Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 38459 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2023, 07:46:59 AM »
Little update: I just ordered the Hygge model S in BoB (Black on black I suppose?) size 49 and a 80*380 handlebar. The seller is very fast to answer (one of the best I have dealt with till now). But they always are very helpful until the sale is made in my experience  ;D After that it is a gamble...

They assured me the frame and handlebar are in stock and will be shipped in 2-3 days.

It will be build up with the Ultegra R8000 hydraulic groupset with mechanical shifting. I hope I will not regret getting an integrated frame with all these cables...

coffeebreak

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2023, 11:23:48 AM »
You might already have the cable routing tool so you should be good even with 4 cables to manage. If not, definitely recommend to get one. I have RISK branded tool and for the price its rather effective.

OlieSimpson

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2023, 02:12:26 PM »
You might already have the cable routing tool so you should be good even with 4 cables to manage. If not, definitely recommend to get one. I have RISK branded tool and for the price its rather effective.

I've just re-built my fully mechanical VB-R-168 using the risk cable tool and it was pretty straight forward. Tool is well worth the money.

Started with routing the bars first, coming in through the stem and out through the each end of the bar. Then the frame from front to back.

The first time I built it I routed the frame first (again starting at the front) then did the bars, I would't recommend this way as it took WAY longer and was much more stressful.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2023, 03:23:36 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I bought a routing set when I was building my Carbonda 696 but I haven't needed it till now, so we'll see how it goes.

radfactor

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2023, 09:01:25 AM »
Hi sir,
It's great to hear you ordered this frameset. Yes I agree the salesperson is so attentive. Hopefully can hear more from you once you received it.

Little update: I just ordered the Hygge model S in BoB (Black on black I suppose?) size 49 and a 80*380 handlebar. The seller is very fast to answer (one of the best I have dealt with till now). But they always are very helpful until the sale is made in my experience  ;D After that it is a gamble...

They assured me the frame and handlebar are in stock and will be shipped in 2-3 days.

It will be build up with the Ultegra R8000 hydraulic groupset with mechanical shifting. I hope I will not regret getting an integrated frame with all these cables...

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2023, 11:55:30 AM »
Hi sir,
It's great to hear you ordered this frameset. Yes I agree the salesperson is so attentive. Hopefully can hear more from you once you received it.

I will keep you all updated here. I hope it is indeed in stock and I receive the frame in about 2 weeks since I am out of a road-bike since the crash...

coffeebreak

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2023, 12:02:54 PM »
Definitely keeping an eye out for the update. I have let go of the fascination I had with Airwolf all road and VB CX002 and looking for a purely road bike, the Chamaeleon-black color in this frame has me hooked.

patliean1

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2023, 12:51:54 PM »
I have let go of the fascination I had with Airwolf all road and VB CX002

I own both of those frames and quite frankly neither of them get used anymore. Shame really because both are good.

At the end of the day I'm pure road guy. With frames, groupsets, and wheels being so affordable now you really don't need an all road frame unless you absolutely do not have the space for multiple bikes. All road bikes come with compromises at both ends of the road and gravel spectrum.

coffeebreak

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2023, 08:37:48 PM »
I own both of those frames and quite frankly neither of them get used anymore. Shame really because both are good.

At the end of the day I'm pure road guy. With frames, groupsets, and wheels being so affordable now you really don't need an all road frame unless you absolutely do not have the space for multiple bikes. All road bikes come with compromises at both ends of the road and gravel spectrum.

True that! I also realized my VB GF002 is almost an all road since I exclusively run it on 32c GK SS. I bought and never ever installed the second wheel-set with 43c tires.

BalticSea

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2023, 03:12:59 AM »
So I've contacted their Ali store and asked about other possible shipping options (1.1k for Fedex is bit too much), after few measages and 40 minutes the seller has set up Aliexpress shipping option. I supposely it's partly because it was day time in China, but it's still the fastest communication I've experienced with Aliexpress.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2023, 03:16:41 AM »
So I've contacted their Ali store and asked about other possible shipping options (1.1k for Fedex is bit too much), after few measages and 40 minutes the seller has set up Aliexpress shipping option. I supposely it's partly because it was day time in China, but it's still the fastest communication I've experienced with Aliexpress.

Yeah, same here. They are insanely fast and thourough...
I am guessing this is not some 1 person third party seller like most on Ali but it is a factory store... In the pictures they sent me there are boxes and boxes of frames on warehouse racks in the background.

BalticSea

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2023, 05:34:26 AM »
Yeah, same here. They are insanely fast and thourough...
I am guessing this is not some 1 person third party seller like most on Ali but it is a factory store... In the pictures they sent me there are boxes and boxes of frames on warehouse racks in the background.

Yeah, they have Facebook page and they have posted actual pictures of frame with ton of boxes visible in background. Also, there are pictures of molding of rim brake version of this frame

patliean1

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2023, 10:23:28 AM »
The more I research this company/factory the more I like what they're doing.

Whether or not their frames are open mold it's nice to see the perception of an actual brand at this price point. Decals, paint options, and solid customer service it seems. A company like this can help alleviate some of the anxiety for first time Far East frame buyers.

I'm kind of tempted to test one their aero frame in either white or chameleon. Even though I criticized them earlier in this thread   :-X

coffeebreak

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2023, 10:39:24 AM »
FWIW their IG is one of the better ones too. Definitely not one man show operation. Talked to them again on Aliex and they sent some pictures of the chamaeleon color frame in different lighting because the ones on Aliex are pretty dark, and if I needed more they asked me check their IG page which has a lot of stuff posted.

BalticSea

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2023, 12:45:01 PM »
The more I research this company/factory the more I like what they're doing.

Whether or not their frames are open mold it's nice to see the perception of an actual brand at this price point. Decals, paint options, and solid customer service it seems. A company like this can help alleviate some of the anxiety for first time Far East frame buyers.

I'm kind of tempted to test one their aero frame in either white or chameleon. Even though I criticized them earlier in this thread   :-X

I think the frame is their own mold. They have shown pictures of new mold of rim brake version and I haven't had any luck in finding someone else sell this frame under their brand