Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 155790 times)

cdamgaard

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #1095 on: September 11, 2024, 10:05:16 PM »
Also had good customer service experience with 80 designer store sorting a broken GR9 shifter.

Hi, how was the response time from 80 Designer Shop. I have raised an issue with a dead EGR, they quickly replied with standard checklist to check and then silence and no answers in a couple of days. Did you also experience long response time.
Thanks,
Christian

elmtree

« Reply #1096 on: September 12, 2024, 10:43:08 AM »
I'm working on getting the fd tuned properly. When I'm using the adjustment button it seems to move in and out instead of just one direction. Does anyone have any tips? Should I be in the first click of going up to the big ring, or the second click trim position?

jonathanf2

« Reply #1097 on: September 12, 2024, 11:13:24 AM »
I'm working on getting the fd tuned properly. When I'm using the adjustment button it seems to move in and out instead of just one direction. Does anyone have any tips? Should I be in the first click of going up to the big ring, or the second click trim position?

Adjust for the 1st click. I only use the second click to adjust when in the big or small cassette cogs. The first click should already be free of FD rubbing. Plus the app doesn't allow for trim fine-tuning directly from the app, trim only happens manually when pressing the left shift button.

I wish LTwoo would implement some new features, but I'm sure Shimano and SRAM have some software patents that keep them limited on features. Either that or they don't have the software budget to do so. I also notice Wheeltop is getting more OEM groupset sales, whereas I don't see any bikes in Asia getting LTwoo electronic.

elmtree

« Reply #1098 on: September 12, 2024, 04:39:25 PM »
Adjust for the 1st click. I only use the second click to adjust when in the big or small cassette cogs. The first click should already be free of FD rubbing. Plus the app doesn't allow for trim fine-tuning directly from the app, trim only happens manually when pressing the left shift button.

Do you have the issue where the adjustment seems to not move continuously in one direction? That's the other thing that's making it hard

mrpercussive

« Reply #1099 on: September 12, 2024, 10:28:12 PM »
Hi, how was the response time from 80 Designer Shop. I have raised an issue with a dead EGR, they quickly replied with standard checklist to check and then silence and no answers in a couple of days. Did you also experience long response time.
Thanks,
Christian

response time was pretty quick... I got the standard checklist too but told them I went through all of that already and told them it started happening after some crazy rain. They got back to me in hours saying they'll contact Ltwoo. In about a week they sent me a new custom order for $15 for shipping and in two days, my new derailleur was shipped

cdamgaard

« Reply #1100 on: September 13, 2024, 02:13:00 AM »
Okay, sounds pretty reasonable. They did revert yesterday and asked for a video, so that is send and I assume they share with Ltwoo and then send me a replacement. Thanks for letting me know.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1101 on: September 13, 2024, 09:36:01 AM »
Do you have the issue where the adjustment seems to not move continuously in one direction? That's the other thing that's making it hard

If that happens, try adjusting the front derailleur physically on the hanger if it's still rubbing. The FD fine tuning can only adjust so much, you still need to align the actual FD properly. I sometimes find it better to adjust the FD while the bike is flipped over because you can see the FD and chain line much better.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #1102 on: September 17, 2024, 03:15:26 AM »
a little update...
we have claimed a burned battery tray at ltwoo, which was bought directly...the tray burned while charging normally....
Ltwoo wanted pictures, which were sent..
Now, they want a video...we have asked in detail what the video needs to show..
Our customer is now not able to ride.
It seems that they have no intention to help us, but also do not shut the door completey...
This becomse more and more a circus..

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #1103 on: September 17, 2024, 09:12:06 AM »
a little update...
we have claimed a burned battery tray at ltwoo, which was bought directly...the tray burned while charging normally....
Ltwoo wanted pictures, which were sent..
Now, they want a video...we have asked in detail what the video needs to show..
Our customer is now not able to ride.
It seems that they have no intention to help us, but also do not shut the door completey...
This becomse more and more a circus..

I think it's a tactic that sellers use in the hope you will eventually give up. This was what OG-Evkin did when I tried to get warranty on my MTB frame with crooked BB shell. They keep asking and keep promising for months and in the end you end up with nothing but a lot of frustration.

00Garza

« Reply #1104 on: September 17, 2024, 09:50:39 AM »
Thanks,
Christian

Once I showed them a video of the shifter not working there was a few days of silence, then they responded that the new shifter was sent. Gave me a tracking number and it arrived in about a week.

Serge_K

« Reply #1105 on: September 17, 2024, 10:12:17 AM »
I think it's a tactic that sellers use in the hope you will eventually give up. This was what OG-Evkin did when I tried to get warranty on my MTB frame with crooked BB shell. They keep asking and keep promising for months and in the end you end up with nothing but a lot of frustration.

That's 100% what LTWOO did with me. After literally months of slow back and forth, where every time the goal post kept changing, i gave up. in the middle there was my reseller being ghosted by ltwoo and having to contact someone else at ltwoo. they essentially do their best to be unhelpful.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

rockerplates.de

« Reply #1106 on: September 17, 2024, 04:39:19 PM »
That's 100% what LTWOO did with me. After literally months of slow back and forth, where every time the goal post kept changing, i gave up. in the middle there was my reseller being ghosted by ltwoo and having to contact someone else at ltwoo. they essentially do their best to be unhelpful.

Well, i defenately will not give up...
and i am not afraid to make a youtube video about our experiences with LTWOO business tactic.

Sebastian

« Reply #1107 on: September 19, 2024, 06:11:45 AM »
Had to replace the coin cell in my FD shift lever after roughly 35.000 shifts. The indicator light on the inside of the brake lever started flashing red. The weird thing is that I rarely shift the front and the rear shifter is still flashing green despite seeing much more use. I guess the coin cells are just not the best quality. I replaced it and it's good to go. No repairing necessary.

« Reply #1108 on: Today at 07:32:27 AM »

and be careful because paypal is not helping anymore on this. Latest experience with paypal have been very bad, a waste of money. Probably aliexpress is more safe now.

rtuk

« Reply #1109 on: Today at 02:23:08 PM »
and be careful because paypal is not helping anymore on this. Latest experience with paypal have been very bad, a waste of money. Probably aliexpress is more safe now.
Is credit card any better at helping with disputes?