Author Topic: ODIN ZEUS one piece carbon stem  (Read 932 times)

bichler.bua

ODIN ZEUS one piece carbon stem
« on: September 28, 2023, 01:26:47 AM »
Searching for ODIN ZEUS I found some posts regarding integrated bar and stem combos.
But nothing around their stems, in particular the light one piece carbon stem:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005006015362205.html

Any experiences or thoughts on these?

numberzero

Re: ODIN ZEUS one piece carbon stem
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 08:17:21 AM »
It's a darimo copy of IX2 stem, design, claimed weight are the sames.

With darimo products if it's not broken by overtighening at 3,1 n.m (when you know it only slips if not at 4 n.m ::)) during installation the question is when will it break. And quality is really handmade...

Would you trust a copy (of a garbage to my opinion) which is 3x less expensive?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 10:24:57 AM by numberzero »

PLA

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 10:21:40 AM »
Any experiences or thoughts on these?

My thoughts would probably be to increase my health insurance dental cover prior to installing that stem.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

jonathanf2

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 11:27:28 AM »
For the price, it ain't worth it. An UNO ultra light stem with titanium bolts is sub 100g, rock solid and cost less than $20 USD. You can cut those extra grams running a lightweight bare carbon saddle if you want to make up the 15-20g difference.

Sakizashi

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 08:31:17 PM »
I ran across these the other day as well. For some reason, I am seeing the Darimo ix2 as being diffferent across the range, but includes the hardware vs. Odin Zeus not including the hardware in their weights. so the Darimo stuff ends up being quite a bit lighter.

FWIW, weighed without hardware my 100mm -17 deg Kalloy Uno stem weighs 82g vs. 73g for the Odin Zeus. As others mentioned the Kalloy stems are 17.50USD + shipping and tax. You can then spend $12 on Ti hardware and be likely be within 5-6g of the whole thing for 1/3rd the cost.

00Garza

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 10:06:11 AM »
Yeah, not worth it imo.

Even on the Weightweenie forums, kalloy tends to be the go to for budget builds. Best bang for buck (dollars for grams).

Vipassana

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 01:14:05 PM »
Yeah, not worth it imo.

Even on the Weightweenie forums, kalloy tends to be the go to for budget builds. Best bang for buck (dollars for grams).

I've been rocking the Kalloy stem on my XC hardtail since 2014.  Best $17 I've spent in the bike world.

I wish they would bring back the white paint job options though.  Goes well with my color scheme.

00Garza

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 03:41:09 PM »
I've been rocking the Kalloy stem on my XC hardtail since 2014.  Best $17 I've spent in the bike world.

I wish they would bring back the white paint job options though.  Goes well with my color scheme.

Pretty sure you still can find them on ebay, but they ship from random countries which can up the price significantly.