Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 106852 times)

rasch

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #690 on: September 21, 2024, 04:30:12 AM »
Please update us with the comms you get regarding the shitty frame.

As i mentioned it works with a 105 mechanical hydraulical. I didn't even need to use the metal plate. Thst one is a bit tricky to put as the seat tube is very thin in that part and you have to workaround it.

Other than that is just like any other frame

Apone

« Reply #691 on: September 21, 2024, 09:49:51 AM »
After Hambini's review we can expect a incoming price hike....

neobiker

« Reply #692 on: September 21, 2024, 10:12:21 AM »
Not so sure. They had their gravel frame reviewed and the price was not increased.

dinorello

« Reply #693 on: September 21, 2024, 07:29:28 PM »
After Hambini's review we can expect a incoming price hike....

You're referring to the Hambini "special" that he got for free?  What's f'd up is that Lightcarbon will ship plenty of substandard frames that there popping out with zero QC to unsuspecting buyers because Hambini sold out.

ODDO

« Reply #694 on: September 22, 2024, 02:22:23 AM »
Hello everyone,

After reading this thread, I am considering purchasing this frame soon.

I have two questions for those who have already purchased this frame because despite several searches on measurement sites (https://www.bikegeocalc.com and https://www.bikegeo.net) I hesitate between 2 frame sizes (52 and 54).
I am 177 cm tall and my inseam is 79 cm.
I am currently riding a Look 695 in size S (51)
I like to have a fairly large saddle outlet because I find it prettier.
Can you guide me according to your experiences?

My second question is about the choice of colors for the Chameleon series.
Did any of you order the frame with the Chameleon 08HS or Chameleon 13HS colors?
If so, can you show us the final rendering?

Thank you for your answers.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2024, 03:44:42 AM by ODDO »

Da11as

« Reply #695 on: September 22, 2024, 03:15:01 AM »
You're referring to the Hambini "special" that he got for free?  What's f'd up is that Lightcarbon will ship plenty of substandard frames that there popping out with zero QC to unsuspecting buyers because Hambini sold out.
So far I see that the incidence of shitty frames comes from not mentioning QA/QC level. My rebranded LCR0X was generally very good apart from suboptimal fitting of derailleur hanger (which fixes itself once you fastened thru axle). I am very curious about the actual quality of Z3 LCR017

Chamomile

« Reply #696 on: September 22, 2024, 05:01:55 AM »
What are all these tier/QA/QC levels people have been talking about recently regarding LightCarbon? Does a customer now have an option to get a higher quality manufactured frame if pays/donates more? Is it a new pay-to-win stay-alive element of purchasing? The frame is either reliably ridable/buildable or going to trash. Are there new degradation levels in between, like "well you can ride it but carefully" or "yeah almost built completely, but go to your local workshop for some extra work and final touch before you can even ride it." We're talking here about something above-average brand, "the HIGHEST quality bike frame," and not some random 200-buck aliexpress DIY carbon frame.

I can't see any info on this matter on their website, nor was it mentioned during our conversation when I bought two frames (MTB) 3 years ago from them.

dinorello

« Reply #697 on: September 22, 2024, 06:31:07 AM »
What are all these tier/QA/QC levels people have been talking about recently regarding LightCarbon? Does a customer now have an option to get a higher quality manufactured frame if pays/donates more? Is it a new pay-to-win stay-alive element of purchasing? The frame is either reliably ridable/buildable or going to trash. Are there new degradation levels in between, like "well you can ride it but carefully" or "yeah almost built completely, but go to your local workshop for some extra work and final touch before you can even ride it." We're talking here about something above-average brand, "the HIGHEST quality bike frame," and not some random 200-buck aliexpress DIY carbon frame.

I can't see any info on this matter on their website, nor was it mentioned during our conversation when I bought two frames (MTB) 3 years ago from them.

The Great Hambini states in his youtube video that one should refer to his video or mention Z3 in order to get a frame that doesn't catastrophically fail.  I figure that's how he gets his kickback from light carbon.  Pretty shitty way to make money by fear mongering people into paying extra for a Hambini "special"

Chamomile

« Reply #698 on: September 22, 2024, 09:17:43 AM »
I see, thank you for the clarification (his videos are quite boring and pretty watered, difficult to watch). Well, in this case, it's screwed up indeed.

Silock

« Reply #699 on: September 22, 2024, 05:06:22 PM »
I was considering getting the rim brake version of this frame, the LCR015-V, but with all the talk of the square downtube, I'm considering perhaps the LCR0X-V instead. It looks like the geometry is the main difference there, but am I missing anything else?

Macedingle

« Reply #700 on: September 22, 2024, 06:56:43 PM »
The Great Hambini states in his youtube video that one should refer to his video or mention Z3 in order to get a frame that doesn't catastrophically fail.  I figure that's how he gets his kickback from light carbon.  Pretty shitty way to make money by fear mongering people into paying extra for a Hambini "special"

There is no proof he is getting kickback from them, and said he purchased the frame himself and did not get for free. Not sure why everyone is thinking he is a sellout, he already liked Lightcarbon from the gravel bike he reviewed from them. No one said this after his T1500 review years ago

dinorello

« Reply #701 on: September 22, 2024, 07:39:16 PM »
According to your hero you need to mention his lightcarbon review video inorder to get the special, non shite frame set.  Don't you find that odd or even proof that he's getting paid to hawk Lightcarbons products?   

neobiker

« Reply #702 on: September 22, 2024, 09:58:54 PM »
Do you have evidence that he is lying? He called out other YouTuber for making reviews without mentioning the conflict of interest (the elves frames). So that would mean he would be accused of being a hypocrite?

I am not trying to defend him, I think he could be a bit more mature about women, but let's not accuse him of something without tangible proof, please.

Joselu

« Reply #703 on: Today at 03:11:47 AM »
After reading every post in this thread and falling in love with some of your bikes, I decided to order this frame two weeks ago. But now you're making me doubt—will I receive a bad frame just because I ordered it before the Hambini video and didn't specify the code?  ???

Da11as

« Reply #704 on: Today at 03:57:57 AM »
I was considering getting the rim brake version of this frame, the LCR015-V, but with all the talk of the square downtube, I'm considering perhaps the LCR0X-V instead. It looks like the geometry is the main difference there, but am I missing anything else?
I have branded disc brake version of LCR0X. You may go one page back to read my post.
1. The frame and overall quality was very good and I have no issues with the build.
2. Majority of the tubes have aerofoil profile instead of Kamm tail. It is not optimised for regular bottles so you may have to look for something like Cannondale aero bottles.
3. The saddle clamp looks ugly in my opinion but it allows for a huge range of adjustment and has a quite robust design in general. Seatpost clamp bolt located way too deep into the frame. During initial weeks of fitting i rode with long T-shaped hex key, as I couldn't reach the bolt with any of my multitools. Same goes for saddle clamp.
4. It's relatively harsh ride due to the seatpost shape and lack of sloping in top tube, but hey, it's an aero frame, they all are quite harsh. If you have decent roads in your area you will be fine.