Author Topic: Replica Factor Ostro VAM  (Read 13074 times)

jfcb

Re: Replica Factor Ostro VAM
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2023, 01:25:38 AM »
hey OP would you mind sharing the taobao link/shop name?
did you have it,jadenchinertown192?

OralMaster

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2023, 10:45:21 PM »
show us the full build man

BeR

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2024, 02:27:11 AM »
Any update please ?

estingo

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2024, 08:21:58 AM »
Bought in the end the same frame in size 56 with T1100 carbon, according to the seller on AliExpress (for what it's worth).

Weights are:
Front fork (uncut): 452 gr
Seatpost (uncut)+clamp+rubber: 229 gr
Handlebar with integrated stem: 331 gr
Frame incl: bolts+seatclamp: 1069 gr
Parts: headset, spacers, compression plug: 153 gr

Total weight of: 2234gr
costs incl. shipping to Europe with DPD was 682 euro's

Need to build everything together, just waiting for some parts though.

Bought a Deda D-fork compression D-plug after this comment:
I find that the expander plugs supplied by any chinese vendor is always shit and you have to replace it.
I just buy a default 50 or 70mm deda and sorted.

For the rest will I hijack this topic thread to continue the build of the same replica Factor Ostro VAM. The picture is just for indication of how it looks like, so I know there are no headspacers, etc.

The bottom bracket was not included, but alu axles were. those were 64 gr but I placed those at the wheels section so they are not in the frame weight calculated.

For the rest I have the Lexon Carbon crank and the wheeltop derailleur set. I will go for a 1x setup with a 52 chainring as where I am based it's quite flat.
Probably will go for the Elite Drive wheels or Superteam, I haven't decided yet
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 08:26:41 AM by estingo »

Serge_K

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2024, 12:39:17 PM »
Very nice, keep us posted. Interested especially in that D shaped steerer that scares me.
The frame looks so much like my open mould Long Teng.
Yet another friend this weekend who thought Tractor was Factor and assumed I was riding a superbike :D wonderful trolling. I then told him how much it cost me and now he wants one.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

BeR

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2024, 12:42:47 PM »
Thanks for your feedback. What is the quality of the frame ? (Paint, faced caliper, inside carbon,...)

pearl

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2024, 01:04:28 PM »
Always a fan of high level trolling, did we ever get the link to this frame? Owners, can you compare it to other bikes you have ridden?

BeR

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2024, 01:54:29 PM »
I wish we can test and check the carbon layup used for the frame.

panel

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2024, 07:41:10 PM »
estingo.......where can that frame be purchased and did you get it painted or does it come that way if you pick a certain paint scheme ? Stickers from ?

estingo

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2024, 03:35:59 AM »
estingo.......where can that frame be purchased and did you get it painted or does it come that way if you pick a certain paint scheme ? Stickers from ?

I've purchased it on Aliexpress (store: taiwan factory bike parts Store - model New Model Fasterway Ostro) and I could choose between any factor color scheme (painted or the stickers are under the paint), I doubted the one without any paint or just the clear paint that you could see the carbon layers. I know a lot of people here don't like replicas or placing a brand name on a copied frame, but in the end, I still did it, because I liked it (sorry).

I doubted also the long ten that Serge-K has, but I believe the rear is still a bit different, I think the rear tubes are a bit smaller in diameter than the long ten, but that opinion is just based on pictures that I saw so I don't know for sure + there is not a big price difference between those frames. I considered basically a lot of frames, like everyone does. I checked all bike sizes and geometries and my personal preference in looks and this was, what came out.

Thanks for your feedback. What is the quality of the frame ? (Paint, faced caliper, inside carbon,...)

Difficult to say, it's my first build and I watched a lot of comments and threads here and YouTube clips from various builders/YouTubers. For my liking is the paint job very well done, I was expecting worse, to be honest. The placement of the calipers is fine for what I have and fits perfectly so that should be fine too. And I don't have a small camera to look into the bike so I have no idea what it in looks like inside other than the BB part.

