Author Topic: Yishunbike G095D (Speed Gravel)  (Read 11927 times)

Hmpf

Re: Yishunbike G095D (Speed Gravel)
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2023, 05:16:23 AM »
I think it's a sales strategy lie ;) i already read on this forum they try to hurry people to buy and i had the same speech too when dealing with them.

This can be But I do not care I find the frame so nice that I was sure to buy it. I also asked for the bank details even before they wrote to me that only two are still available.

Furthermore, I wanted to buy a handlebar and that was out of stock.

I guess that they otherwise only sell large quantities and a few frames also sell to end customers.

For this thesis also speaks that my first mails from another account were not answered.

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2023, 11:20:40 PM »
Just emailed Yishun around purchasing - will see if I have any luck getting a response and if they want a minimum order quantity.

I'm not sure if YS are the actual manufacturer of the frame - be interesting to see if it's available anywhere else or from anyone else - haven't been able to find anything yet though.

I got a response from them and they were willing to sell me a frame and ship to NZ. They are out of stock of 58cm though - they've indicated it's a couple of months wait for more to be available. Unless I find something I like more in the meantime (unlikely I think given current research) I'll get one once they've re-stocked.

Hmpf

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2023, 03:00:29 AM »
@slowSpeedGravel With your Username you want to buy a Speed Gravel? That is so paradox :D

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2023, 04:43:28 PM »
@slowSpeedGravel With your Username you want to buy a Speed Gravel? That is so paradox :D

Yes, that's exactly why I need one!  ;D

lanphi

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2023, 06:51:54 AM »
Those of you who could buy just one frame, which email did you contact?

Hmpf

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2023, 12:24:30 AM »

Metteke

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2023, 08:06:50 AM »
I want to buy this one but they are not responding :-\

planet_sammy

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2023, 06:03:52 AM »
I want to buy this one but they are not responding :-\

Try this one: kitty.jiang@yishunbike.com

I think you get a response!

bournon

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2023, 05:18:04 AM »
Ordered one, will be shipped next friday :)
UD Gloss.

Kitty is answering fast, and is very service minded. Looking forward to get the frame delivered.

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2023, 04:14:17 PM »
Interested to hear what the tire clearance is like for anyone that receives one. Per previous posters i'm guessing its actually 42mm (with ~6mm each side of that which is the industry standard gap for quoting clearance). So maybe good for up to a 45c tire in practice.

Nickvvliet

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2023, 01:03:58 AM »
Anyone experience building up this frame and could share some pictures? I'm very interested!

Avalius

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2023, 04:39:59 AM »
Damn this is one good looking frame!

Morrisch

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2023, 06:53:45 AM »
Interested to hear what the tire clearance is like for anyone that receives one. Per previous posters i'm guessing its actually 42mm (with ~6mm each side of that which is the industry standard gap for quoting clearance). So maybe good for up to a 45c tire in practice.

Not fully on topic, but I can share some clearance info on the Yishun CX095D which is the 'all road' alternative of the G095D. This means it should support op to 38c tires (instead of 50c) according to Yishun product info. Looks like the main difference between both models is the size of the rear triangle. Given the recently update geometry specs, the all road version has 10mm shorter chain stay and wheelbase compared to the speed gravel. Front fork looks the same.

I do not have the frame at hand, but from detailed data I received I can conclude for the CX095D:

Rear clearance, for 38mm tire:
- towards chain stays: 8 mm (both sides)
- towards seat tube: 19 mm

Front clearance, for 38mm tire:
- towards seat tube: 18 mm

I would say rear clearance towards seat tube could be quite a bit bigger for the G095D given the additional chain stay length of 10mm. Not sure for the side (towards chain stay) clearance. Also if both frames would share the same fork, 50c will not fit I would say.

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2023, 05:52:06 PM »
Not fully on topic, but I can share some clearance info on the Yishun CX095D which is the 'all road' alternative of the G095D. This means it should support op to 38c tires (instead of 50c) according to Yishun product info. Looks like the main difference between both models is the size of the rear triangle. Given the recently update geometry specs, the all road version has 10mm shorter chain stay and wheelbase compared to the speed gravel. Front fork looks the same.

I do not have the frame at hand, but from detailed data I received I can conclude for the CX095D:

Rear clearance, for 38mm tire:
- towards seat tube: 19 mm

Front clearance, for 38mm tire:
- towards seat tube: 18 mm

I would say rear clearance towards seat tube could be quite a bit bigger for the G095D given the additional chain stay length of 10mm. Not sure for the side (towards chain stay) clearance. Also if both frames would share the same fork, 50c will not fit I would say.

Thanks. Looks like they do use different forks (the CX fork is straight at the bottom, the G frame has a curve there that moves the axle back a cm or two). The extra 10mm chainstay length maybe just clearance for mudguards as the G frame has a mounting point for guards between the rear chainstays/on the bottom of the down tube which would take up about that with a guard installed.

ENEP

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2023, 04:15:15 AM »
Info@yishunbike.com

HMPF - How´s it going with the build?
Very curious on the result and your opinions on the frame.