Author Topic: Lewis Bike (Trickstuff 2 & 4 piston clones)  (Read 5524 times)

Sakizashi

Re: Lewis Bike (Trickstuff 2 & 4 piston clones)
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2023, 08:41:33 PM »
I've been trying to buy a set of the road calipers since early October when i first saw photos of the samples.

The only thing to add is that their road calipers are shimano pad compatible. I should have more details when / if I am able to complete the purchase.

coffeebreak

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2023, 01:02:51 AM »
I sent an enquiry regarding what barbs olives hoses these use, the reply

"the caliper doesn't include the hose, which can be used with our other brake hose. Outside Diameter 5mm, Bore 2.2mm.
The barbs and olives are our own specification, attached in package.
Yes, it can work with Shimano shifters."

I'm guessing they mean the newer generation of Shimano shifters with BH90 barbs.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 01:10:51 AM by coffeebreak »

Vipassana

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2023, 06:05:09 PM »
The levers feel amazing... My BL-M8100 levers still works perfectly, but now they feel like garbage in comparison :'(; D. No play in the lever blades either.
Only tried the front brake, but they're very direct, little to no progression.
With an allen key, you can also get the pads closer or further to the disk with the barrel adjuster inside the reach adjuster, and that's the main difference with the Piccola or any other brakes as far as i know.

Any further review on the set? I'm this | - | close to ordering the LV2.

xXROGXx971

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2023, 02:23:03 PM »
Any further review on the set? I'm this | - | close to ordering the LV2.

They are currently on my commuter bike and have been flawless so far. My only complain is that Lewis (and Trickstuff) doesn't make any I-Spec EV adapter (only Matchmaker) for the levers at the moment :'(...

mailman

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2024, 03:42:20 PM »
What brake pads do the LV2 (and LT4) use? I couldn't see it on the website.

xXROGXx971

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2024, 11:49:40 PM »
What brake pads do the LV2 (and LT4) use? I couldn't see it on the website.

They use SRAM's Level dual pistons caliper style of pads for the LV2, Hope's E4 pads style for the LH4 and the LV4 and Hope's V4 pads style for the LHT Ultimate.

On another note, my bike got stolen last weekend so i won't be able to give more updates to you guys about the LV4... I'm sorry :-\.
They were flawless last time i was able to used them, that's all i can say :'(.

aeroskiii

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2024, 01:37:28 AM »
They use SRAM's Level dual pistons caliper style of pads for the LV2, Hope's E4 pads style for the LH4 and the LV4 and Hope's V4 pads style for the LHT Ultimate.

On another note, my bike got stolen last weekend so i won't be able to give more updates to you guys about the LV4... I'm sorry :-\.
They were flawless last time i was able to used them, that's all i can say :'(.
[/quot
o7

jefflinde

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2024, 01:26:17 PM »
Where are you guys buying these and are you in the US?  I found a few UK stores but the prices seem to be much higher than what is listed on the Lewis website.  I found an e-bike store selling them for $359, is that the going rate now?  TYIA

nicklej

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2024, 02:47:37 AM »
Where are you guys buying these and are you in the US?  I found a few UK stores but the prices seem to be much higher than what is listed on the Lewis website.  I found an e-bike store selling them for $359, is that the going rate now?  TYIA

Inevitably the price will go up if you can't buy direct. Try giving them an email sales@lewisbike.com and see what they can do. When these first surfaced I was given a price to order them direct but now there is a UK distributor (Submission Cycles) but that doens't help you since you're in the US. :)