For me the BB threads look good too, if I compare them to some clips that I saw from Hambini's YouTube channel, so overall I'm quite pleased. The handlebar is a copy of black inc. and I need to sand it a bit, the inside of the stem where the wires enter that it's not too sharp but I have the feeling everyone is doing this.

In the end, I think it was carbon T1000 UD instead of T1100 but okay good enough for me, I'm just an amateur, no pro by any means, so I also think I won't break the d-shaped tube from the front fork. I won't generate that much force I'm afraid, so I do not foresee any problems but I will let you know, once it's finished and I actually drove a decent amount of km or miles.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 03:54:23 AM by estingo »

BeR

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2024, 05:10:34 AM »
I am looking for your finished build.

Ar26

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2024, 01:53:36 AM »
No sympathy for the people who make fakes and who fuel this industry. As an artistic creator, I would not like someone to copy my works and make the same signature as mine and also sell them under my name. Let these people get inspired and develop their own design, why not. Not to mention that I find it corny. What would you say if someone took your appearance and moved into your bed?

ausmtb8989

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2024, 07:06:29 AM »
Agreed.  Nice bike for sure, but I would build it without the logo.  Actually would look cleaner and slicker too imho.

Takiyaki

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2024, 09:43:04 AM »
Yea the logos have to go, I dont understand the mentality of trying to pass off a replica as real.

tssy5

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2024, 12:26:02 AM »
I've purchased it on Aliexpress (store: taiwan factory bike parts Store - model New Model Fasterway Ostro) and I could choose between any factor color scheme (painted or the stickers are under the paint), I doubted the one without any paint or just the clear paint that you could see the carbon layers. I know a lot of people here don't like replicas or placing a brand name on a copied frame, but in the end, I still did it, because I liked it (sorry).

I doubted also the long ten that Serge-K has, but I believe the rear is still a bit different, I think the rear tubes are a bit smaller in diameter than the long ten, but that opinion is just based on pictures that I saw so I don't know for sure + there is not a big price difference between those frames. I considered basically a lot of frames, like everyone does. I checked all bike sizes and geometries and my personal preference in looks and this was, what came out.

Difficult to say, it's my first build and I watched a lot of comments and threads here and YouTube clips from various builders/YouTubers. For my liking is the paint job very well done, I was expecting worse, to be honest. The placement of the calipers is fine for what I have and fits perfectly so that should be fine too. And I don't have a small camera to look into the bike so I have no idea what it in looks like inside other than the BB part.

For me the BB threads look good too, if I compare them to some clips that I saw from Hambini's YouTube channel, so overall I'm quite pleased. The handlebar is a copy of black inc. and I need to sand it a bit, the inside of the stem where the wires enter that it's not too sharp but I have the feeling everyone is doing this.

In the end, I think it was carbon T1000 UD instead of T1100 but okay good enough for me, I'm just an amateur, no pro by any means, so I also think I won't break the d-shaped tube from the front fork. I won't generate that much force I'm afraid, so I do not foresee any problems but I will let you know, once it's finished and I actually drove a decent amount of km or miles.

I also came across a Ostro VAM replica frame without logo in size 52 for around $500 USD. I don't have any proof but I personally don't believe they really give you T1000 / T1100 for a cheap frame like this, even if they have it is probably just a single layer of T1000, which is pretty much useless (the western brands do it like this too when they claim they used T1000 btw).

Full build is 8kg including pedals, it feels a bit less stiff than my Giant TCR Advanced 2 but my TCR creaks like hell in the BB area when riding uphill, yet this supposed to be cheap quality aliexpress frame has no creaking issues.

Bad thing about this replica is that the little parts are not high quality, which means you would need to get yourself some titanium bolts, there is also no manual whatsoever so you would need to figure out those little issues yourself such as finding the right size and length for the bolts, could be pain in the ass if you are not a DIY person.

The paint is really great for this price, it is not perfect but you can hardly notice those minor issues without knowing where to look.