so it's the absolute minimum import duty and it's a realistic value since the belgian limit is at 150 dollar.
Did this a few times before it works. Don't put 25 dollars on it or they will look it up :)

Serge_K

« Reply #539 on: March 21, 2024, 10:10:38 AM »
Seller declared the value lower i always ask around 170 dollar so it's the absolute minimum import duty and it's a realistic value since the belgian limit is at 150 dollar.
Did this a few times before it works. Don't put 25 dollars on it or they will look it up :)

Interesting. So if you spend more than 170 eur on an AliX order, you send a message to the seller, ask they declare a value of 170 eur, that way customs catch the bag, they charge you on that 170 eur, and everybody is happy? What do you then pay, is it 20% on 170 + customs fees?