Author Topic: Avoid OG-Evkin Official Store on Aliexpress  (Read 2939 times)

PLA

Re: Avoid OG-Evkin Official Store on Aliexpress
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2023, 04:37:38 AM »
I bought one of their carbon computer mounts. The wahoo insert was garbage, sounded like it was snapping every time I put my wahoo in plus it was a little loose when engaged. Changed it to the garmin one and it was somewhat better, but still crap compared to my k edge, which is beautifully smooth. In addition, the gopro mount completely crumbled under an entire single newtonmeter of torque. Pathetic. I put in a claim through aliexpress and got a refund.

Wouldn't go near this company again. Garbage.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Re: Avoid OG-Evkin Official Store on Aliexpress
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 11:22:16 PM »
I was a little worried reading over these comments as I own a stem and handlebar from OG-Evkin.

About a month or so ago I went to overtake pedestrians when I felt a crack through my bars. The last 15 odd km home something felt off, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Got home and found hairline cracks in the stem face. It was out of round where tightening the face plate over the bars spread open the face.

I contacted through AliExpress and where I had a bit of a screw around from their customer service. They required me to take a photo of the internal manufacturer sticker which was deep in the throat of the stem. Ended up using an extendable mirror.
I then had to purchase a $1 item from their store page, and to my surprise they sent through a brand new stem. This one is 10-15g heavier and is much more stout. Seems like I was 'lucky' in that it was a batch issue.

No issues so far, but I've only put about 50km on them