Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 155892 times)

kbernstein

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #1050 on: August 16, 2024, 10:21:56 AM »
seems like 105 di2 isn't on sale as often as it used to, but i'm pretty sure we've seen it under 800€ on ali. 856€ confirmed on bike-components.de in september 2023

SirBikealot

« Reply #1051 on: August 16, 2024, 10:27:58 AM »
seems like 105 di2 isn't on sale as often as it used to, but i'm pretty sure we've seen it under 800€ on ali. 856€ confirmed on bike-components.de in september 2023

1090€ is from bike-components.de today

jonathanf2

« Reply #1052 on: August 16, 2024, 11:24:48 AM »
SRAM and Shimano electronic has no appeal to me. Proprietary parts, fixed cassette speed and replacement components are still $$$. Cassette speed flexibility is a big selling point for me with LTwoo. Also I'm willing to overlook the slight annoyance of routing battery cables and battery holder in the seat post for easy to find replaceable batteries. Also I have to give credit to LTwoo, their app and gear fine-tuning is actually really good.

Even if someone gave me 105 or Ultegra Di2 for free, I'd probably just sell the groupset to a Rapha coffee ride dentist, pocket the difference and stick to LTwoo. Though I get it, some roadies want to impress impress their boyfriends at the Sunday group ride with name brand accessories. Nothing wrong with that!  ;D

amacal1

« Reply #1053 on: August 16, 2024, 11:30:27 AM »
... fixed cassette speed and replacement components are still $$$. Cassette speed flexibility is a big selling point for me with LTwoo. Also I'm willing to overlook the slight annoyance of routing battery cables and battery holder in the seat post for easy to find replaceable batteries. Also I have to give credit to LTwoo, their app and gear fine-tuning is actually really good.

Yes, I have to admit, a bit part of the appeal to me about the Chiner e-groupsets is that you can basically use any cassette of any size (within the limits) and absolutely go nuts and dial it all in electronically.

Obviously these groupsets need to work and last long enough to justify their cost, but assuming that bar is met, they represent not just tremendous value BUT ALSO tremendous capability! Again, they still need to work. So far my Ltwoo eGR has been flawless. I suppose it will continue to be flawless right up until the point that some flaws appear.

Sebastian

« Reply #1054 on: August 16, 2024, 12:20:04 PM »
If I could have gotten a full 105Di2 groupset for under 800quid. Sure. I probably would have and sold on what I wasn’t gonna use myself. At that price point, there’s not much reason to go with a largely unproven obscure Chinese groupset. Don’t get me wrong. I like my er9. And it’ll hopefully continue to work for a long time. But I’d expect the shifting performance of 105Di2 to be on another level. Especially if you pair it with the respective 105 cassette and cranks. Just saying.

erallen30

« Reply #1055 on: August 16, 2024, 12:54:47 PM »
not even close. Got my er9 with super lightweight 11spd casette, Ultegra chain, chainrings AND Magene 505 base powermeter for 725€ including postage, import taxes etc.
105 di2 WITHOUT powermeter is at 1090€ right now.

I doubt it. Everyone exaggerates how little money they paid for their stuff on here.

erallen30

« Reply #1056 on: August 16, 2024, 12:57:49 PM »
not even close. Got my er9 with super lightweight 11spd casette, Ultegra chain, chainrings AND Magene 505 base powermeter for 725€ including postage, import taxes etc.
105 di2 WITHOUT powermeter is at 1090€ right now.

You're also missing cranks, bottom bracket, and rotors that the di2 105 groupset will come with.

erallen30

« Reply #1057 on: August 16, 2024, 01:00:52 PM »
SRAM and Shimano electronic has no appeal to me. Proprietary parts, fixed cassette speed and replacement components are still $$$. Cassette speed flexibility is a big selling point for me with LTwoo. Also I'm willing to overlook the slight annoyance of routing battery cables and battery holder in the seat post for easy to find replaceable batteries. Also I have to give credit to LTwoo, their app and gear fine-tuning is actually really good.

Even if someone gave me 105 or Ultegra Di2 for free, I'd probably just sell the groupset to a Rapha coffee ride dentist, pocket the difference and stick to LTwoo. Though I get it, some roadies want to impress impress their boyfriends at the Sunday group ride with name brand accessories. Nothing wrong with that!  ;D

erallen30

« Reply #1058 on: August 16, 2024, 01:01:13 PM »

Sure you would....

jonathanf2

« Reply #1059 on: August 16, 2024, 01:13:23 PM »
I doubt it. Everyone exaggerates how little money they paid for their stuff on here.

I get it, some people don't have the mental capacity to understand how sales work!

erallen30

« Reply #1060 on: August 16, 2024, 02:40:15 PM »
Did you do any preventative measure with the cables like dielectric grease or heat shrink plastic? I've yet to ride any of my ER9 bikes in wet weather and I don't plan to!  ;D

Such a great deal but can't even get it wet. Meanwhile I routinely blast my 1st gen di2 with a hose while cleaning my bike.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1061 on: August 16, 2024, 03:29:51 PM »
Such a great deal but can't even get it wet. Meanwhile I routinely blast my 1st gen di2 with a hose while cleaning my bike.

Sounds like you enjoy hosing your bike often. Just remember blasting it too often can lead to temporary blindness!  ;D

SirBikealot

« Reply #1062 on: August 16, 2024, 03:36:24 PM »
You're also missing cranks, bottom bracket, and rotors that the di2 105 groupset will come with.

nope. https://www.bike-components.de/de/Shimano/105-Di2-R7150-Gruppe-2x12-34-50-p88663/ look it up. There are no rotors, no bb and not even the wireing for the battery included.
725€ is already with cranks because they are part of the magene power meter. So on top 10€ for a bb and 60€ for some Shimano RT-MT800 which sums up to shy of 800€. The complete di2 with all of that then jumps to around 1200€, still without powermeter.

erallen30

« Reply #1063 on: August 16, 2024, 04:03:24 PM »
nope. https://www.bike-components.de/de/Shimano/105-Di2-R7150-Gruppe-2x12-34-50-p88663/ look it up. There are no rotors, no bb and not even the wireing for the battery included.
725€ is already with cranks because they are part of the magene power meter. So on top 10€ for a bb and 60€ for some Shimano RT-MT800 which sums up to shy of 800€. The complete di2 with all of that then jumps to around 1200€, still without powermeter.

The Magene PES power meter crankset is over $300. Your numbers don't add up correctly. You are either lying or not adding things up correctly.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1064 on: August 16, 2024, 04:06:13 PM »
I get it, erallen30 is fast. I'm guessing he holds the KOM around the suburban business park during weekend coffee rides. Plus his 105 Di2 is superior with Toyota Prius-like performance. I need to figure out how to hose my bike with more frequency! This kind of insight can only come from someone who wears white socks and white shoes!