Author Topic: Yishun R086-D Aero Road  (Read 20268 times)

neobiker

Re: Yishun R086-D Aero Road
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2023, 09:02:25 AM »
After your video review, I really want to get my hands on the 1088-D xD

Hellcat600

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2023, 10:15:15 AM »

Cnasta

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2023, 03:19:21 PM »
More pics and my initial thoughts coming soon. For now all I can say is...wow.

Rest in peace all my other cheap Chinese frames.

Hey Pat,

I really value your opinion. What would you recommend for a bike? I'm looking for aero (but not a all costs). Should be an allrounder, but race oriented. Not endurance or comfort. I like the sl7 and the new Cannondale (supersix, not the bulky system six). I normally do group ride around 39km/h average. Solo rides are around 33-35km/h. Mostly flat, but do like the occasional trip to hilly/mountain rides (so weight is not the main concern, but should be heavy).

Going for old school 2x11 (of 2x12) di2 or etap last gen and 45-50mm wheels.

Velobuild 177 is an option, so is the Yinsun R086-D.

What do you recon?

(last criteria: will be building myself, I hate problems like f'd-up c-rings and stuff. Dont want to fiddle around too much)

Chinacago

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2023, 06:51:31 PM »
Hey Pat,

I really value your opinion. What would you recommend for a bike? I'm looking for aero (but not a all costs). Should be an allrounder, but race oriented. Not endurance or comfort. I like the sl7 and the new Cannondale (supersix, not the bulky system six). I normally do group ride around 39km/h average. Solo rides are around 33-35km/h. Mostly flat, but do like the occasional trip to hilly/mountain rides (so weight is not the main concern, but should be heavy).

What do you recon?

(last criteria: will be building myself, I hate problems like f'd-up c-rings and stuff. Dont want to fiddle around too much)

Carbonda CFR 1056. Flawless quality, reasonable price, pretty, comfortable, not SUPER aggressive (like the Yishun, which is a straight up bar out of hell race bike geometry). I have three bikes, including a Crust and a Lynskey R500, and the Carbonda is just better for almost everything.

BalticSea

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2023, 01:57:17 AM »
Can you measure actual stack of the frame? I've been playing around with bikegeo.net and it calculates significantly shorterr stack for some of Yoshun frames (including R086 and R068). In the case lf R068, dofference is 15mm, which makes me wonder if Yishun lists the stack with headset cocer included. Other measurements like reach, front centre are in line

patliean1

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2023, 11:05:47 AM »
Hey Pat,

What do you recon?

I really like the Velobuild 177. They offer paint options (unlike Yishun), they've made improvement to their hardware (thanks to this forum), and you have a wealth of knowledge from experienced people in here should you choose to buy one.

As far as wheels I'm a fan of both the Elite Drives and Magene's latest Ultra wheels. In fact there is a forum member in here running a VB-177 and Magene Ultra wheels. Looks sick!

FHS

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2023, 07:04:48 PM »
Hey Pat,

Checked out the review. Maybe a separate topic, but it sounds like you are on the verge of tapping out on cheap Chinese frames. What would your YouTube presence look like?

patliean1

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2023, 02:15:06 PM »
Hey Pat,

Checked out the review. Maybe a separate topic, but it sounds like you are on the verge of tapping out on cheap Chinese frames. What would your YouTube presence look like?

Ideally I’d like my channel to become more like China Cycling in terms of reviewing not-so-known brands that offer a great value, rather than just simply being budget/cheap. I’ve missed out on opportunities to review more premium products because companies assume I’ll somehow compare their offerings to cheaper alternatives.

joegal

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2023, 03:04:22 PM »
I’ve missed out on opportunities to review more premium products because companies assume I’ll somehow compare their offerings to cheaper alternatives.

Sounds like a good path!
But I hope you will always compare the premium products to cheaper alternatives. Value for money is what our community and your viewers are after, and not just high-end products no matter the cost.

Keep it Up!

numberzero

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2023, 06:52:44 AM »
Hello can you confirm that the heat tube lenght is measured without the headset cover and the special spacer for integration?

How many centimeters do you need to add with the cover and spacer installed?

patliean1

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2023, 08:23:48 AM »
Here is my first look video I uploaded last week, in case anyone missed it. So far I've ridden around 350mi/560km. It's a fantastic. This past weekend I took it out for a 85 mile ride and it performed exactly as I expected. Smooth and fast.

YouTube Search: The BEST Cheap Frame Money Can Buy - Yishun R086D First Look
https://youtu.be/4FxmE3UfJ-U?si=bEixZFssVNkMwB05

The headtube length is measured without the headset integration because...this is the standard way to measure. The headset stack adds 60mm minimum if you don't use extra spacers. Looking at my bike position below, it's a pretty aggressive but sustainable setup. But it's mainly due to my long arms relative to my legs and torso, rather than trying to be super aero.

EDIT: The headset bearing cup is recessed 15mm into the headtube. So while the overall headset stack of 60mm is pretty tall for a "slammed" stem, Yishun made considerations for this which is why they recessed the headtube. Basically the headstack is effectively more like 45mm which is very comparable stack to my Winspace T1500 and 2022 Allez Sprint. And the headtube measurement is more like 145mm rather than 130mm for a size 54.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 08:32:15 AM by patliean1 »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2023, 09:02:19 AM »
Here is my first look video I uploaded last week, in case anyone missed it. So far I've ridden around 350mi/560km. It's a fantastic. This past weekend I took it out for a 85 mile ride and it performed exactly as I expected. Smooth and fast.

YouTube Search: The BEST Cheap Frame Money Can Buy - Yishun R086D First Look
https://youtu.be/4FxmE3UfJ-U?si=bEixZFssVNkMwB05

But that's just a crappy Chinese frame... Would it not be better to buy a real brand like this Prorace?  ;D https://prorace.be/en/bikes/aero/randa-dsq/

It's on their website: "100% Belgian Brand
Every bike is a unique piece of art
With a passion for cycling"

Sebastian

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2023, 09:45:07 AM »
The headset stack adds 60mm minimum if you don't use extra spacers.

I'm interested in this frame but I'm confused.
Like with every other frame, stack is measured without the headset cap and any spacer. I get that.
You do obviously need to use the headset cap plus the cable routing spacer (the one that the stem goes on top of).
But are you sure that these are 60mm in total - 30mm each? That would make this frame's front end taller than any other bike I've used, even if I downsized.

patliean1

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2023, 09:51:34 AM »
I'm interested in this frame but I'm confused.
Like with every other frame, stack is measured without the headset cap and any spacer. I get that.
You do obviously need to use the headset cap plus the cable routing spacer (the one that the stem goes on top of).
But are you sure that these are 60mm in total - 30mm each? That would make this frame's front end taller than any other bike I've used, even if I downsized.

Yishun on the left, Allez on the right.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 09:55:22 AM by patliean1 »

Sebastian

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2023, 10:07:11 AM »
OK, so it's 15mm each for the top cap and the cable routing spacer, while the stem itself is 30mm tall, right? That makes a lot more sense. Thx!