Author Topic: TanTan TT-X38 Build  (Read 14488 times)

FlandersCyclist

Re: TanTan TT-X38 Build
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2024, 01:07:41 PM »
I made some TanTan decals. An EPS-file ready for plotting is attached in case anyone wants to have them too.
What size is your bike and how high is the saddle if I may ask?

Frank

« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2024, 03:40:24 PM »
What size is your bike and how high is the saddle if I may ask?
Size 56 and saddle height is 78,5cm.

neobiker

« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2024, 10:02:26 AM »
Finally, I found a brand that sell TanTan bikes in Europe:

https://www.atom6cycling.be/en/bikes/road/

Frank

« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2024, 01:10:42 PM »
I made some more decals including a Tantan Logo. An EPS-file ready for plotting is attached.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 01:29:47 PM by Frank »

Serge_K

« Reply #139 on: February 29, 2024, 05:44:10 AM »
I havent looked at geometry charts, but the seatpost looks a bit like a triathlon seatpost with the ability to move the saddle mount fore / aft. But if that's the case, by how much? a triathlon seatpost would typically have much more play.
And so from that, is this supposed to be a bike that lets you sit more vertical vs BB, like a triathlon bike would?
The shape of the seat tube is reminiscent of the Giant Trinity, so is it just looks, or is that bike you can dial in more than typical road bikes to lay flat and go fast on?

Frank

« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2024, 08:48:16 AM »
I havent looked at geometry charts, but the seatpost looks a bit like a triathlon seatpost with the ability to move the saddle mount fore / aft. But if that's the case, by how much?
I haven't actually measured the exact amount of movement possible, but I guess 15mm in total.

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2024, 10:05:38 AM »
How are you guys finding the stiffness of this frame? I'm looking for a stiff aero frame for crits. Would this fit the bill?

Sebastian

« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2024, 03:07:26 PM »
I havent looked at geometry charts, but the seatpost looks a bit like a triathlon seatpost with the ability to move the saddle mount fore / aft. But if that's the case, by how much? a triathlon seatpost would typically have much more play.
And so from that, is this supposed to be a bike that lets you sit more vertical vs BB, like a triathlon bike would?
The shape of the seat tube is reminiscent of the Giant Trinity, so is it just looks, or is that bike you can dial in more than typical road bikes to lay flat and go fast on?

The frame's got a pretty steep seat tube angle. Steeper than 74 degrees in some sizes. "Only" 73 on my size 58. The seatpost with the saddle clamp all the way back has very little setback if any at all. So yes. If you like to get on top of your BB this frame is for you.

Sebastian

« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2024, 03:13:05 PM »
How are you guys finding the stiffness of this frame? I'm looking for a stiff aero frame for crits. Would this fit the bill?

I got the biggest size and I'm 82kg. I find this frame to be plenty stiff in the BB area. So power transfer feels good to me. The bars (on my version which is not the Tan Tan frame but the Ceccotti/Sequel Sports one) are also very stiff. The only area where I feel it flexes more than I would like is the headtube area under sprinting. If you really pull the bars at high speeds when sprinting the headtube area flexes and that can lead to the front wheel steering feeling slightly wobbly. Not enough to really bother me but I do notice it.

ejump0

« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2024, 08:43:37 AM »

i dont have this frame, but since it looks like the new Foil, check out Seb.Kienle's 2023 Norseman Tri Foil setup for inspiration 8)