Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 38396 times)

radfactor

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2023, 03:50:28 AM »
Eager to know if the quality of this frame is great or not. If and only if, at least the quality is the same as Speeder R52D, it will be a great bang for the buck frameset.

BalticSea

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2023, 05:00:17 AM »
Isn't the Speeder around $750 just for the frameset with handlebar? That would make it over 30% more expensive than Hygge.

Did some more research, it's the same mold as Winow FM236. I wonder if they just use the same tooling/molding or are they actually made by the same factory.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 03:53:59 PM by BalticSea »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2023, 06:41:37 AM »
Little update:
Since they said they would ship in 2-3 days and we are now on day 3 I decided to ask for an update... They responded very fast, but it was an answer I have gotten a lot from sellers when buying a frame lately: "The factory is painting the frame". I was a little annoyed by this since my last frame purchases were riddled with delays like this* so I have lost trust in Ali sellers by now...

They responded later that the factory was ready with painting and the frame will be shipped tomorrow.

Will keep you guys updated...

* A few examples of seller problems:
   ===
  • OG-Evkin has been promising to send me a replacement frame for my CF-052 HT frame with cracked BB for A MONTH now. Communication has gaps of a week and it's always "next week this and next week that". The factory is now painting the frame according to them (after 1 month) and should be shipped "next week". I will have to pay for shipping, and they have been promising to send the payment link for weeks now (it's always "tomorrow"). Since they will not send this payment info I am sceptical they will even send me a frame and for the time being I will presume they are keeping me occupied by just promising stuff until I give up.
  • When ordering my TFSA frame I really had to keep pushing the seller and it took ages for them to confess something had gone wrong in production so there would be delays. Shipping also wasn't smooth and the frame was stuck for more than a week not far from the factory

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2023, 01:32:54 AM »
So anther day, another delay...

This morning there was a message that they had already packed the order but they put a 90*380 handlebar in and asked if this was OK (I ordered the 80*380).
Since I am very picky about my position on the bike I said I needed the 80mm.

Their answer: Is a 80*400 OK because the 80*380 will take some more days...

I again said I need the 80*380... Before I ordered I specifically asked if this was in stock and they said yes.

So for the time being I am not very impressed by this seller... We'll see how it goes on. The 2-3 days shipping they promised, will be closer to one week. Still not bad but I really don't like the constant over-promising and under-delivering...

I just don't get why all these sellers keep making promises they know they won't keep.... (well, of course they do this to get you to order...)

KalviDj

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2023, 03:08:16 PM »
They answer fast but their answers are...

Fubarish

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2023, 04:10:09 PM »
They answer fast but their answers are...

Haha. This made me chuckle, not gonna lie.

coffeebreak

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2023, 10:42:17 PM »
I just don't get why all these sellers keep making promises they know they won't keep.... (well, of course they do this to get you to order...)

Exact same thing I had happen with me a few days ago. Hope you get it soon.

radfactor

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2023, 08:49:35 AM »
I understand all the frustration. Unfortunately, this is normal when contacting some sellers thru AliEx especially when there are using auto-translation.
This is different when we contact reputable sellers such as Farsports and Elitewheels and professional ones such as Speeder Cycling and Adapt Bikes.

BalticSea

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2023, 05:34:26 AM »
Is it just my app going crazy or did the prices of all Hygge products went up by 200€? Frame was around 600, now it's 800, Pro wheels were around 800, now they are over 1000, cheaper level wheels were 500, now they are over 700.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2023, 05:39:22 AM »
Is it just my app going crazy or did the prices of all Hygge products went up by 200€? Frame was around 600, now it's 800, Pro wheels were around 800, now they are over 1000, cheaper level wheels were 500, now they are over 700.

You are right. I would just wait a couple of days. I have seen this happen when I ordered my TFSA frame. Chances are it will go back to normal after a while.

FYI: My frame has shipped yesterday... (although we all know "shipped" can have a lot of different meanings on Aliexpress)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 05:50:49 AM by TidyDinosaur »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2023, 12:30:50 AM »
Prices back to normal it seems...

89quattro

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2023, 06:58:28 AM »
Was advised that rim brake version will be coming online this month. Smalls first, followed by mediums.

sbellote

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2023, 06:59:30 AM »
this is kinda common on Aliexpress.. items are permanently on 'sale' with some discount, and on Aliexpress sales they drop more, so every now and then the price goes up for a few days (max) then comes back down
so they can say it's the full price, and advertise you're paying 25% off, and on actual sales it's 50% off - while, in reality, it's less than that discounts

patliean1

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2023, 09:13:23 AM »
Today from their FB page. Dang that looks good.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2023, 02:16:03 AM »
My frame seems to be in Germany since yesterday, so I'm hoping to receive it in the next couple of days. So it has been very fast shipping until now.

Edit: the frame should be here tomorrow. That's VERY fast  :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 02:00:26 PM by TidyDinosaur »