Author Topic: Seraph Tan Tan FM639 - my build  (Read 1228 times)

batwoman

Seraph Tan Tan FM639 - my build
« on: June 06, 2023, 05:45:10 AM »
Hi there,

as you may have seen in my previous post, at the end of March I decided to order a Seraph FM639 in a custom color.

The decision was taken mainly for 3 reasons:
1) Geometry
2) I don't like aero nor dropped seatpost
3) and last but not least I have the Seraph GR029 since end of 2020 and I am very happy with it.

The communication with the seller was excellent and replies very prompt via Aliexpress messaging tool.
The color definition / translation is a bit different in chinese. I wanted a "Metallic" sparkling color finish, I realised they call it glossy finish. At the end the best is to go through their instagram or homepage pictures and send them a screenshoot of what you want.
The painting took a bit longer than expected but the seller was always quick in answering my questions about the status.

Finally last week the frame arrived and I started the buildup.
I ordered from them as well the integrated cockpit, seatpost with 0° setback that where included in the post, plus through axles, a garmin mount and a spare hanger.

I decided to go with a Shimano 105 di2 (12s - 50/34 - 11.34) groupset. The idea is to get a 11-36 when available, possibly a light version.

- Elite SLT Disc wheels 40mm deep and 29mm wide
- Schwalbe One tubeless tires 30mm wide
- Mixed 6D saddle (might be changed...)
- SPD mountain bike double sided pedals

The build went very smooth even for a "beginner" like me thanks to the help of my boyfriend. Only 1 point where I had to be a bit patient. First of all I ordered some Internal Housing Damper 6mm foam sleeve which I put on the rear hydraulic cable to avoid rattling at a later stage. The hydraulic cables are very sturdy and the most difficult part is the routing through the cockpit.
One point in favour is that the frame has some nice metal spacers where there is space at the front for the cables. The most important point is to pass the cable through the handlebar in the same end position. I did not in the first time and the cables tension would rotate the handlebar. Once rerouted the problem was gone.

The bike weighs 8.3kg with garmin mount, pedals and bottle cages in a size 56 frame. As from specification the frame has space for a 28mm tyre. As you can see from one of the pictures 30mm fit as well in this case, but not much space left.
It really rides well and feels quick  8) . The only things I will have to change are the saddle (the position is different compared to the old bike and does not work).

TidyDinosaur

Re: Seraph Tan Tan FM639 - my build
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 06:05:25 AM »
Very good looking frame, and the paintjob looks very nice :)
I would however put some protective film on the back of that seat tube if I were you... That's very tight with that 30mm tire... It won't take long to get the paint damaged like that I think...

batwoman

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 07:52:57 AM »
I put one on the chainstay, but did not think of putting it on the seat tube. Will think about it. I still have some graphic stickers I want to apply as well as a decoration but still indecisive...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 08:39:03 AM by batwoman »

Serge_K

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 08:26:11 AM »
Very pretty paint job & bike, congrats!
How much did you pay for the frame with shipping?

wandulus

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 12:25:53 PM »
That color is really astonishing, love it!!
Nice build.

batwoman

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 06:53:42 AM »
Very pretty paint job & bike, congrats!
How much did you pay for the frame with shipping?

Hi there, ordered it via Aliexpress and shipping to Switzerland in CHF. With 1 spare hanger, computer mount, through axles, and brake plugs I did not use was a total of 634.52 CHF (74 was shipping) plus 100 USD for the custom colour.

PowerWadln87

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2024, 09:26:41 PM »
Hi @batwoman

You speak german? Ich baue auch einen FM639 Rahmen auf und hätte einige wichtige Fragen. Kannst du mich mal per Nachricht anscheiben? Danke dir!