Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 85086 times)

BeR

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #600 on: July 01, 2024, 11:19:44 PM »
I have a Giant TCR and I will build a bike for a friend. I can have a TCR 2024 frameset for almost the same price than the LCR017.

Do you think that the LCR017 is "stiffer", faster and more aerodynamic than the TCR ? My friend loves aero frame.

Serge_K

« Reply #601 on: July 02, 2024, 03:08:04 AM »
I have a Giant TCR and I will build a bike for a friend. I can have a TCR 2024 frameset for almost the same price than the LCR017.

Do you think that the LCR017 is "stiffer", faster and more aerodynamic than the TCR ? My friend loves aero frame.

if it's the same price, get the TCR 2024 any day of the week. the latest generation TCR is fairly aero and is the gold standard of light stiff climbing bike. Meanwhile the 17D is shaped like a school bus.
And if your friend rides a giant, any problem he might have goes to the usual channels. if you get him a yishun and anything happens you'll have to interface with chinese OEM shenanigans.

BeR

« Reply #602 on: July 02, 2024, 05:45:07 AM »
if it's the same price, get the TCR 2024 any day of the week. the latest generation TCR is fairly aero and is the gold standard of light stiff climbing bike. Meanwhile the 17D is shaped like a school bus.
And if your friend rides a giant, any problem he might have goes to the usual channels. if you get him a yishun and anything happens you'll have to interface with chinese OEM shenanigans.

Do you mean that none chinese frame can beat the TCR ? Even the highest brand (like Winspace for exemple)

rasch

« Reply #603 on: July 02, 2024, 08:15:31 AM »
A western brand will always have more value than a eastern (at least for the next couple of years).
Resale value and show off.

As regards frame design and aerodynamics, unless u are a pro or doing races, choose whichever u like more (and that suits u of course). Bike aerodynamic is a needle in a haystack

patliean1

« Reply #604 on: July 02, 2024, 08:54:55 AM »
I was able to strike a deal locally on my Tarmac SL8 frameset, at price pretty close to the new Tavelo Arow, SEKA, Bross, Winspace

To me this was absolutely a no brainer. And as you can imagine the riding dynamic is night and day. I have not really ridden much of my Chinese counterparts since then.

dinorello

« Reply #605 on: July 02, 2024, 09:13:30 AM »
I was able to strike a deal locally on my Tarmac SL8 frameset, at price pretty close to the new Tavelo Arow, SEKA, Bross, Winspace

To me this was absolutely a no brainer. And as you can imagine the riding dynamic is night and day. I have not really ridden much of my Chinese counterparts since then.

Was that for a new SL8 frameset?  Always better to buy premium @ a discount than full price for a B or even a C grade product

chughes

« Reply #606 on: July 02, 2024, 11:54:16 AM »

Pat winspace needs to send you their latest t1550 (gen 2) so we can do a proper comparison. I have read they have made some significant changes even as far as the gemotry. Their large is inline with with your tarmac sl8

patliean1

« Reply #607 on: July 02, 2024, 12:28:44 PM »
Was that for a new SL8 frameset?  Always better to buy premium @ a discount than full price for a B or even a C grade product

Yup, brand new frameset. And truthfully I'm now more on board with the idea that even a second-hand frame from a big western brand is still probably a better investment than a full price B/C grade product.

Pat winspace needs to send you their latest t1550 (gen 2) so we can do a proper comparison. I have read they have made some significant changes even as far as the gemotry. Their large is inline with with your tarmac sl8

Winspace decided to make the Gen2 T1550 geometry more relaxed. For my size L, they shortened the reach by 5mm and increased the stack by 13mm. I suppose they did slacken the seat tube angle from 74 to 73.5 to accommodate this. Wheelbase remains the same. With that said, the geometry is not quite anything like my SL8.

chughes

« Reply #608 on: July 02, 2024, 02:03:01 PM »
Pat the differences I am seeing  (geometry geeks) between SL8 vs winspace gen ii, size L: winspace stack is 4.5mm shorter and reach is 7mm shorter. Winspace stem sizes tend to be 5mm more than speacialized. There are also some other handlebar options that go up to 140 (farsports, avian falcon). seems to me the differences are a wash

PLA

« Reply #609 on: July 02, 2024, 07:02:50 PM »
even a second-hand frame from a big western brand is still probably a better investment than a full price B/C grade product.

1000%

Serge_K

« Reply #610 on: July 03, 2024, 02:49:48 AM »
Do you mean that none chinese frame can beat the TCR ? Even the highest brand (like Winspace for exemple)

That's neither what I wrote, nor meant. What I meant was what I wrote with regards to the question you asked.
A sweeping statement like "no Chinese frame can beat the TCR" would be non sense. Starting with the fact that the TCR is arguably a Chinese frame.

PLA

« Reply #611 on: July 03, 2024, 01:04:53 PM »
the TCR is arguably a Chinese frame.

careful man or you might need to do a john cena
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

jonathanf2

« Reply #612 on: July 03, 2024, 01:39:10 PM »
At the end of the day, doesn't it still come down to the cyclist? I've been dropped terribly by old guys on rim brake bikes. Though I've taken out cyclist riding the latest $10k+ USD S-Works Aethos on the climb. My terrain is mostly all hills, so maybe it differs for those who benefit more from aero/stiffness riding on the flats. If I didn't live by hills, I probably wouldn't even be interested in biking!