Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 38398 times)

radfactor

Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« on: July 12, 2023, 01:48:06 AM »
While I casually browsing Aliexpress, I found this cool looks like an aero bike from Hygge.
The paint job looks great and it even sponsored a continental team from Poland, Team Bialini.

Is there anyone from this forum already test this frame?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005213767330.html

BalticSea

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 12:52:16 PM »
I've seen them on Ali and they do look nice from the pictures, but the only shipping option to my country is Fedex which costs roughly 1100 euros. Hard pass.

Serge_K

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 12:06:34 PM »
No experience with the brand.
Looks like a VB168, a Long Teng 268, a Winow 368, and various Workswell models that are overpriced and impossible to get anyway.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 12:26:11 PM »
I really like the look of these frames. Especially the black and dark grey...

patliean1

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 12:53:39 PM »
This trend of one-bike-to-rule-them-all SL7 androdioecy needs to stop LoL.

I understand it both from a pragmatic and functional perspective. However, it's not as exciting anymore.

Uniformity is turning into conformity.

coffeebreak

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 12:48:13 PM »
I really like the look of these frames. Especially the black and dark grey...
True that. Other colors are pretty cool too or may be these guys are really good at taking photos. I messaged them on Alix and they do "without logo" version too at no extra cost as long as it is one of the colors from their list. The guy responding to my queries spoke really well too, confidence inspiring.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 01:06:32 PM »
Yeah, I crashed my 1 month old TFSA frame last sunday. Cracked the chainstay and would cost more than half the cost of a new frame to repair (without paint) so not really worth it. So this Hygge frame is now looking very tempting. There seems to be this matte gray where you can see the carbon structuren judging by the review picture...

coffeebreak

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023, 01:26:51 PM »
Yes, "no logo carbon black" shows the carbon layup apparently. Hope you are okay after the crash, sounds like a serious mishap.

Edit, did you buy your TFSA from TFSA Keming store? Those guys seem to have best prices for SL7 type framesets.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 01:28:28 PM by coffeebreak »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2023, 01:28:56 PM »
Yes, "no logo carbon black" shows the carbon layup apparently. Hope you are okay after the crash, sounds like a serious mishap.
Thanks. Broke my collarbone and I have surgery tomorrow  :-X
Ordered a Zwift Hub today so I can start moving again ASAP  :)

coffeebreak

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2023, 01:32:51 PM »
Whoops! Best wishes for the surgery then. You seem determined though...way to go!

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2023, 01:45:06 PM »
Thanks.
I bought the TFSA from the "TFSA Official Store" on Ali. I got the frame with the integrated handlebar for a nice price. There were some problem with pruduction and shipping though which delayed the order by about 2-3 weeks... I was't too happy with it at the time but all went relatively well and the frame (I took the sl6 lookalike) is quite OK. 28mm rear tire is very tight though...
I was quoted 250 eur for the repair, so not really worth it on a 450Eur frame...

bremerradkurier

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2023, 02:04:14 PM »
Maybe use the TFSA frame as a dedicated Zwift bike after some DIY repair with fiberglass or carbon layup with epoxy resin?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2023, 02:08:10 PM »
Maybe use the TFSA frame as a dedicated Zwift bike after some DIY repair with fiberglass or carbon layup with epoxy resin?
That was exactly what I was planning. Cheap 2x11 sensah group...

bremerradkurier

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2023, 03:09:02 PM »
That was exactly what I was planning. Cheap 2x11 sensah group...
Dedicated Zwift bikes do seem to be the killer app for Sensah given that you don't even need to have brakes.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2023, 01:57:10 PM »
Dedicated Zwift bikes do seem to be the killer app for Sensah given that you don't even need to have brakes.

Well, I changed my mind and hunted down some more Ultegra R8000 parts. Just got 2 hydraulic shifters, both derailleurs, cassette and chain for not much more money than the Sensah equivalent. Now I just need to find a nice pair of second hand disc brake callipers... I changed my mind because it would be a lot easier just to buy the same components so I don't need to switch out everything from one frame to the next. I ordered a Senicx PR3 30-46T crankset because it was on sale for only 74USD.

I'm also very close to ordering the Hygge frame. I asked the seller for some more pics of the matte carbon look and the black on black paint and they were very fast to answer and sent some nice pictures. I think I'm gonna go for the BOB with the logo's...