Author Topic: cycplus vs rockbros little electric pump things  (Read 2056 times)

PLA

cycplus vs rockbros little electric pump things
« on: September 20, 2023, 06:23:05 AM »
anyone tried both or either of these? is either 'better' than the other? are they essentially the same or similar unit?

considering one...

It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

jonathanf2

Re: cycplus vs rockbros little electric pump things
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 11:09:44 AM »
They're all functionally the same. Include the Cyclami electric pump on that list as well. I bought mine for less than $20 USD. Buy whichever goes on sale or clearance.

sbellote

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 02:16:20 PM »
seems all the same with different casing, Cycplus is the pioneer and the most expensive, Rockbros/Airbank can be found bit cheaper, and the Cyclami is the cheapest, as jonathanf2 mentioned (I've got one as well but still in transit)
battery/autonomy seems equal, but I suppose that there can be some difference in the temperature each one gets to when pumping
also, the lifespan of each one can be different, but that'll only be known some months from now, when there's more time and more people using each one

in the end, I'm with jonathan, buy whichever is the cheapest

jonathanf2

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 02:42:56 PM »
seems all the same with different casing, Cycplus is the pioneer and the most expensive, Rockbros/Airbank can be found bit cheaper, and the Cyclami is the cheapest, as jonathanf2 mentioned (I've got one as well but still in transit)
battery/autonomy seems equal, but I suppose that there can be some difference in the temperature each one gets to when pumping
also, the lifespan of each one can be different, but that'll only be known some months from now, when there's more time and more people using each one

in the end, I'm with jonathan, buy whichever is the cheapest

The Cycplus nozzle is more embedded and weighs under 100g, but it omits certain utility features to hit that size/weight. For example my Cyclami electric pump has a metallic loop section for a strap and the protruding nozzle seems functionally easier to use.

Yunglord

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 03:45:58 PM »
I have the "Airbank" Branded one I paid a bit under 60$ CAD for it and it works as intended!

With the silicone cover, I think it sits at 102G.

PLA

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 10:22:07 PM »
Yeah okay, cheapest it is!
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Sebastian

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 11:13:17 PM »
How many tires can you pump up with one of these? If I have a leaky tubeless tire on my gravel bike that won’t seal, will I be able to top the air up multiple times till I get home? Or will it die on me out on the road after one or two top ups?

nickobec

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2023, 01:29:26 AM »
How many tires can you pump up with one of these? If I have a leaky tubeless tire on my gravel bike that won’t seal, will I be able to top the air up multiple times till I get home? Or will it die on me out on the road after one or two top ups?
In theory two 25m road tyres to 80 psi, so depending on the volume of your tyres and preferred pressure, a few top ups.

I have the "Airbank" Branded one, again the cheapest available at the time. Used it first time in anger today when a friend had puncture and replaced their tube at coffee stop. Impress a few people by the size and pressure it pumped tyre to, not so impressed by the noise it makes.

maza

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2023, 04:07:30 PM »
No. Put an inner tube and it will pump it once and ride happily home.

raisinberry777

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2023, 04:11:56 PM »
I've just received a Cyclami branded one that cost me around $65 AUD. It pumps my 700x25mm tyre up to ~60 psi in 75 seconds - that's all I need to get me home. Seems to charge pretty quickly too (~30 mins). Haven't had to use it on the road yet but first impressions are pretty good.

Crash217

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 08:36:08 AM »
Received an Airbank branded mini pump over the weekend.   Topped off the tires on several bikes in the garage.   It works. 

It arrived in less than 11 days for $56 usd https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805655457207.html