Author Topic: RYET road wheels  (Read 656 times)

raisinberry777

RYET road wheels
« on: August 28, 2023, 06:48:44 AM »
Ordered myself some RYET carbon wheels in the recent AliExpress sale - around $315 USD (before tax) to Australia.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005908085110.html

Went for the 50mm version with regular steel bearings and Pillar 2015 spokes. This appealed to me over the Elite model wheels as it had the option for no logo and a 21mm internal width.

The wheels aren't supplied with brake pads so I have bought these OG-Evkin pads:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002292680930.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.136e1802pH9GGX

Happy to hear any suggestions people have for rim brake carbon pads on AliExpress and whether there's anything in particular I should look out for with the Ryet wheels/hubs.

Will update once they arrive.

Froglover825

Re: RYET road wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 11:07:13 PM »
I haven't had this happen to me personally but be aware the brake tracks aren't as good as what you'd expect from more premium offerings.
Just clean the brake track after wet ride and pick out any metal that makes its ways into the pads.

My superteams with their supplied brake pads actually brake really good, i use them as an all weather wheelset and for $579 you can't go wrong tbh.

sbellote

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 06:23:12 AM »
I've been using Baradine brake pads for quite a while, recommended by the now deceased (for me, at least) OzCycle
got from this link: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/4000061494452.html
Gone through a pair of the blues, and now using brown ones at the back, blues front, gotta say don't feel any difference
They work really well on my Superteam wheels and are definitely better than the original ones. Not only do they brake better, but never had any issue with the brake tracks accumulating material - which I had with the originals

anyway, don't know much of the Ryets, what I'd say is be careful with the hubs, especially after wet rides, since what I see people say about the cheap chinese carbon wheels is the hub sealing is not that good. So I'd advise to ride a bit and do some maintenance after like 1mo or so just to see if it's all good - even if you only rode on the dry
apart from that, the brake track comment from Froglover825 is worth taking into consideration

raisinberry777

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 07:30:42 AM »
Thanks for the recommendations. re: oz cycle, as long as I'm not promoting the dog killer then that's okay!

As for the brake track, I have pretty low expectations but 99% of my riding is in the dry - I'm in a pretty dry climate and if it's raining I'd usually go on the trainer. I'll keep an eye on the hubs - a YouTuber mentioned in a review from mid-2022 that the brake track was poor in wet conditions and the hub had poor weather sealing, but the one I've bought appears to have both a different hub design and seemingly a more grooved brake track.

Hasn't even shipped out yet so probably still a few weeks until it arrives.