Author Topic: Twitter, who knows? who experienced?  (Read 1319 times)

numberzero

Twitter, who knows? who experienced?
« on: September 29, 2023, 03:22:44 AM »
Hello, are there people who have experience with twitter bikes. I don't see anything on the forum at the moment.

Here (https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=172802) a guy, who seems honest, was pretty not satisfied with his 1,5k$ yoeleo gravel and prefers by far his cheapest twitter gravel v3.
I also find that twitter quality seems pretty low, they're probably lying on the EPS molding and so...

So what to think about twitter?

Yunglord

Re: Twitter, who knows? who experienced?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 12:17:34 PM »
Hello, are there people who have experience with twitter bikes. I don't see anything on the forum at the moment.

Here (https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=172802) a guy, who seems honest, was pretty not satisfied with his 1,5k$ yoeleo gravel and prefers by far his cheapest twitter gravel v3.
I also find that twitter quality seems pretty low, they're probably lying on the EPS molding and so...

Rigoberto Uran's brand Uranium bikes is selling the same frame Twitter is selling as their road bike and they have an OK following in Colombia.

jonathanf2

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 06:50:50 PM »

Twitter seems quite popular in many Asian countries. Not a fan of the name though. How hard is it to use a thesaurus to come up with a cool name? Lol

zerstorer

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 05:36:52 PM »
Well this may be a few months late, but I also own a Twitter gravel v3.

I think the crux of his comments is more of how the bike handles and the v3 actually has pretty aggressive geometry among gravel bikes, with a lower stack.

The frame internals might not be the cleanest but the key thing is everything works well. I have had the frame for over 2+ years and numerous equipment upgrades and so far it has not let me down.

My current iteration with Magene QED power meter, sroad cassette and ltwoo ER9 is 8.2kg

Not too shabby for a full build which originally cost us$1000 shipped from china.

Imo twitter is one of the best value deals if you are out for a cheap reliable bike.

Their new R12 is also available for us$1100 on taobao with wheeltop eds tx shifting. Doubt anyone can beat that kind of value.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 07:27:45 PM by zerstorer »

jonathanf2

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 11:51:06 AM »
Twitter has a US presence with a website and everything. Also AliEx sellers have that frame stocked in a US warehouse for fast shipping, it's setup for both full and semi-integrated cable routing and lastly during the last 11.11 sale I was offered the option to buy the frame for less than $300 USD. I didn't buy it since I already have a carbon gravel bike, but for the money I see it as a good value.

Also I see gravel bikes as something that will be thrashed regardless. I'd rather spend $300 USD on a frameset that will eventually be crashed or potentially dropped off the side of a narrow cliff.